Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carp.

Any position is defensible if it is backed up by sound logic and not proven incorrect by incontrovertible truth.

As long as opinion doesnt get confused with fact ( there is a lot of opinion being sprouted on this site - which is fine - that posters are trying to pass off as fact - which is not fine)

Your logic hasn't been sound, in my opinion

You've created a vision of a soap opera

If Melbourne knew, we'd know. Why would they play along with the so called charade?

I've said this many times but ... to protect the player's reputation and further its interests of maximizing the quality of its compensation.

Go back in time to the Schwarz/Schwab SEN interview and the motivations of the club will become quite clear.

I've said this many times but ... to protect the player's reputation and further its interests of maximizing the quality of its compensation.

Go back in time to the Schwarz/Schwab SEN interview and the motivations of the club will become quite clear.

I must have missed "Players Good Reputation" part in the list of things taken into account for deciding compensation

I thought all I saw was Age / Size and Length of Contract

I'm going to fess up, the fact that it wasn't announced Monday that he was gone and now, three days later, Sheedy is trying his smartarse tactics to generate attention makes me think he hasn't done the deal yet at all.

Edited by Striker475

I must have missed "Players Good Reputation" part in the list of things taken into account for deciding compensation

I thought all I saw was Age / Size and Length of Contract

Your linking of the two issues is incorrect.

Protecting a player's reputation is about upholding the club's image as well.

It would not have been a good look for Schwab not to have come out and defended Tom they way he did.

Your linking of the two issues is incorrect.

Protecting a player's reputation is about upholding the club's image as well.

It would not have been a good look for Schwab not to have come out and defended Tom they way he did.

So now the season is over, and Tom's had "some time" to decide, if the club knew, we'd know

I'm going to fess up, the fact that it wasn't announced Monday that he was gone and now, three days later, Sheedy is trying his smartarse tactics to generate attention makes me think he hasn't done the deal yet at all.

Yes, it's given me hope.

And there is no reason for the MFC to not tell us Tom is off.

None at all.

If the club knew he was gone, they will have a short statement written up on the website within ten minutes.

The quicker we can milk the outcry for better compo the better.

Since March itnhas been nothing but hype,speculation ,innuendo,arrogance and accusations all of which has notncome from TS himself. All the best to him. Failing injury he's going to be a gunn and to all those rude obnoxious prks having a go at TS, jealousy doesn't have to be sinister it can be admired. We could've very much been part of the reason for MFC downfall this yr buying into this [censored]. Really.

All i want to say is that With GC & GWS being introduced in the broader sense has led to a downfall of AFL popularity and we should all learn from this on a broader scale in future

There's always a bad person in this only I don't see it as being TS. All the best TS and may your copious funds innyrs to come pay off and that you regret notnwinning a flag with the RED & BLUE

So now the season is over, and Tom's had "some time" to decide, if the club knew, we'd know

Again ... according to my view ... Tom did the right thing by the club informing them early and they have repaid him by allowing the charade to play out as we are now witnessing it in order to protect his reputation.

Don't worry, it will all be over very soon and the compensation dance then will then begin in full voice.

Edited by Range Rover

Again ... according to my view ... Tom did the right thing by the club informing them early and they have repaid him by allowing the charade to play out as we are now witnessing it in order to protect his reputation.

Don't worry, it will all be over very soon and the compensation dance then will then begin in full voice.

+1

Guest Gareth Keenan

So you've changed your tune since last Friday?

It was based on there being no info on the reason for Scully being dropped, and I changed my tune a few hours later.

I'm not shying away from that.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Im sure you have a multi personatily disorder

Really? Why is that?

I don't expect you to have read the entire thread, so I'll point out to you that a few hours later I recanted my claim of being "a rat deserting a sinking ship."

In fact, I said "this rat is swimming back to the ship."

It was all based on Scully being dropped from the side at the last minute with no explanation, but then once an explanation was provided, and the club clarified that it was not due to a decision by Scully to leave, that was enough for me to revert to my original position.

