• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dennis Cometti sticks the boot in

praha

Guest Dr Who

I heard Carey on Triple M over the weekend and he was adamant that they would not have won a flag without Pagan as coach. He said Pagan was instrumental in harnessing the talent and providing the direction the club needed. I've also heard Brad Scott say that Matthews was pivotal to their success and changed the entire club the moment he walked in the door.

Of course, according to our good Doctor, those premierships of 10-15 years ago are anachronistic, they're almost from another lifetime and certainly don't represent "modern football", where it's only about development and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Yeah i doubt Brad Scot would have discussed the extra $1 million dollars in their salary cap .... ooops probably better to talk up your ex-coach. What happened when the AFL took that extra $1 million away - they started to fall down the ladder like a lead weight. But wait they(Brisbane) sacked Lethal - strange - if it was all about him.

I've heard David King talk about Pagan many, many times - he was a dead set lunatic. How did he (Pagan) go at Carlton when they had no money? Try the word - Wooden Spoons. But its all about the coach.

Oh but it wasn't. You just dont know the facts do you.

Heah maybe just maybe you might learn to know the facts and not sprout the spin.

Edited by Dr Who

So, according to you, the head coach isn't overly important, even though he sets the tone of the club, and the head recruiter certainly isn't. And you keep referencing "modern football" ?

The shallowness of your thinking is truly mind boggling.

Congratulations.

I agree with everything you have said Ben-Hur....DrWho's posts are amusing

Guest Dr Who

hahaha, at least you give me a good laugh everyday Dr?

btw why don't you stand for the board as Demonland's Supporters' Representative? We'll all vote for you.

your slogan could be "modern members for modern football"

posters might be able to come up with some more slogans

Go for it Dr?. You're our best bet, the rest of us are too inartikukayte

hahahaha - yeah well you touch on a very important point -

Given a choice I wouldn't want to represent your type anyway - You are a "rabble" that display on a daily basis a complete lack of knowledge for the game.

But where have I heard that before (but no need to mention names, the list would be so long - & I'm not sure you would know half of them anyway) - the truth hurts, suck it up big boy. good luck solving all YOUR self-inflicted problems. Change or die.

You toddle off to the snow now - I will toddle off to Auskick & watch the kids play. When I come back you will still be talking the same crap.

Edited by Dr Who

Given a choice I wouldn't want to represent your type anyway - You are a "rabble" that display on a daily basis a complete lack of knowledge for the game.

But where have I heard that before - the truth hurts, suck it up big boy. good luck solving all YOUR self-inflicted problems. Change or die.

You toddle off to the snow now - I will toddle off to Auskick & watch the kids play. When I come back you will still be talking the same crap.

My God it is great to be in the company of wisdom.

when should I bow?

Guest Dr Who

I agree with everything you have said Ben-Hur....DrWho's posts are amusing

Glad I've remained amusing - but Ben-Hur & others sadden me. But no big loss.

C'mon mate, tell the truth..you are about to go and play Auskick, not watch

Edited by DavidNeitz9

How did he (Pagan) go at Carlton when they had no money? Try the word - Wooden Spoons. But its all about the coach.

When a club has no money and crap players how do you reckon any coach is going to go ?

No-one is disputing that development and dollars are vitally important you dolt, but equally talent identification, list management, as well as a head coach who is able to mould a club in a fashion he believes will ensure success is paramount.

Who do you think orchestrates how the dollars are spent when it comes to development ? Who do you think sets the agenda ?

Edited by Ben-Hur

But where have I heard that before (but no need to mention names, the list would be so long - & I'm not sure you would know half of them anyway) - the truth hurts, suck it up big boy. good luck solving all YOUR self-inflicted problems. Change or die.

Does that mean you are not interested in standing for the board?

That will disappoint a lot of us here on Demonland

I hope you will reconsider

• Like 1

Let me say one thing concerning the words of Dr. W. Watching the cats yesterday...Structure is number one. No doubt. Over the past 2 years they have lost 5-6 A Grade players. Did i notice it yesterday?? Nope not once. Young kiddies were in the heat as much as the oldies. They know what to do & know they will be looked after.

But to TEACH structure you need the best teachers. I hope these have been put in place over summer.

What does worry me is the playing list to enact these structures. The MFC have recruited a very unbalanced list to carry out what needs to be done, considering who we have kept since 2007.

If i am proved wrong, good. It is not a case of right or wrong. I am genuinely worried.

