Jamar Injured and out for a month

hardtack

Watts will do no such thing.

Dunn can keep pinch hitting.

Martin will have the time of life - he has resurrected his career and now he gets a few weeks to develop some form.

Injuries happen, Jamar can do without his PCL (no Jeff White in the jumping stakes) and hopefully this doesn't happen two years from now.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rpfc; I love your blend of optimism and realism. It is very refreshing.

This was going to be a tough month of footy in any case, so now it will really test our resolve without Jamar, Trengove, Scully, and Grimes.

Glass half full - time for some JUICE!!!....

We really are farrrrked for the next month

I'm sorry but that's glass half empty if you go by previous form.

Time for Martin to shine. I'm a believer!

The wrist slashing here is absolutely unbelievable. Get a grip.

True, but lets be honest not the best 24hours we've ever had.......

I just think it makes things interesting :-)

Only if you've thrown this season away and no longer have any expectations of finals/mild success, which is ironically what you laughed at people for doing.

There is nothing interesting in losing our best players to injuries/suspensions when we're not trying to tank. It's shithouse and no amount of spin will change that.

We've had a good win on the weekend and it means absolutely nothing now because we came out of it without 3 of our best 18 players.

A bit more than interesting losing our sole ruck man and arguably most important player. On the same day as Trengove getting served a very dubious 3 week suspension.

A day after losing Jack Grimes for the season together with Jake Spencer.

Disappointing 48 hours after such a great high on Sunday. I think it makes things suck.

its definately a bit of a shake up, i knew we were in trouble when someone posted along the lines of

"after this week looks like it will only be scully on our injury list"

rough but interesting to see how we go about it, we may be able to work out of it i think.....

probs go with martin, newton, and then dunn and sylvia and watts do their bits!

rough week, but hoping we are up to it

at least we'll have some ripping excuses when we get done the next two weeks!

I had pegged us in to win 8 more games for the season, including the next two. This could be much tougher now.

On the up side, defintley a big chance for some others to step up - Martin in the ruck, Newton gets an extended run, Bate won't get dropped, Gawn might get a run in casey 1s as no. 1 ruck, and some others have to step up to cover grimes and trenners.

Even I will conceed this is not Fair on Bailey

I feel Ill

Maybe we should put a advert in the HUN

Wanted Players who can Ruck Defend and Play Forward

Please apply MFC limited tenure provided

Above award wages available

Fringe Benefits provided

No Insurance cover however is possible

Even if we could get insurance they would proberbly reject any claim because they would say any Foot or Knee injury incured wouldnt be covered because it didnt fit the policy due to how it was incured

A bit more than interesting losing our sole ruck man and arguably most important player. On the same day as Trengove getting served a very dubious 3 week suspension.

A day after losing Jack Grimes for the season together with Jake Spencer.

Disappointing 48 hours after such a great high on Sunday. I think it makes things suck.

some dont see it that way.

I agree, this sucks. But fingers crossed they come out against North with some ferocity and eat them alive. Maybe even see Tappscott kick a goal from the centre square :)

Guest Artie Bucco

The wrist slashing here is absolutely unbelievable. Get a grip.

Are you kidding??!?!? This is going to make it really really hard for us to win the 2011 flag now!

its definately a bit of a shake up, i knew we were in trouble when someone posted along the lines of

rough but interesting to see how we go about it, we may be able to work out of it i think.....

probs go with martin, newton, and then dunn and sylvia and watts do their bits!

rough week, but hoping we are up to it

That's the spirit MM. Big Jimma will regard these setbacks as an important challenge for our players and coaching staff, and I reckon we should all take a leaf out of that book. If we continue to play in the vein of last Sunday the next month has some winnable games.

But seriously this is the day we have all been dreading..."imagine if we lose Jamar"

Now someone else has a chance, all this we cant win the next 4 bull__it is over the top, we didnt have grimes last week so only 2 down, lets go

We are not going to win the flag in 2011 so let's keep the razor blades for when we are a chance for top 4, hmm?

Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Anyone else wondering why the sole sauce on this is M.Sheehan? Whispering Jack - can we ban him from the media/universe if this is BS?

Guest Artie Bucco

We are not going to win the flag in 2011 so let's keep the razor blades for when we are a chance for top 4, hmm?

Well, we're not going to NOW, are we??

Honestly, I wonder how long it will take the neanderthals to ignore these major setbacks and start calling for Bailey's head again?

I, like Nasher, actually think this just adds an extra point of interest.

I'm really quite excited to see how we set up and how we respond.

I'd love to see Gawn play.

Wow, terrible. I've said he's our most important, because aside from him our ruck stocks are pretty poor.

Terrible timing for Spencer, who presumably would have had a crack at the big time.

We'd want to see Campbell come into the side ASAP, but we might need to go with Martin and Newton for now.

Oh [censored]!!!!!!!!! Any chance Juice knows anything about ruck work?

Newton rucked a fair bit at Casey last year and has been picked as a second ruck for us before. I think Martin and Newton both h ave potential as a second stringer, but I don't think that we would have ever intended either to play as numero uno.

EDIT: North are pretty tall and so are Essendon.

That was me. When I typed it I thought, shite, I should delete this but it was to late, the universe had heard me and the rest is history. :lol: