• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bring him back!!!!

Je Roos Salem

I thought you two would have recognised the serial pest and not bothered with him.

Jose is the current alias of Enforce, E25, Artie Bucco, Glengary Glenross, Gareth keenan, Arsene Wenger.

He belittles, shouts down and ridicules anyone who has an opinion that is not 100% supportive of the club. Every couple of months he backs himself into a corner and exposes his agenda and makes a fool of himself (as he is now doing). Once this happens he creates a new user name and it begins all over again. Have a look at some of the Dean Bailey and Tom Scully threads for proof of the cancer that he is on this site.

I've been warned from the moderators of this site for exposing his alias, so it seems that his actions are endorsed. It's ruining this site, and why I no longer post. It's also been mentioned on other sites that others do not post for the same reason.

Until the moderators stop endorsing aliases and rid Demonland of this goose they will continue to loose support of those that want to have genuine discussion.

I expect I will get a warning for this post, and the endorsement the belittling and aggressive posts of the Enforcer will continue under a new alias next week.

And you should get a warning for your totally unfair, inaccurate comments. Gee, the guy is simply stating his opinion and defending his arguments. Surely, that's what this forum is all about? You and he and all of us are on the same side remember?

And you should get a warning for your totally unfair, inaccurate comments. Gee, the guy is simply stating his opinion and defending his arguments. Surely, that's what this forum is all about? You and he and all of us are on the same side remember?

I think that stating an opinion and belittling others in the process are two different things?

Guest José Mourinho

Careful Bob, you'll be accused of being an alias.

I think that stating an opinion and belittling others in the process are two different things?

Belittling is all in the eye of the belittlee.

If I have offended, then I apologise.

But in my opinion, if you don't see those factors as being significant contributors, then you have a shallow understanding of them.

edit: Maybe the issue is the understanding of the english language?

Often "ignorant" is seen as a blatant insult, but it simply means you are completely ignoring something or unaware of it.

Nothing to necessarily be ashamed of.

Edited by José Mourinho

Guest José Mourinho

Great to see Thomo back, but is this really all for a 5-second clip of Watts laying a half-arsed tackle??

Guest José Mourinho

Hey Jose you obviously have never tackled or you wouldnt say that! What factors ? You play, you tackle you compete,yes even if the guy is heavier You ever hear about power, force you ever hear about leverage. Go away and learn some physics

I have and it's one of the things I'm quite good at, and it's best done when you GET LOW.

Something at Watts' height is difficult to do to blokes much shorter than him.

Something I also used to have trouble with when I was too light - you just can't get the leverage to pull someone down.

Centre of gravity plays a big part.

But although it's a factor, we're obscuring the issue.

His attitude still needs further drastic adjustment.

I just don't think this tackle should be the incident that see him drawn and quartered.

Yes Thomo, he is a serial trouble maker and flamer. Was he also Lutz and Keyser Soze?

Yes he was but to be fair I think 'serial trouble maker' and 'flamer' is off the mark. His has as much right to an opinion as anyone else. I think what annoys posters are the belittling barbs he throws at anyone who doesn't agree with them.

He's no Dr Who so don't lump him in that category!

Careful Bob, you'll be accused of being an alias.

Belittling is all in the eye of the belittlee.

If I have offended, then I apologise.

But in my opinion, if you don't see those factors as being significant contributors, then you have a shallow understanding of them.

edit: Maybe the issue is the understanding of the english language?

Often "ignorant" is seen as a blatant insult, but it simply means you are completely ignoring something or unaware of it.

Nothing to necessarily be ashamed of.

Wow! You're good.....another belittling comment.

Please Jose, let's just agree to disagree.

Guest Jackie

Yes he was but to be fair I think 'serial trouble maker' and 'flamer' is off the mark. His has as much right to an opinion as anyone else. I think what annoys posters are the belittling barbs he throws at anyone who doesn't agree with them.

He's no Dr Who so don't lump him in that category!

I'm not sure if you say he was or wasn't by your response. He/she must hold the record for the most posts on this forum by miles. And most are playing the man, not the ball and he/she seems to be around all the time. New posters must think this is how to conduct oneself on this forum. He kind of sets the tone for a lot of bad blood on here.

Edited by Jackie

I'm not sure if you say he was or wasn't by your response. He/she must hold the record for the most posts on this forum by miles. And most are playing the man, not the ball and he/she seems to be around all the time. New posters must think this is how to conduct oneself on this forum. He kind of sets the tone for a lot of bad blood on here.

Insults are a sign of weakness. That's how I see them.

But I can understand how potential new posters might be put off or intimidated by his approach. I think you're right there.

Guest José Mourinho

Isn't it curious how some people see certain things as insults because they disagree with them, but then others are completely ignored because they have a similar opinion...

Food for thought.

And it's a bit hypocritical to engage in character assassination in the very same post.

I have heard a whisper of some trouble, that i cannot back up so i will refrain from telling at this stage...But my source is pretty solid with a few players so i believe it to be pretty good..

I have been sworn to secrecy, and i wish to honour that..in case there is more on the horizon...

I know people on here do not like this grey answer, but that's the way it is for now.

...... so he DID hug his grandmother instead of tackling her :blink:

Main focus is to get things right on the field.... hopefully he has a few words to Morton about toughening up and he'll be on his way! :)

Guest Jackie

Isn't it curious how some people see certain things as insults because they disagree with them, but then others are completely ignored because they have a similar opinion...

Food for thought.

And it's a bit hypocritical to engage in character assassination in the very same post.

Just like our football club there still is hope for all. I am sure we will see a more positive warm fuzzy side of the more obsessed and /or disfunctionall supporters once we start to achieve some real success.

…. a bit of overexaggeration....

....you're a fool if you're going to ignore his build and are not willing to afford him that.

Argue with what I said. That's fine. But I don't appreciate being called a fool. If I had any respect for you, I might be very offended.

"overexaggeration" - and I'm the fool?

At least 2 weeks helping out in the ruck (after some decent coaching from a former ruck great or whoever our ruck coach is ...assuming we have one). Probably need assistance in the ruck anyway to help out at VFL level with Fitzy moving upstairs. Assuming he does what's asked and hits the contest hard, spreads well, gets to plenty of other contests (impacting them) etc...then take him to the next step (below). No he aint no ruckman, but there's absolutely no where to hide in the middle and some around the ground work going for the ball up. He either brings the attack, intensity and uses his body (to the best of his capability/strength at this point of his early development) or he don't. Don't even need him to beat his opponent as such. It's the intensity, attack and fearlessness i'd be looking for. In fact he'll probably get smashed in that role. But that's ok (subject to no major injury of course).

I concur

Not real sure if Watts has any huge respect for Neeld now. Positive that in his "current frame of mind" he aint gunna be much of a footballer. I was rapt when we got him but have pretty much reversed my opinion. He does not appear to try all that hard and is a one effort only, player. I will not make excuses for him like many here and if he has any goolies he will give it one hell of a try in his next senior game. He needs to:-

fly for marks from the front-on position more often in a much more aggressive way,

make 2nd efforts to gain posession at EVERY opportunity,

make serious, demanding leads to his team mates,

continue to apply himself more and more at training,

vastly improve his body language onfield,

chase the opposition ball carrier fiercely,

hit the loose ball in a more positive manner and harder, much harder,

work more on his personal diet and muscular development esp upper body,

and actually believe he COULD become a good player one day!

Not real sure if Watts has any huge respect for Neeld now. Positive that in his "current frame of mind" he aint gunna be much of a footballer. I was rapt when we got him but have pretty much reversed my opinion. He does not appear to try all that hard and is a one effort only, player. I will not make excuses for him like many here and if he has any goolies he will give it one hell of a try in his next senior game. He needs to:-

fly for marks from the front-on position more often in a much more aggressive way,

make 2nd efforts to gain posession at EVERY opportunity,

make serious, demanding leads to his team mates,

continue to apply himself more and more at training,

vastly improve his body language onfield,

chase the opposition ball carrier fiercely,

hit the loose ball in a more positive manner and harder, much harder,

work more on his personal diet and muscular development esp upper body,

and actually believe he COULD become a good player one day!

The part of the highlights with the tackle may be out of context. I am aware of that. But it is worrying. I wonder why the editor included that incident and then Watts is shown coming off. The part immediately before the tackle sequence highlights Jack's skills. I also wonder if he has gone this far on raw skills alone but now needs an elite attitude to match.