First-gamers having a win

Evans

Moloney

Strauss's return to the firsts

The Bad

Jurrah (unfortunately)

Big Max missing from 15 out

Howe going for too many hangers

Me missing the first quarter because they closed the MCG carpark and didn't tell us on the radio

The Ugly

My nitpicking

Some of our decision-making

Leaving an empty Def50 at times

Edited by Striker475

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good

The debut of our newies. They were great and deserve to be there mext week

Jack Watts mark in the final quarter over lovett murray and that beautiful mark and goal he did

Jurrah kicking the beautiful goal to seal the game

Moloneys running goal in the dying seconds

Our captain being played foward and kicking 4

Rivers down back was great

MacDonald down back was fantastic

Martins ruck work just gets better

Finally kicking the ball instead of handballing it

The essendon fans turning on Hirdy

Essendon fans leaving when Gawn took the mark

Mckenzie and Gysberts. Got pb's tonight with there possessions and worked hard

Scully just being there

Dean Baileys reaction. He just let all the emotion outand it was great to see him happy

I reckon Jetta and Bennell took another step tonight. I was impressed especially with jetta

The bad

Sylvia getting injured

Trengoves banana that went out on the full

The ugly

Our handballing in the 1st quarter

Edited by dees189227

Was Jurrah that bad? I thought the aspects of the game that we know he has to work on, such as his tackling and general work ethic when he does not have the ball, was much improved. In reality, he should have had 5 goals (but for uncharacteristic inaccuracy), and he laid pivotal tackles that had to stick. G Lyon noted his work ethic in the first quarter when he ran 80 meters to get a Watts pass. Too quick to jump on Jurrah's back (no pun intended) imo. Gawn's tapwork was a highlight (kicking, not so much).

The good

Everything, besides...

The bad

Sylvia's corky

The ugly

The drunk Essendon supporter who stood up on his chair behind the cheer squad and screamed 'ESSENDON'

Was Jurrah that bad? I thought the aspects of the game that we know he has to work on, such as his tackling and general work ethic when he does not have the ball, was much improved. In reality, he should have had 5 goals (but for uncharacteristic inaccuracy), and he laid pivotal tackles that had to stick. G Lyon noted his work ethic in the first quarter when he ran 80 meters to get a Watts pass. Too quick to jump on Jurrah's back (no pun intended) imo. Gawn's tapwork was a highlight (kicking, not so much).

Admittedly I was stuck finding a park in the first quarter, also ruckwork I generally pay less attention to.

Plus it was very hard to find much bad tonight.

Oh, and more ugly

Absolutely NFI what number I'm getting on the clash jumper I'll get soon. Tossing up between 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 24, 27, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 44, 47, 49 and 50.

The Good

Nicholson and Howe's debuts

Stefan Martin's single-handed demolition of the Essendon triple ruck threat

Brad Green's return to form and (not coincidentally) the forward-line

Jared Rivers record-breaking number of back-line marks

Lots more

The Bad

James Strauss. I seem to be one out here, but I can count the number of good things he did on one hand. Almost always lost his one-on-ones (the Jetta debacle springs to mind) and kicked it out on the full at least two or three times

The mini Essendon comeback in the final quarter

The Ugly

Max Gawn's kicking for goal

Liam "cherry-picker" Jurrah's first-half avoidance of the hard ball

Edited by Chook

Dean Baily showing emotion, I love it. seeing him pumped at the end of the game on the sideline was great.

I'd say Jurrah started really badly and probably got a real rev up at quarter time. His efforts early on were pitiful. He actually pulled out of a contest and tried to run around to get the handball when he was the only Melbourne player with a chance of getting to the ball. Fortunately he picked up as the game went on. Despite his three goals, I can't put him anywhere near the best with his early soft efforts.

The Good

Playing hard contested footy

Having a forward target for the majority of the game

Stemming the tide when Essendon were pressing in the last

Watts

Scully

Trengove's marking and 1st quarter after which he got tagged!

Gysberts

Rivers ripping Essendon's forwards a new one

Strauss' defensive game

Martin killing it in the ruck

Green up forward

Evans and Nicholson using their speed

Howe

The Bad

Sylvia's injury

The Ugly

Gawndog's goal kicking

The bloody beautiful

J. McKenzie 13 tackles

Bailey's post game reaction

The 'made me swallow my words' moment

Morton backing back into a crucial contest on the wing!!! Well done son!

Edited by Jaded

The 'made me swallow my words' moment

Morton backing back into a crucial contest on the wing!!! Well done son!

Screamed in the Olympic and I quote:

'Can't believe I'm saying this but WELL DONE MORTON!'

Got a cheer from a couple of Dees supporters for it too

Good

A young side giving their all

Bad

The OP's comment about Howe. Should not be a bad word spoken about the man after tonight

Sylvia injured

Ugly

Gawn's shot for goal. Classic, still love the big fella though

Jurrah early - come on Liam, get physical. The forward line probably needs an enforcer to go with Green, Watts, Howe, Jetta and co. Dunn could be this man if he got back in 2010 form and I'd love it to be Sylvia if he could be played in his best position.

The first quarter

The second half of the second quarter

The third quarter

The third quarter

The midfield

Our midfield

Crisis what crisis?

TV interview with bomber Thompson at 3/4 time

The second half of the last quarter

The siren

Not laughing enough

Not enough footage of James Hird and his team at the siren.

No direct link to bomber website.

Bomber fans in general.

Dammit someone beat me to it, but anyway:

THE GOOD: MORTON GOING BACK WITH THE FLIGHT

Never thought I would see it with my eyes, but thank christ the boy proved me wrong. Proud of you Cale.

And of course all the boys tonight. Go dees.

The good

the victory

the intencity

the return of Trengove and Scully

Bailey's emotional outburst

The bad

Sylvia's injury

Jurrah watching Jones take on two bombers, and not helping.

The ugly

Not feeling safe walking out of the the "G" with the kids, at the end of the game because our team won.

The Good

Great win.

Jared Rivers was downright sensational tonight.

Stefan Martin. Getting better each week.

That two or three efforts by Nathan Jones in the pocket.

Our ability to soak up a lot of pressure early in the game.

The Bad

Our ability to lock the ball in our forward area early in the contest.

The Ugly

That stance of Big Max's when he lines up for goal.

Bad

Trengrove clashing with umpire in first qrt just a fine?

Yeah. If that. There was less contact than Sylvia's and his garnered only a $900 fine.