Dean Bailey on Before the Game tonight

dees189227

Rhino forums like this wouldn't exist without speculation, I stated an opinion, it wasn't uneducated, yet it was just an opinion.

I wasn't expecting to be belittled by a moderator for it though..

When you try to draw conclusions and be critical of public figures without facts then you should rightly be held up to the light for it and exposed. There was certainly no belittlement but good to recognise that there you were without facts.

BTW your cheap shot at Jack Watts, a current MFC player was ungracious and unnecessary. But once again it was probably idle speculation.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they did to Moloney was an embarrassment to the club, yes take the VC of him but there was no need to have him face the media in that way, as for Watts I still think managed his playing role against the suns.

I note you cannot bear to comment on the embarrsssment Moloney caused himself, the Club and its sponsors. And as you recognise that given the seriousness of the incident he lost the VC. Given the seriousness of the allegations and the severity of the punishment, this was always going to require a public mea culpa by Moloney in the company of the senior clu official otherwise the media would not have bought any spin Schwab and oc put on the event and would have teed off further on the McGuire disclosures. I dont think you realise how much media management of the whole affair took place. The Club addressed it and took the steam out of the matter in less than 24 hours.But the Moloney issue had nothing to do with the Watts situation. And as such there is little substance to your implausible theory that his selection was due to media management.

I note you cannot bear to comment on the embarrsssment Moloney caused himself, the Club and its sponsors. And as you recognise that given the seriousness of the incident he lost the VC. Given the seriousness of the allegations and the severity of the punishment, this was always going to require a public mea culpa by Moloney in the company of the senior clu official otherwise the media would not have bought any spin Schwab and oc put on the event and would have teed off further on the McGuire disclosures. I dont think you realise how much media management of the whole affair took place. The Club addressed it and took the steam out of the matter in less than 24 hours.But the Moloney issue had nothing to do with the Watts situation. And as such there is little substance to your implausible theory that his selection was due to media management.

Your opinion only and where are the facts to your story, none if you think there was more to the story do you really think the media would have fallen for that don't think so, so you can put as much spin on it as you want, as for Watts again I have always said I could be wrong ( unlike yourself ) but you cannot definitely say it could not happen but then again it is you!!

Your opinion only and where are the facts to your story, none if you think there was more to the story do you really think the media would have fallen for that don't think so, so you can put as much spin on it as you want, as for Watts again I have always said I could be wrong ( unlike yourself ) but you cannot definitely say it could not happen but then again it is you!!

As pointed out by other posters it should be up to you to prove your theory right not others to disprove it. Its not an issue of could happen but whether it did happen. I did use the word "plausible". And if you think Moloney had been out for just a drink after the Lions game then I can understand you are convinced by your Watts theory. And for initial facts to my story, see if you can get over your anger at the Club and listen to the Press conference on Moloney. I am glad Beamer has moved on from this, as will I. I trust I dont have to wait for a double page Hun spread before Jack plays his next game.

When you try to draw conclusions and be critical of public figures without facts then you should rightly be held up to the light for it and exposed. There was certainly no belittlement but good to recognise that there you were without facts.

BTW your cheap shot at Jack Watts, a current MFC player was ungracious and unnecessary. But once again it was probably idle speculation.

My original post was in no way critical of anyone Rhino. It was my drawn conclusion (as you've stated) as to what I believed was the reason Watts was made the sub for the gold coast game. You are correct there was nothing factual about it, simply my thoughts on the matter. There was not one ounce of criticism directed at anyone in that post.

My "cheap shot" at Watts (in another post) probably was unnecessary, so I apologise, but I stated it as a fear I have for the future and not something I meant as a personal attack on Watts, despite my choice of words. I know he's young and has a lot of development ahead of him, in saying that I wish good things for him going forward and sincerely hope as much as anyone that he becomes a star for the MFC.

Edited by Beetle

As pointed out by other posters it should be up to you to prove your theory right not others to disprove it. Its not an issue of could happen but whether it did happen. I did use the word "plausible". And if you think Moloney had been out for just a drink after the Lions game then I can understand you are convinced by your Watts theory. And for initial facts to my story, see if you can get over your anger at the Club and listen to the Press conference on Moloney. I am glad Beamer has moved on from this, as will I. I trust I dont have to wait for a double page Hun spread before Jack plays his next game.

"As pointed out by other posters it should be up to you to prove your theory right not others to disprove it" please read what I have said about my theory and I don't have to prove anything we are all aloud to express a view or opinion or is that now outlawed here, as for Moloney don't have a problem with the discipline of him and I agree one has to look after the image of the club and of the sponsors, I also think that the club needs to show a strong culture but the way it was done was embarrassing in my opinion.

"As pointed out by other posters it should be up to you to prove your theory right not others to disprove it" please read what I have said about my theory and I don't have to prove anything we are all aloud to express a view or opinion or is that now outlawed here, as for Moloney don't have a problem with the discipline of him and I agree one has to look after the image of the club and of the sponsors, I also think that the club needs to show a strong culture but the way it was done was embarrassing in my opinion.

How were you embarrassed by what the club did?? I would have thought Beamer was the one to be embarrassed, as he had a recovery session to attend only hours after leaving said nite club.

Funny how we can see the same thing and not have the same take on it. Not saying you are right or wrong but I thought it gave young Jack a bit of a rocket that he probably needed. He looked pretty hungry and eager to show he could play when he did get out there.

I'd prefer he was dropped, a bigger and clearer statement.

That said, this was the one round I'd have cut him some slack and hoped playing against the kids of GC would help his confidence.

So he is ruthless in getting us to where we are and it took balls and you are impressed with that, but he makes Watts a sub for a week and he has lost you?

I don't understand how you can question his coaching abilities over one decision which hasn't even been proven to be a bad one.

Who knows, there are many different aspects to footy. Give Bailey a chance to prove what he can do with this list instead of looking for any excuse to jump ship so soon.

The one decision was just the final straw for me.

I hope to god I'm proven wrong and many things that have worried me in the past is more to do with tanking and then development. I've found myself looking for reasons not to jump ship in the past and that patience was wasted. It's on short supply here and Dean used the last of it.

So this was meant to be a thread about Dean Bailey on Before the Game but has now turned into yet another Watts beating session. Come on guys, leave the kid alone he's still developing and don't bother judging or comparing him to other players for at least another couple of years when he is playing at his full potential.