Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Bartel, no. Selwood could tempt me.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to you RR but this is why the trading doesn't work. People always say they are seeking a certain position and if it isn't a top 10 prospect it's an automatic no. When you're asking for positions or offering trades you have to be willing to give away a little more than you're recieving purely because the opposing party is changing away from their strategy to suit you.

A few times people have said I want a forward and I've offered what I thought to be a fairly realistic trade and always get told it doesn't favour them.... Well duuuuh I don't necessarily need your person I'm just getting the league flowing. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is not meant to be disrespectful to you RR but this is why the trading doesn't work. People always say they are seeking a certain position and if it isn't a top 10 prospect it's an automatic no. When you're asking for positions or offering trades you have to be willing to give away a little more than you're recieving purely because the opposing party is changing away from their strategy to suit you.

A few times people have said I want a forward and I've offered what I thought to be a fairly realistic trade and always get told it doesn't favour them.... Well duuuuh I don't necessarily need your person I'm just getting the league flowing. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You don't think Goddard and Ryan Griffen for J.Selwood and steaknives is a trade worthy of consideration?

I honestly don't understand the point you're trying to make.

I strongly considered Redden (my highest ranked, 13), actually have a proposal open, just can't bring myself to offer it yet

Redden doesn't quite cut it. His stats only just marginally shade Griffen's.

I'm looking for a top shelf keeper. Swan, Watson, Ablett, Selwood. A mega deal along those lines.

Redden doesn't quite cut it. His stats only just marginally shade Griffen's.

I'm looking for a top shelf keeper. Swan, Watson, Ablett, Selwood. A mega deal along those lines.

While this disappoints me, I'm happy for Redden to continue to fly under the radar

To get Selwood, RR the steakknives would have to be pretty crap...

We can get this done, but your team is going to take a hit.

Just realized that I play you this week. At 4-7 I'm still holding on by a bee's wiener to a shot at finals.

I'll hold off on this proposal and see how things unfold this weekend.

Looks like one of te trades has been vetoed.

Reasoning: I haven't a ruckman. I've offered up a far superior ranked ruck due back in a few weeks for a lower ranked West. JA has a few ruck options.

Hope this clears it up.

Edit: disregard ^this, for some reason the trade on my page wasn't showing, refreshed it and it has re-appeared.

Edited by H_T

Didn't think that trade woud be vetoed.

Seems fair & reasonable because Hamish Mac might be due back @ some point however with the form of the Goldstein inspired Roo's I doubt he will be as useful.

Goldy is once more the main man - I reckon Hamish Mac will be traded at seasons end from The Roo's.

While this disappoints me, I'm happy for Redden to continue to fly under the radar

He is not an elite grade yet. Maybe in a couple of years time if he continues to progress.

My boy's have made a huge statement this round & Taken out the top of the ladder Mad Melbourne

Dayne Zorko proving to be a bargain superstar & is now right in Keeper contention.

Lindsy Gilbee also a very impressive 2012 debut.

Still not quite into the 8 yet but just like 2011 I am charging home.

I missed the 8 on % last year, I wont be coming up short in 2012!

Well done to all winning coaches this round, its going to be a HUGE month coming up

PS: JLH please answer trade proposal - Yes or No would be great - Cheers OMR

A valiant 7-8 loss to Rpfc now has me at 4-8 and having to basically pull out 5 straight wins to make the eight.

Mathematically possible but season all but over for the Rovers.

Congrats to this week's victors, esp OMR, HT and Snomed - big wins against more fancied opponents.

Happy to get the points v Dappa. It was a mixed bag first game of the round, wasnt exactly in good spirits when new trade Hampson went down with a season ending knee injury.

In fact, it didn't get any better when Waters was a late withdrawal v North. But HT Hurricanes pulled a rabbit out of the hat and hung on thanks to some wayward scoring by Dappas team. Particularly G.Abletts 2.4.

News didn't get any better when HT Hurricanes 3 gamer Wellingham decided to put Kade Simpson into a coma. Most likely finishes his 3 game tally for the team too.

Also sweating on MRP for Sidebottom.

Just when I thought through some trades I'd be able to resurrect the season, the side again looks vulnerable on the back of Injuries to Grimes and Tom

mcDonald.

Could be another week of trades to shore up depth and continue the upsets.

Bit of a logjam in the race for the 8.

5 to go. Interesting.

Electing to trade the Pav was a biggy. But it was good to see Dal Santo pay dividends.

Had a great game this round. Eth,was very unlucky loosing Warnock and Black, whilst I lost SJ.Went down to the line ,I was very lucky to just hold on.Congrats on a great game. Bad luck RR but look forward to next year.OMR well done, along with other winning coaches.Great win by HT.

Happy to get the points v Dappa. It was a mixed bag first game of the round, wasnt exactly in good spirits when new trade Hampson went down with a season ending knee injury.

In fact, it didn't get any better when Waters was a late withdrawal v North. But HT Hurricanes pulled a rabbit out of the hat and hung on thanks to some wayward scoring by Dappas team. Particularly G.Abletts 2.4.

News didn't get any better when HT Hurricanes 3 gamer Wellingham decided to put Kade Simpson into a coma. Most likely finishes his 3 game tally for the team too.

Also sweating on MRP for Sidebottom.

Just when I thought through some trades I'd be able to resurrect the season, the side again looks vulnerable on the back of Injuries to Grimes and Tom

mcDonald.

Could be another week of trades to shore up depth and continue the upsets.

Bit of a logjam in the race for the 8.

5 to go. Interesting.

Electing to trade the Pav was a biggy. But it was good to see Dal Santo pay dividends.

I thought 4 to go.One of us can 't count. However, you are catching me quickly with the tipping.Only tipped 7 this week, I think.

Edited by jayceebee31

Got hammered! No crameri, sewell, Franklin being subbed all contributed to my loss! Happy to set my new line up with a stronger midfield!

Good work by omr has a very good list

• Like 1

I thought 4 to go.One of us can 't count. However, you are catching me quickly with the tipping.Only tipped 7 this week, I think.

You'd be right. 5 to go before the weekend. Probably uphill battle to get in. Would need all 4.

[quote name

=H_T' timestamp='1341785881' post='591546]

You'd be right. 5 to go before the weekend. Probably uphill battle to get in. Would need all 4.

You can do it, good team, great coach -equals success. OMR will come home well also.No one in the 8, are a sure thing,very tight league.Anyone can win - injuries really count.MM is the favourite especially now,master the trade that has just gone through.

Haha I don't think I'm the favorite, my depth is really being tested crameri, Stanley both out, miller not playing looking for a forward if anyone is keen?

Anyone can win it IMO and it will need a bit of luck. Apart from those who cannot make it mathematically.

45HG16 - Shuey costly 2 weeks suspension for you.

Every position can change dramatically from those with 6 wins and up and % will play a huge part. Just look at Dappa Dan dropping from 4th to 8th in one week. There will a lot more of that happening in the coming weeks.