Please Explain?

Okey Doke.

Round 17 2010 Melbourne 22 10 (142) Def Sydney 10 9 (69)

That was two years ago and was a very fond memory for me. After going to the G for nearly ten years my daughter aged 5 at the time came with me for the first time. All I wanted was enough goals from us so my daughter could wave the melbourne flag around. Well we demolished sydney all over the ground and it is the most fun I have had at the G. So the question is what the bloody hell has happened? Two years on we are woeful. That game in 2010 there was run and carry and we had depth in our young list and it looked like our potential was finally coming to the surface. It seems now we have not only stopped dead but completely gone backwards. Leaving the G in 2010 I thought to myself " By 2012 we will be top 6" Now it seems that bottom 4 is a shoe in. Can someone please explain what has happened since then. I know what is happening now but what has made us go backwards so bad?

Looking at the team from that day:

Gone: Bruce, Wonaemirri, Johnson, Scully, Maric

Still Here: Sylvia, Frawley, Davey, Morton, MacDonald, Bartram, Bail, McKenzie, Jamar, Garland, Green, Dunn, Bennell, Rivers, Jones, Watts, Jurrah

Jack Watts and possibly Nathan Jones are probably the only players that played that day that you could make an argument for being a better player today then they were 2 years ago, and even they are debatable. A few others have stagnated badly and the rest have gone completely backwards.

Edited by Forest Demon

The game has moved on and we have not. Run and carry is dead.

Also, do not underestimate how bad Sydney were that day. That was probably their worst ever performance under Paul Roos. We kind of just got them on a good day.

Also, do not underestimate how bad Sydney were that day. That was probably their worst ever performance under Paul Roos. We kind of just got them on a good day.

I know sydney were bad but we were really good.

Okey Doke.

Round 17 2010 Melbourne 22 10 (142) Def Sydney 10 9 (69)

That was two years ago and was a very fond memory for me. After going to the G for nearly ten years my daughter aged 5 at the time came with me for the first time. All I wanted was enough goals from us so my daughter could wave the melbourne flag around. Well we demolished sydney all over the ground and it is the most fun I have had at the G. So the question is what the bloody hell has happened? Two years on we are woeful. That game in 2010 there was run and carry and we had depth in our young list and it looked like our potential was finally coming to the surface. It seems now we have not only stopped dead but completely gone backwards. Leaving the G in 2010 I thought to myself " By 2012 we will be top 6" Now it seems that bottom 4 is a shoe in. Can someone please explain what has happened since then. I know what is happening now but what has made us go backwards so bad?

Lllleadership,,, Leadership, Leadership !!!

Where's Junior? A Big cockup by our brains trust?

Attitude has flown the coupe'.

We replaced a tough honest skipper with another, & everyone wanted onto the gravytrain for leadeship roles as it where... Then noses severely out of joint. Just like Yze & Robbo when they left shity. Cart Before the horse.

We keep putting flashiness above substance, in our accolades for heros. Junior should be a hero. like Neitz.

I hope Neeld has a better handle on these matters, & it does look like he does, with the way he's decided to go, re the young leaders.

As versus what we do now?

Run & carry isn't dead, it just isn't as prevalent.

What is dead in Not tackling & defending. You must have 18 on field who'll risk the body.

• Like 1

[censored] happens sometimes you have to go back in order to progress forward. I hope this is the case for MFC playing list. The West Coast fans went through hell in 2010 got smashed pillar to post, everyone said Worsfold's time was up. Look at them now with basically the same list. Yeah i'm extremely dissapointed watching crap like we put up with every week, but i'm going to give Neeld and his team a chance to progress. Under the current regime its been 2 rounds. i'm impatient i think all MFC members are and rightly so, but lets back the coach and club in and hope the players do to. We will see by the end of the season and trade period which players really want to play for the Red & Blue.

The 2010 season was the West Coast Eagles' 24th season in the AFL. The Eagles finished 16th and last to record their first wooden spoon in the competition, just four years after their premiership season of 2006. West Coast played 22 games, including 12 at Subiaco Oval, winning just four and losing the remaining eighteen.

Squad

1 Mitch Brown

2 Mark LeCras

4 Daniel Kerr

5 Brad Ebert

6 Mark Nicoski

7 Chris Masten

8 Beau Waters (vice-captain)

9 Nic Naitanui

10 Scott Selwood

11 Matthew Priddis (vice-captain)

12 Brad Sheppard

13 Luke Shuey

14 Koby Stevens

15 Tom Swift

16 Eric MacKenzie

17 Josh Kennedy (vice-captain) 18 Bradd Dalziell

19 Tim Houlihan

20 Dean Cox (vice-captain)

21 Quinten Lynch

22 Ryan Neates

23 Darren Glass (captain)

24 Matthew Rosa

25 Shannon Hurn (vice-captain)

26 Sam Butler

27 Ben McKinley

28 Ashley Smith

29 Ashley Hansen

30 Matthew Spangher

31 Will Schofield

32 Andrew Embley

33 Jordan Jones

34 Tony Notte

35 Patrick McGinnity

37 Adam Selwood (vice-captain)

38 Brett Jones

42 Beau Wilkes

44 Gerrick Weedon

Rookies:

36 Callum Wilson

39 Lewis Broome

40 Will Sullivan

41 Andrew Strijk

43 Ashton Hams

45 Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls

47 Lewis Stevenson

48 Adam Cockie

Edited by Angelus BTVS

[censored] happens sometimes you have to go back in order to progress forward. I hope this is the case for MFC playing list. The West Coast fans went through hell in 2010 got smashed pillar to post, everyone said Worsfold's time was up. Look at them now with basically the same list. Yeah i'm extremely dissapointed watching crap like we put up with every week, but i'm going to give Neeld and his team a chance to progress. Under the current regime its been 2 rounds. i'm impatient i think all MFC members are and rightly so, but lets back the coach and club in and hope the players do to. We will see by the end of the season and trade period which players really want to play for the Red & Blue.

The 2010 season was the West Coast Eagles' 24th season in the AFL. The Eagles finished 16th and last to record their first wooden spoon in the competition, just four years after their premiership season of 2006. West Coast played 22 games, including 12 at Subiaco Oval, winning just four and losing the remaining eighteen.

Squad

1 Mitch Brown

2 Mark LeCras

4 Daniel Kerr

5 Brad Ebert

6 Mark Nicoski

7 Chris Masten

8 Beau Waters (vice-captain)

9 Nic Naitanui

10 Scott Selwood

11 Matthew Priddis (vice-captain)

12 Brad Sheppard