Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

JCB - some people are trying to build something for next season rather than this one as they are not going to make the finals, and they should be allowed to.

We could still have a lottery for those not making the finals so that there isn't much desire to 'tank' but that is another discussion.

My thoughts on the keeper league are well documented JCB. I wasn't for it but the majority were so that's that. It's up to us now to try to work the system in our favour.

AS I mentioned in the UF comments thread, top eight sides now face a serious choice of whether to let go a star in order to bolster their teams for a premiership assault, as bottom sides offer up the best players they have in return for said player.

Surely this year's flag means more than holding on to one particular player for season 2013 who may or may not get injured?

MadMelb you'd be mad not take my latest offer!

Your offer was weighted very heavily for one player, yet as I explained although there is some gain for me, it also means I lose out in one area of my field and I am at work and bored so I will private message in more detail than I did in my rejection of the trade why I can't accept

JCB - some people are trying to build something for next season rather than this one as they are not going to make the finals, and they should be allowed to.

We could still have a lottery for those not making the finals so that there isn't much desire to 'tank' but that is another discussion.

I am not saying anyone is tanking, I am saying that the trade of gaining Scully, when a coach has 6 current rookie qualified players to pick from and to give upa player of the likes of Thomas for Scully,SMELLS.

We need to gain a committee as I have stated earlier to bring in rules for us to operate in. This matter so close to final time is a joke.Fair is fair and this is not fair by a very long way.And as stated I am disappointed in these two coaches due the spirit of the game.Are they brothers, friends ??

I am not saying anyone is tanking, I am saying that the trade of gaining Scully, when a coach has 6 current rookie qualified players to pick from and to give upa player of the likes of Thomas for Scully,SMELLS.

We need to gain a committee as I have stated earlier to bring in rules for us to operate in. This matter so close to final time is a joke.Fair is fair and this is not fair by a very long way.And as stated I am disappointed in these two coaches due the spirit of the game.Are they brothers, friends ??

JCB, I have no idea what DL7 is, what he/she looks like or any of their interests besides MFC. Yes, as pointed out previously my brother is Snomed Returns. He is the only affiliation I have with anybody in this league. As said earlier, i'm sick of people questioning my trades. I would have offered hundreds of trades this year, some weighted in my favour and rejected accordingly, some stupidly in other peoples favour (trading out Ablett, what was I thinking?)

It doesn't smell to me - DL7 has Cotchin and Priddis as keepers and Watts as one of his young keepers but who else to go with him?

If he can turn Thomas - who he won't keep for next year and is useless to him - into a young keeper than well done to DL7.

I have traded Selwood to compete for this years flag but I know I have severely hampered my list for next year.

It's a game, and people play it differently based on their circumstances.

Edited by rpfc

JCB, didn't you win by 15-0 last weekend against JA ??

Yes I did, but what relevance is that to my objection re this trade regarding Thomas for Scully.I cannot win the premiership, but I will go down the path of being, honest and trying to do everything in the spirit of the league.This is not.My main aspect in this keague is trying to beat you in the tipping comp.I thought you would gain on me last round. This round will be exciting.No, seriously, Thomas for Scully is not on.

JCB, I have no idea what DL7 is, what he/she looks like or any of their interests besides MFC. Yes, as pointed out previously my brother is Snomed Returns. He is the only affiliation I have with anybody in this league. As said earlier, i'm sick of people questioning my trades. I would have offered hundreds of trades this year, some weighted in my favour and rejected accordingly, some stupidly in other peoples favour (trading out Ablett, what was I thinking?)

Thanks for your openness and honesty.I knew you were related to someone.Good luck to you for trying to gain a player like Thomas for Scully.However,it should be rejected for the points I have raised.As D/L 7 knows, as champ last year.He/ She knows the spirit of the comp and this is not right.And as a protest, if you get this through, I will give you a walk over.By the way your brother belted the hell out of me and I wish he wins the p/ ship.( if I don't )

Edited by jayceebee31

It doesn't smell to me - DL7 has Cotchin and Priddis as keepers and Watts as one of his young keepers but who else to go with him?

If he can turn Thomas - who he won't keep for next year and is useless to him - into a young keeper than well done to DL7.

I have traded Selwood to compete for this years flag but I know I have severely hampered my list for next year.

It's a game, and people play it differently based on their circumstances.

Your post is quite misleading in that DL7 has currently 6 qualified rookies now. Why would he want to add Scully to his or her list of Adams,Butcher, Haynes, Melsham, Treloar, and Watts.I can assure you f I had this list, I would not want to retain Scully in my 2013 list above some of these.However, that s not my major point.It is the true value of the trade..Thomas for Scully.

When you traded Sellwood, my memory states you obtained a player of some note- Goddard by memory.I actually thought your trade was a win - win.Trade of Thomas for Scully is just not on IMO.