Happy?

I'm just making out official that I don't know.

It's the only defensible position. Any poster who thinks they do is full of [censored].

I said "believe" - it's a bit like a belief in a god.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Multi usernames. This is another one along with e45, Artie Bucco, Keyser Soze that he sets up to wind people up and seek attention

You're such a sad pest Thomo...

But you do seem to have an odd fascination with connection me and these other people.

So it's now mid week - his commitments to the club are over - why don't we know by now?

Is there a set deadline is there where his reputation becomes "safe"

Say what? How on earth is this "protecting his reputation"?

If they were really interested in protecting his reputation, they would never have allowed that press conference in which he asserted he has not been approached etc etc. If they were really interested in protecting his reputation, they would never have tried to convince him to do a follow-up press conference (that he refused). If they were really interested in protecting his reputation, they would not be allowing this to drag on any longer, as it serves no ones' interests.

If he does go, then his reputation is shot regardless of when the announcement is made... the first press conference saw to that.

Sorry, but I rate your view as being right up there with the "single gun theory".

Guest Gareth Keenan

I think that there is where posters are getting confused. There is one quite large camp that thinks he is gone. There is a very small camp that think he will stay. But there is a significant amount of people ( me included and I hope you dont mind me speaking for you, RPFC, Hardtack and Nasher) who to this point are taking TS at face value and saying that he will make a decision one way or the other and until the decision comes out of his or the clubs mouth everything else is pure conjecture. Therefore this camp is refusing to dump on the kid as at this moment as he is a MFC player.

There's more than even that.

1. There's the camp that think he will decide to go.

2. There's the camp that think he is GONE.

3. There's the camp that is adamant he is GONE.

4. There's the camp that doesn't know what he will decide.

5. There's the camp that believes he is yet to decide and don't know what decision he will make.

6. There's the camp that think he will decide to stay.

7. There's the camp who think he is STAYING.

I reside in camp number 6.

There's even more sub-groups, that describe when he made his decision if he has already, but that's probably enough for now...

Say what? How on earth is this "protecting his reputation"?

If they were really interested in protecting his reputation, they would never have allowed that press conference in which he asserted he has not been approached etc etc. If they were really interested in protecting his reputation, they would never have tried to convince him to do a follow-up press conference (that he refused). If they were really interested in protecting his reputation, they would not be allowing this to drag on any longer, as it serves no ones' interests.

If he does go, then his reputation is shot regardless of when the announcement is made... the first press conference saw to that.

Sorry, but I rate your view as being right up there with the "single gun theory".

It's the Magic Bullet Theory.

So it's now mid week - his commitments to the club are over - why don't we know by now?

Is there a set deadline is there where his reputation becomes "safe"

His manager is on record as stating that Tom wouldn't look at the GW$ offer until the season is over (a ridiculous stance but nevertheless the one he took). Thus, we have to sit through this charade of Tom opening up the envelope, mulling over the offer, visiting the facilities and then 'making a decision'.

3 days isn't quite long enough. A week is about right to make a 'careful, studied decision'.

C'mon ... time to wake up.

His manager is on record as stating that Tom wouldn't look at the GW$ offer until the season is over (a ridiculous stance but nevertheless the one he took). Thus, we have to sit through this charade of Tom opening up the envelope, mulling over the offer, visiting the facilities and then 'making a decision'.

3 days isn't quite long enough. A week is about right to make a 'careful, studied decision'.

Will you be happy or sad if Tom decides to stay?

I'm sorry I just don't buy into convulted soap opera conspiracy theories

If it makes you happy to believe that's it's been a lie and a web of intrigue and deception etc, the good for you

Don't make out like I (and others) are idiots because we choose to subscribe to simpiler theories

Will you be happy or sad if Tom decides to stay?

Honestly, I think he'd be sad, but I'm sure there'd be another messy story to go along

"Tom had signed, GWS checked out his knee, didn't give it the tick, revoked their offer, he begrudginly accepts our offer, he'll be off after Free Agency"