Dean Bailey on Before the Game tonight

dees189227

It's an ill-thought theory, which would make those leading our club lamentable lemmings.

I'll thought theory you say, as I said it's my theory and I also said I might be wrong, then prove me wrong then Hannabal? Watts goes from the standard line of he has to get game time into him and everyone should be patient to the sub bench against a group of kids in their first year, in which, that game he should have had least shown what we all think he can deliver, what's the odds of him starting against the Eagles?

Edited by demon3165

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No posts of yours have been deleted by mods. I assume you're not talking about post #61 in this thread?

Correct. Didn't think it had been deleted was just trying to work out where it went!

For some reason I could see the next few posts after mine (including the one that quoted me) but not mine. Tried reloading, refreshing, reopening etc but wasn't there! Strange.

I'll thought theory you say, as I said it's my theory and I also said I might be wrong, then prove me wrong then Hannabal? Watts goes from the standard line of he has to get game time into him and everyone should be patient to the sub bench against a group of kids in their first year, in which, that game he should have had least shown what we all think he can deliver, what's the odds of him starting against the Eagles?

How can I prove you wrong ? If you're right the club is run by kneejerk reacting lamentable lemmings. I have enough faith that those in command are not.

My theory is that Watts was very close to being dropped, but they thought that a quarter, or so, against the GC would be good for him. I also believe that there was consideration given to the fact that interstate trips help bond young players.

How can I prove you wrong ? If you're right the club is run by kneejerk reacting lamentable lemmings. I have enough faith that those in command are not.

My theory is that Watts was very close to being dropped, but they thought that a quarter, or so, against the GC would be good for him. I also believe that there was consideration given to the fact that interstate trips help bond young players.

Yeah, he is just apart of the periphery players that will rotate through the sub role.

Which is my theory on the sub rule - the periphery players will rotate through and if you were a sub and in the next week subbed out (or vice versa) you will be very close to being dropped, maybe purely for a lack of match fitness.

And no ruckman should ever be a sub.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Correct. Didn't think it had been deleted was just trying to work out where it went!

For some reason I could see the next few posts after mine (including the one that quoted me) but not mine. Tried reloading, refreshing, reopening etc but wasn't there! Strange.

It disappeared on me last night too. I was going to reply to it but then I couldn't find it and now I've forgotten what it was I was going to say.

Interesting theory on not giving Watts a full game against the Suns to keep the media at bay. I don't mind it. The kid has had more speculation and analyses than any other I can remember, so giving him a some help to avoid another kicking isn't a bad thing. Maybe it's an evener upper from the QB mismanagement in his first game.

Edited by Rojik of the Arctic

I want Watts to succeed as much as anyone but his last possession before the siren that summed up his carrer so far IMO .

Take the ball in the clear , opportunity to run to 50 and have a shot , but bucked up the bounce . Groan . Eye roll .

Confidence sapping stuff .

I have a theory on why Watts was made a sub against the suns might be wrong but anyway here it is, if Watts played and did not perform or dominate the media would then go to town on him placing more heat on him and the club, so by making him the sub and playing only one quarter all the media can say Watts should have started on the ground. As I say I might be wrong but gee it looks that way.

This.

I believe this to be exactly the reason he was the sub last week.

The club were protecting him. If he didn't perform against 18 year olds, the media would have torn him & the club another one and could have done irreperable damage to his development.

The club were protecting him. If he didn't perform against 18 year olds, the media would have torn him & the club another one and could have done irreperable damage to his development.

So if you are not going to play him against 18 year olds who then would you play him against without doing irreperable damage to his development? :rolleyes:

So if you are not going to play him against 18 year olds who then would you play him against without doing irreperable damage to his development? :rolleyes:

It's relevant to to current pressure both he and the club are under with his progression/development.

In the lead up to that game there was intense scrutiny on his past performances and justification on being picked at number one.

I personally feel the club played it safe by not taking the risk of him putting in a sub standard performance against players he should supposedly dominate against.

The potential damage factor im referring to, would have been caused by the media, not the game day performance. That's the point I'm making.

It's relevant to to current pressure both he and the club are under with his progression/development.

In the lead up to that game there was intense scrutiny on his past performances and justification on being picked at number one.

I personally feel the club played it safe by not taking the risk of him putting in a sub standard performance against players he should supposedly dominate against.

The potential damage factor im referring to, would have been caused by the media, not the game day performance. That's the point I'm making.

Get the "Ox" to mentor him to help develop his game. I am sure you would see a big improvement in him. Remember the "Ox" was a skinny kid at the start of his career too and look what he turned into. Watss has the skills but needs the "mongrel" in him to come out.

If we are that scared by the media then we should wrap him in cotton wool and place him in a dark cupboard for 5 years and hope that he blossoms into a top AFL footballer and the cruel media leaves us alone.

If the FD definitely thought that then I hope Cam Schwab's comprehensive review exposes it for the sham strategy it is.

If we are that scared by the media then we should wrap him in cotton wool and place him in a dark cupboard for 5 years and hope that he blossoms into a top AFL footballer and the cruel media leaves us alone.

If the FD definitely thought that then I hope Cam Schwab's comprehensive review exposes it for the sham strategy it is.

Don't get me wrong I don't like it one little bit...give me hardened players with grunt any day of the week.

I was just stating what "I think" the club were doing.

I feel sick in the stomach that we potentially have a prissy pants silver spoon fed private school boy for life on our list..

A few hardened facts would go well with your speculation to settle that troubled gut.

Rhino forums like this wouldn't exist without speculation, I stated an opinion, it wasn't uneducated, yet it was just an opinion.