Your post is quite misleading in that DL7 has currently 6 qualified rookies now. Why would he want to add Scully to his or her list of Adams,Butcher, Haynes, Melsham, Treloar, and Watts.I can assure you f I had this list, I would not want to retain Scully in my 2013 list above some of these.However, that s not my major point.It is the true value of the trade..Thomas for Scully.

When you traded Sellwood, my memory states you obtained a player of some note- Goddard by memory.I actually thought your trade was a win - win.Trade of Thomas for Scully is just not on IMO.

Maybe because DL7 rates Scully higher than these other 6 - or at least 5 of them. Excl. probably Watts IMO.

I can see your point, but I also see DL7 preparation for 2013.

I came into this game for an enjoyable sport related fantasy game but when people start questioning my character that is where I draw the line. Thank you all for what has been a completely exhilarating two years and I am terribly sorry I couldn't bring my a game like last year. I will be giving my team to the winner of the Stynes League which I think is the fairest choice. Will keep eager eyes on the winner of the league, this year certainly very competitive and smarter than last year. Good luck and thanks to all DL7

I think some people forget that quality of player doesn't mean anything really in this game, sure dale Thomas is a better player and if I was picking a player to play in melbourne I would rather Thomas, but stats wise they are only a few disposals apart and if anything scullys tackles increase his worth!

Character accusations should stop, and really we all know Scully is a top keeper player for next year(even if we don't like to admit it, because quality of disposal means nothing in this comp) and it is a pretty fair trade, I think at least

I came into this game for an enjoyable sport related fantasy game but when people start questioning my character that is where I draw the line. Thank you all for what has been a completely exhilarating two years and I am terribly sorry I couldn't bring my a game like last year. I will be giving my team to the winner of the Stynes League which I think is the fairest choice. Will keep eager eyes on the winner of the league, this year certainly very competitive and smarter than last year. Good luck and thanks to all DL7

Don't leave DL_7. I encourage you to stay the course in this league. Only one is questioning your character.

We all agreed on the rules and then voted accordingly re: the keepers - which was put to bed.

You can trade until Sunday, and you can trade accordingly with a view to improve list for finals or with a view to 2013 if you're out of contention.

Simple.

PS. JCB it's your opinion that that trade is lop-sided, not everyone's. You have an option to exercise your opinion.

DL_7...continue on.

Don't leave DL_7. I encourage you to stay the course in this league. Only one is questioning your character.

We all agreed on the rules and then voted accordingly re: the keepers - which was put to bed.

You can trade until Sunday, and you can trade accordingly with a view to improve list for finals or with a view to 2013 if you're out of contention.

Simple.

PS. JCB it's your opinion that that trade is lop-sided, not everyone's. You have an option to exercise your opinion.

DL_7...continue on.

Yep

Stay on D/L 7,I am at fault for questioning your character. However, I believe the trade is not I. The spirit of the league. However, I now see the true character of the league.nIbsillstay on just to try to win the tipsters poll and I will go. I am not enjoying the spirit of this league.To many close ties wth brothers, friends etc.It truly has been a privilege to play and I have enjoyed the rivalry but this year has not been anywhere the same as last year but these are the breaks.

• Like 1

Simple.

DL_7...continue on.

Very good Points that you raise and I believe equally each coach has a right to object to the trade or trades accordingly,in which zi have done. There have been other times when trades have been questioned to the merit of them. I am doing just that.If the other caches agree that this is a far trade then the trade will go ahead.I have protested to the trade I the basis of three aspects.Firstly the quality of the players and whilst you have pointed out that ratings can be wrong I belie e they are very accurate I this case.I also have questioned why the trade.And also the spirit.If indeed I am wrong in questioning all of the above, then the next 3 weeks, my opposition can have a walkover. I feel this league has got out of hand with regards to and in particular the spirit.These are my thoughts and I am sorry if you all feel I have gone over the top.By the wayI feel the last trade offer is equally ridiculous.All the best to all coaches for the remaining year and thanks HT for taking over the management of this league.I intend to try to whip you in the tipping comp still.

Edited by jayceebee31

You need a Bex and lie down. I have not taken over in any way shape or form, i am just trying to provide a bit of "chill" - it is a game JCB and you appear to be carrying on like a two bob watch.

Not everyone can be on logged on when you want answers JCB. Unfair on JA and he has clearly provided explanations to all decisions made and been as thorough as can be on this thread.

I think some people forget that quality of player doesn't mean anything really in this game, sure dale Thomas is a better player and if I was picking a player to play in melbourne I would rather Thomas, but stats wise they are only a few disposals apart and if anything scullys tackles increase his worth!

Character accusations should stop, and really we all know Scully is a top keeper player for next year(even if we don't like to admit it, because quality of disposal means nothing in this comp) and it is a pretty fair trade, I think at least

again fair points you raise and if you believe that the trade is fair, well that is your point of view. I don't and that is why I have vetoed it, tried to raise the merit of the trade and if you truthfully think that I have done so in a way that it is not fitting again that s your opinion.