The personel who built most of this list have gone. We are left holding the baby, yet again.

• Like 1

Let me say one thing concerning the words of Dr. W. Watching the cats yesterday...Structure is number one. No doubt. Over the past 2 years they have lost 5-6 A Grade players. Did i notice it yesterday?? Nope not once. Young kiddies were in the heat as much as the oldies. They know what to do & know they will be looked after.

But to TEACH structure you need the best teachers. I hope these have been put in place over summer.

What does worry me is the playing list to enact these structures. The MFC have recruited a very unbalanced list to carry out what needs to be done, considering who we have kept since 2007.

If i am proved wrong, good. It is not a case of right or wrong. I am genuinely worried.

The personel who built most of this list have gone. We are left holding the baby, yet again.

As you say yet again WYL.

But that may be one advantage the carnage might stop now.

Bottom out Mark I - successful

Rebuid Mark I - epic fail

Bottom out Mark II - successful

Rebuild Mark II - in progress - stay tuned for more pain

Premiership Window - waiting

Well I stupidly thought after 2010 that our window was about 2014....obviously that window seems shattered at the moment!!! Where do you think our window will be mate??

Well I stupidly thought after 2010 that our window was about 2014....obviously that window seems shattered at the moment!!! Where do you think our window will be mate??

Well, from where we are now at least 4-5 years...................but what would I know

I do know we have start again though

I hope we see what Neeld can do by mid next year

Well, from where we are now at least 4-5 years...................but what would I know

I do know we have start again though

I hope we see what Neeld can do by mid next year

4-5 aint too bad!! I was thinking 7!!

A major cleanout of the moles needed, starting from the top, board down if theyre serious about success.

4-5 aint too bad!! I was thinking 7!!

A major cleanout of the moles needed, starting from the top, board down if theyre serious about success.

I did say at least :), that would be a minimum

things can change fast IF neeld is the right bloke

we will see. all I need is to see continuous improvement but probably not this year

its always hard to judge the board as they are not operational, but they are certainly expendable if necessary

I did say at least :), that would be a minimum

things can change fast IF neeld is the right bloke

we will see. all I need is to see continuous improvement but probably not this year

its always hard to judge the board as they are not operational, but they are certainly expendable if necessary

I should know I have to read the fine print!!! At least you say - I like it! I like Neeld, I like his purpose, but god he loves the sound of his own voice!!! Have hardly heard boo out of the other new coaches all pre-season, he needs to shoosh up and walk the walk.

Guest Dr Who

Does that mean you are not interested in standing for the board?

That will disappoint a lot of us here on Demonland

I hope you will reconsider

hehehehe - I would "represent" you blokes if you paid me. Does that have a familiar tone to it? hehehehe You are a "rabble".

I think you should stand - stand for nothing like you have done in the last 40 years. Might please the "rabble" around here but wont change a thing on-field - oh but wait what do you want again? Change or die - your choice mate - no big deal to me.

I think its you who should be reconsidering their "stance".

hehehehe - I would "represent" you blokes if you paid me. Does that have a familiar tone to it? hehehehe You are a "rabble".

I think you should stand - stand for nothing like you have done in the last 40 years. Might please the "rabble" around here but wont change a thing on-field - oh but wait what do you want again? Change or die - your choice mate - no big deal to me.

I think its you who should be reconsidering their "stance".

excuses, excuses, excuses. and I thought you might just be the type of guy to make a difference

but alas you seem to be just another shirking cowardly keyboard hero like the rest of us (sigh)

ah well our search continues................you can go back to big footy now, your suspension should be over

Guest Dr Who

excuses, excuses, excuses. and I thought you might just be the type of guy to make a difference

but alas you seem to be just another shirking cowardly keyboard hero like the rest of us (sigh)

ah well our search continues................you can go back to big footy now, your suspension should be over

hahahaha - you are a funny guy. No "excuses" but again you dont know the reasons if you fell over them. Long live the "rabble". You go back to the "snow" the middle of winter is fast approaching.

hahahaha - you are a funny guy. No "excuses" but again you dont know the reasons if you fell over them. Long live the "rabble". You go back to the "snow" the middle of winter is fast approaching.

Confucius say man with a chip on both shoulders may think he is a balanced person but in reality is just man with two chips on shoulder

• Like 1

Confucius say man with a chip on both shoulders may think he is a balanced person but in reality is just man with two chips on shoulder

I thought Confucious say man with chips on both shoulders is messy eater...