GAME DAY

jnrmac

Hope we definitely go all out to retain Colin...playing like a gun !!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me where Watts is playing at the mo.. ? cheers

Trengove takes a big mark and kicks a goal after the siren.

Three quarter time:

WCE 13.9.87

Melb 8.7. 55

Malthouse: we moved the ball quicker that quarter and went one on one in front of the ball, making West Coasts's defenders accountable and putting far more pressure on. But their forward line is superior and when they go forward they look like they'll score.

At least we had some sort of win today. Kennedy's still goaless?

No. He has got one. Frawley kicked out of bounds on the full early in the third quarter. Easy pass to Kennedy in the goal square the result.

Trengove takes a ripper.

Apparently Goodes has taken a great grab in the richmond vs swans game.

Kelly underwood described it as similar to Walkers.

It seems to me that we have far too many of the following two types of players: the player with obvious talent but no work-rate (e.g. Sylvia, Bennell, Jurrah, Davey) and the player with the enormous work-rate but lacking in ability (e.g. Bartram, Jones, McKenzie, MacDonald).

Consequently we lack in the players who combine ability with effort. Trengove stands out in this department. Watts alongside.

Edited by titan_uranus

Jones turns it over. Again. Leads to a Cox goal.

I know people love Jones, but this idea that many hold that he has improved his disposal is a clear case of rose coloured glasses. People see his endeavour and effort, which is lacking in too many of our other players, sure (and for that he gets credit), but, like Bartram, Jones is still a liability with the ball. He doesn't know his limitations and continually tries to do things he's not capable of. Turnovers kill us every week and unfortunately Jones is a culprit of many of them.

2 weeks ago 186 points

last week 76 points

today 48 points

make no mistake we're on the rise ... expect a win anytime in 2012..:rolleyes:

So....who fancies us against them laughable Toiges ??? :unsure:

Darling done sweet f all. Yet people think he would be amazing in our team.

Darling has had 14 possessions 5 marks and 4 tackles and he's playing for a top 5 team in the firsts, not a bottom side in their reserve's reserves.

Hard to believe our losses have been worse than 2008. I thought those days were behind us.

We've gotten younger and the game has changed since then.

But it's still bloody ugly and unacceptable.

Darling has had 14 possessions 5 marks and 4 tackles and he's playing for a top 5 team in the firsts, not a bottom side in their reserve's reserves.

Sorry, but comparing a man-child Darling to a stick man Cook, hampered by the presence of Fevola, is a bit stupid at this stage.

Sorry, but comparing a man-child Darling to a stick man Cook, hampered by the presence of Fevola, is a bit stupid at this stage.

Agree.

It seems as though I will never understand how people can get so upset about us not taking Darling when every other club except Collingwood, who didn't get the chance, also chose to pass up on him.

These things happen. We have no idea what Cook will be like because he was not intended, like Darling, to have any impact in his first year. He may end up being five times better than Darling. He also may end up never playing a game. But to pass judgment at this stage is silly.

Remember Rhys Palmer? Dominated his first year, now is a fringe player at best, in a side decimated with injuries.

Agree.

It seems as though I will never understand how people can get so upset about us not taking Darling when every other club except Collingwood, who didn't get the chance, also chose to pass up on him.

These things happen. We have no idea what Cook will be like because he was not intended, like Darling, to have any impact in his first year. He may end up being five times better than Darling. He also may end up never playing a game. But to pass judgment at this stage is silly.

Remember Rhys Palmer? Dominated his first year, now is a fringe player at best, in a side decimated with injuries.

Palmer like Scully, is apparently on the move, so I guess there's not much incentive; how's Tom going?