You need a Bex and lie down. I have not taken over in any way shape or form, i am just trying to provide a bit of "chill" - it is a game JCB and you appear to be carrying on like a two bob watch.

Not everyone can be on logged on when you want answers JCB. Unfair on JA and he has clearly provided explanations to all decisions made and been as thorough as can be on this thread.

Well,I am not the only one that has queried the rules.Hasn't MM queried the rules in the message section of Ultimate footy?

I will take a huge rest and study the pick the winners in the round.This is not on.

Well,I am not the only one that has queried the rules.Hasn't MM queried the rules in the message section of Ultimate footy?

I will take a huge rest and study the pick the winners in the round.This is not on.

I definitely did query the rules early on, I think it has been confusing for everyone this season, but it has added to the fun, and with keepers it offers a different perspective on players and there is different values on different players now, with players being able to be retained, I was just annoyed I couldn't keep my 4 guns and have now got a bit of a trade rush to hunt down some younger players

I definitely did query the rules early on, I think it has been confusing for everyone this season, but it has added to the fun, and with keepers it offers a different perspective on players and there is different values on different players now, with players being able to be retained, I was just annoyed I couldn't keep my 4 guns and have now got a bit of a trade rush to hunt down some younger players

I don't have an issue with you,I just want to point out to other coaches that this league has got off track a little this year. I made a post back on the 11th of June 2012 requesting that rules, what ever they are be posted by the end of the byes, so we could all know and lay accordingly. I am just a litte miffed by the current trades and I nderstood I had a right to vetoe and also drum up why? Others have done so before hand and tat is fair enough.I have tried to put my point of view but absolutely knew what HT & RSPCA would react.I have had to put up with this overreactions from both for years now.Anyhow, just got out of hospital this morning and I ntebd totakecHT's advise.However, my chemist says Bex cannot be found soI will take a soluble aspirin.Take care and all the best for the finals.I might offer, SJ,Brownie and a couple of other of my team to OMR to give hm a chance for the finals.

Well if you want to have Ziebell to sit on the bench for three weeks (suspended) he is 1991 boy...

It's starting to get a little annoying that every trade I make someone cries foul. Like it or not, Scully will be an elite player in the AFL for the next 10 seasons. As I wrote earlier I want to win this year and an upgrade on a player for a guaranteed rookie gun was on offer. I sent out no less than 10 trade offers to different people, some were rejected, some unanswered and DL7 accepted as it will help his side going forward. JCB would you be complaining if I wasn't playing you this week?

Anyway, that's what the keeper league is all about. (I'm not for it but will play to the boundaries that have been set)

Good luck this week. Jono Brown against Gold Coast could win you this round by on his own.

Again fair points you raise. Believe it or not, I am not spiriting the dummy because I am playing you. You will win ands down, especially with the current team I have. I nominated you the winner a long time ago. You have a great team.To be totally honest and I knew you were going to try together rid of Scully and you would want something for him,I strongly felt the trade is unjust,I have vetoed it and hope others will do the same.I just believe fair is fair and I am deeply querying the merits of it. Good luck to you if you get it through.Not only I am playing you this week others will play you inthe last 2 rounds and then the finals. Note,I am not bitter towards you, I am deep,y questioning the merit of loading Thomas for Scully. You ay ave noted I do not rate Scully and I believe all other coaches would prefer Thomas inthere team over Scully. Anyhow, I have said my piece, it is up to others to either let this go through or not.Iwas not questioning the character of anyone ,more the merit of it. Take care and all the best with this round. You will win 15 to 0,I will Mae sure of this.i

Again fair points you raise. Believe it or not, I am not spiriting the dummy because I am playing you. You will win ands down, especially with the current team I have. I nominated you the winner a long time ago. You have a great team.To be totally honest and I knew you were going to try together rid of Scully and you would want something for him,I strongly felt the trade is unjust,I have vetoed it and hope others will do the same.I just believe fair is fair and I am deeply querying the merits of it. Good luck to you if you get it through.Not only I am playing you this week others will play you inthe last 2 rounds and then the finals. Note,I am not bitter towards you, I am deep,y questioning the merit of loading Thomas for Scully. You ay ave noted I do not rate Scully and I believe all other coaches would prefer Thomas inthere team over Scully. Anyhow, I have said my piece, it is up to others to either let this go through or not.Iwas not questioning the character of anyone ,more the merit of it. Take care and all the best with this round. You will win 15 to 0,I will Mae sure of this.i

So you are going to throw a game?

Really?

If you do this jcb, then you are more culpable than any 'bad' trade.

Well if you want to have Ziebell to sit on the bench for three weeks (suspended) he is 1991 boy...

Well trade him out ,I will offervp Stanton or SJ for him.What do you think - a worthwhile trace hey.

Really?

Really?

Yep - somewhat similar to me last week.And are you questioning my character, you should be suspended or even thrown out. How dare you.!

Edited by jayceebee31