I wasn't expecting to be belittled by a moderator for it though..

I've never seen a Melbourne win a flag. I've seen a lot of hope and a lot of talk, but never seen a flag. So when members of this site (same 3 or 4 who shout down everyone) constantly shoot down posters for questioning the coaching, admin or playing group, I wonder where the blind faith comes from. I don't expext a flag tjis year, I don't even expect top eight.

I want to see something to get me excited. I want to see a plan coming together. I want to see a coach and think that i,m glad we have him.

I have seen nothing in Dean Bailey to show that he can coach. Is there any qestion that at the end of his contract if we don't sign him someone else will?

Talks a great game, but needs results

Just keep faith. The patience is there- we will make the 8 this year.

To say the club is "run by kneejerk reacting lamentable lemmings" is wrong to say, what it is called in my opinion is managing the situation nothing wrong with that, lets face it we as supporters will never know the platform under which they operate.

That is why they dragged Moloney out in front of the media and shamed him for a late drink, and you don't think it doesn't happen.............

That is why they dragged Moloney out in front of the media and shamed him for a late drink, and you don't think it doesn't happen.............

Big difference between Moloney & Watts though. Beamer did the wrong thing & knew it. Jack is still finding his spot.

Big difference between Moloney & Watts though. Beamer did the wrong thing & knew it. Jack is still finding his spot.

The Moloney one was a reply to RR on one of his posts, lets face it, they where spooked by the media seeing Eddie and his crew on MMM who broke the story, as I have said before I might be wrong but then again I might be right and for people to say things like like this don't happen think again.

The Moloney one was a reply to RR on one of his posts, lets face it, they where spooked by the media seeing Eddie and his crew on MMM who broke the story, as I have said before I might be wrong but then again I might be right and for people to say things like like this don't happen think again.

Eddie did the wrong thing, not that he would admit it. In my opinion the MFC did the right thing, yes Moloney was publicly shamed, but it has certainly left the ball in his court to reclaim his

position.

The entire list will now know without any doubt, you do not drink during the season. The game is professional now.

I was a little baffled JW did not play a full game against GC, but maybe so was Jack. If you want a full game you must earn it. He certainly played like a man possessed in that last quarter. Not everything he did worked out completely, but he was fired up.

I like a fired up Jack Watts. He can be laconic off the field.

I would have thought Moloney shamed himself. The Club did the right thing and held Beamer accountable for an embarrassing and unacceptable performance off the field. Ever thought the Club might have managed the official story of proceedings? Hmmm.

What that has to do with hiding Watts???

I've never seen a Melbourne win a flag. I've seen a lot of hope and a lot of talk, but never seen a flag. So when members of this site (same 3 or 4 who shout down everyone) constantly shoot down posters for questioning the coaching, admin or playing group, I wonder where the blind faith comes from.

The fact you haven't seen a flag is not because we have had 'blind faith' in Bailey.

I criticise the baseless criticism. There is plenty to criticise, but back it up with someone stronger than a generation of failure. That isn't Schwab, Bailey, or Green's fault.

I don't expext a flag tjis year, I don't even expect top eight.

I want to see something to get me excited. I want to see a plan coming together. I want to see a coach and think that i,m glad we have him.

I have seen nothing in Dean Bailey to show that he can coach. Is there any qestion that at the end of his contract if we don't sign him someone else will?

Talks a great game, but needs results

What coach doesn't? And he is 11 and 15 since we have been trying to win matches...

I have been singled out for being a shill for Bailey but I still want to see a bit more of 2011 and some improvement in various KPIs before I advocate any extension.

But please, take offence at this 'shout down'...

I've heard this touted a bit.

What's it based on?

Watts, to me, seems a very confident young man.

Jack Watts' confidence is more to do with whether or not he is prepared to take significant risks when he gets the ball, and when he is trying to get the ball. He would rather try to do the 'safe' team things at this stage.

As a junior footballer, he was free flowing and attacking and really good. As a basketballer, he was amazing as a decision maker and an aggressive offensive player. He is not showing much of this type of confidence at this stage. He looks scared to make too many errors.

He may still look confident to you but there are many different levels to sporting confidence.

The fact you haven't seen a flag is not because we have had 'blind faith' in Bailey.

I criticise the baseless criticism. There is plenty to criticise, but back it up with someone stronger than a generation of failure. That isn't Schwab, Bailey, or Green's fault.

What coach doesn't? And he is 11 and 15 since we have been trying to win matches...

I have been singled out for being a shill for Bailey but I still want to see a bit more of 2011 and some improvement in various KPIs before I advocate any extension.

But please, take offence at this 'shout down'...

You are right it is not Bailey, Green or Schawb's fault.

I think what frightens a lot of us is we have seen current scenario before.

i.e. lots of promising recruits, good coach etc and the result zero.

Now This time we do have what appears to be a very good administration as well.

Like you I will give Bailey a while longer before I call for his head.

In the end any coach will only survive on good results.

The $64 question is when will the powers at the MFC judge DB.

Looks to me that they think the point is some where in the next 19 weeks

or they would have given him an extension by now.

So his fate maybe sealed by the performance of Green and company ( no matter how many games they have played ) in perhaps the next 6-8 weeks.

I would have thought Moloney shamed himself. The Club did the right thing and held Beamer accountable for an embarrassing and unacceptable performance off the field. Ever thought the Club might have managed the official story of proceedings? Hmmm.

What that has to do with hiding Watts???

What they did to Moloney was an embarrassment to the club, yes take the VC of him but there was no need to have him face the media in that way, as for Watts I still think managed his playing role against the suns.