Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions

A lot of people calling for Jurrah to return... But is anyone else concerned about his court appearance this Thursday? Nor sure if this will be a trial or not, but the reports at the time of the incident were not encouraging to say the least.

A lot of people calling for Jurrah to return... But is anyone else concerned about his court appearance this Thursday? Nor sure if this will be a trial or not, but the reports at the time of the incident were not encouraging to say the least.

Stylus I think it is just a preliminary hearing.

I don't think he even has to attend in person.

Not 100% on that but that is my memory

Let's hope all goes well.

If, like old dee said, he doesn't have to appear, he'll be back. He just looked miles and miles ahead of that level.

As I understand it, it is a video link and it is to make a plea (that is, guilty or not guilty) after which a time will be set for the trial to commence, which I guess could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months.

No, I'm more concerned with a decrease of head over the ball, & a loss of contested footy & defending & chasing. Thats what I want to see from every Melbourne player.

As well as the spread & looking to support Our ball carrier when our other players don't have the ball, they can block, shepherd, or provide an option to receive.

I believe that the articles said he would be appearing by video link. Not sure whether this is the actual trial or just some sort of preliminary thing though. Perhaps Rudeboy could tell us?

Correct. He would be spending countless hours with the lawyers in preparation for this big day. Poor preparation for football.

I still dont think he is fit enough to run out a game. I heard one of the FD say some weeks ago that his fitness condition wont be right until mid season. Seems a fair assessment from the TV game.

I still dont think he is fit enough to run out a game. I heard one of the FD say some weeks ago that his fitness condition wont be right until mid season. Seems a fair assessment from the TV game.

Perhaps, but with Casey having 2 weeks off, perhaps he'd be better working on his fitness in the firsts, while kicking the odd goal and providing the odd cameo. Even a bit underdone, could he do worse than what Petterd or a few others did last week?

Decisions decisions.

Perhaps, but with Casey having 2 weeks off, perhaps he'd be better working on his fitness in the firsts, while kicking the odd goal and providing the odd cameo. Even a bit underdone, could he do worse than what Petterd or a few others did last week?

Decisions decisions.

He'd make a hell of a substitute. He loves the one quarter burst. We could easily see him come on and kick 5.

I enjoy watching Casey.

They always look like they are having a red hot go.

What more can you ask for!

I heard the coach interviewed on saturday and he said among other things.

" I try and keep it simple"

Now there is a radical thought.

Loved him when he played and looks like he knows what he is doing as a VFL coach.

I enjoy watching Casey.

They always look like they are having a red hot go.

What more can you ask for!

I heard the coach interviewed on saturday and he said among other things.

" I try and keep it simple"

Now there is a radical thought.

Loved him when he played and looks like he knows what he is doing as a VFL coach.

Enjoyed it too od. A little to think about and quite a number of positives. Not too hard to imagine Taggert and Davis developing further ( Have had Davis on the Radar for a while, bit of a fighter and loved the way he chased down that little Box Hill bloke. Taggert in game two or three showed he can handle that level quite well. Takes most longer to reach even this stage.) Honourable mention to Blease for me as well.

Decisions decisions.

He may be eligible to play for the Casey reserves, assuming they play. Not sure how that works though.

I might be wrong, but I think this was Neeld's call.

So when everyone wants to get stuck into the recruiting department how do we know if a player was

Neeld/Baileys call or Prendergast ?

Daniher or Cameron ?

Does my head in.

So when everyone wants to get stuck into the recruiting department how do we know if a player was

Daniher or Cameron ?

Does my head in.

Does it make any difference now?

We have what we have and sadly most of them are below Par.

There is no alternative but to play on with the majority of this lot over the next few seasons and try to improve via drafts and trading.

Unfortunately it looks a very long haul whatever way you look at it.

Guest José Mourinho

Daniher or Cameron ?

Does my head in.

I don't think football department decisions are made with a view to giving the supporters a clear target to apportion the blame too if things don't work out favourably.

But I do recall hearing Neeld interviewed Taggert at the combine and gave him his email address, as he did all interviewees, and Taggert was the only one who replied to him, with a long email detailing what he wanted to get out of his career, and where he saw himself being used as an AFL player (big-bodied inside ball-winner).

Taggert was willing to make the extra effort to impress and further his career.

The decision was made on character, as much as talent.

Does it make any difference now?

We have what we have and sadly most of them are below Par.

There is no alternative but to play on with the majority of this lot over the next few seasons and try to improve via drafts and trading.

Unfortunately it looks a very long haul whatever way you look at it.

Actually, there is an alternative. Develop the players we have. Logic tells me that we can't have got all our draft picks wrong. Which means our development (skills, fitness, gameplan, character, leadership) has been poor.

Actually, there is an alternative. Develop the players we have. Logic tells me that we can't have got all our draft picks wrong. Which means our development (skills, fitness, gameplan, character, leadership) has been poor.

Not sure your logic holds water.

But either way the way forward is work with the majority of what we have because there is no real alternative.

2013 looks almost as bleak as 2012 to me.

But who knows at present even those we know are up to AFL standard look very ordinary.