Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

A lot better if I accepted your trade of Boyd for McQualter.

UNlikely.

But I am prepared to trade Boyd to someone if they can offer me something of value. Not because I don't rate him, just because my top 2 ranked players are WB Centres, so when their Bye comes around i'm in trouble.

Happy to Negotiate over Boyd JA.

What do you need from my Star Studded List?

Put your offer on the table?

Edited by Old Man Rivers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Well I see you have several Melbourne players, how about I offer also up in addition to J.Brown for Boyd, Cameron Howlett for your Rohan Bail. (I haven't a Melbourne player ) It might ease the pressure for you when Melb has a bye.

I too have an over supply of centres. Plus I rate Bail as 100-130 ranked Ufooty player, so he'll be tough to move. Howlett would not get a game for Jackattack, despite his similar ranking.

I'm not against J. Brown for Boyd. But there is no doubt there would have to be a sweetener to account for the fact that J.Brown is rated in the 30s, Boyd is 10. PLus his history of injury, including his current OP issues. Also he has at least one game where his contribution will be reduced to 0 when Frawley plays on him.

This deal will have to get a lot sweeter to turn Brown into Boyd.

Sorry.

Open to hear trade winds, offers, propositions or even just speculation (if not just for the fun of it). Really not sure how this team looks/will go.

Backs: H. Scotland (B/C), N. van Berlo (B/C), P. Duffield (B)

Mids: J. Selwood ©, K. Jack ©, D. Hannebury ©

Forwards: J. Riewoldt (F), R. Petterd (F), R. Douglas (C/F)

Ruck: B. Hudson ®

Uti: C. Dawes (F)

Backs emergencies: F. Ray (B/C), J. Macdonald (B), S. Hurn (B)

Mids emergencies: S. Edwards (B/C), B. Dalziell ©, L. Picken ©

Forwards emergencies: C. Knights (C/F), A. Edwards (F), B. Warren (F)

Ruck emergency: M. Blake ®

People who can play back:

Scotland, van Berlo, Duffield, Ray, Edwards, Macdonald, Hurn

People who can play middle:

Scotland, van Berlo, Selwood, Jack, Hannebery, Douglas, Ray, Edwards, Dalziell, Picken

People who can play forward:

Riewoldt, Petterd, Douglas, Dawes, Knights, Edwards, Warren

People who can ruck:

Hudson, Blake

Where are you Mad Melbourne?

Have I got this right.

The name of the game here is a coach has 11 players- 3 Backs, 3 Centres, 3 forwards,1 ruckman & 1 utility.Does the utility score as well as the other 10.? The team in total need to combine in stats to be the winning team. Well why is a forward kicking goals that important- the team does not get added points for that- does he. It is a forward that gets most kicks, handballs, tackles that gets the stats up- Correct again - or have like usual missed the plot.Why would Brown be more important that Boyd?

Please advise?

My list is

Round Pick Player Team Position.

1 (9) Darren Jolly CW R

2 (24) Steve Johnson GE F

3 (41) Sam Mitchell HW C

4 (56) Kane Cornes PA C

5 (73) Michael Rischitelli GC C

6 (88) Brent Stanton ES C

7 (105) Darren Milburn GE B

8 (120) Andrew Embley WC C,F

9 (137) Jarrad Grant WB F

10 (152) Brent Guerra HW B

11 (169) Nathan Lovett-Murray ES B,C

12 (184) Luke Power BL C

13 (201) Grant Birchall HW B

14 (216) Brent Macaffer CW F

15 (233) Brad Ottens GE R,F

16 (248) Ben Johnson CW B,C

17 (265) Rory Sloane AD C

18 (280) Matthew Bate ME F

19 (297) Ryan Houlihan CA F

20 (312) Sam Wright KA B,C

21 (329) Josh Hunt GE B

which allowing for my stuff up in first two rounds the list has come good somewhat -however awaiting a hiding from HW.

Able to ruck: Jolly,Ottens

Centres: Mitchell,.Cornes,Rischitelli,Stanton,Embley,Lovett-Murray,Power,Ben Johnson,Sloane,Wright.

Backs-Milburn,Guerra,Lovett- Murray,Power,Birchall,Johnson, Wright, Hunt.

Forwards- Johnson,Embley,Grant, Macaffer, Ottens,Bate,Houlihan,

Overall I feel I was able to come up with a steady list whom none are world beaters but good solid contributors whom I will be able to cover injury,byes etc..and still be willing to give some others a run for their money.I also think, all rounders that are interchangable is very important.

My best buy Luke Power at 184 whom hopefully will cover the early issue in draft selection.

A great job by JA and all coaches have done extremely well with their selections

Edited by jayceebee31

Of great concern - I'm waiting for some confirmation from Velocity sports that T Scully will be playing for me for the rest of the season :blink:

It seems i can't confirmation either way, he may have received a GIANT offer elsewhere, i have scheduled a press conference for friday to allay some fears.........

:)

Of great concern - I'm waiting for some confirmation from Velocity sports that T Scully will be playing for me for the rest of the season :blink:

It seems i can't confirmation either way, he may have received a GIANT offer elsewhere, i have scheduled a press conference for friday to allay some fears.........

:)

I'd consider trading as a safe guard- His knee maybe worse than first thought and he may have played his last game already?

Swan is off the table JA but would consider any other layer for Boyd.

Fair enough, trading proving just as difficult this year as it was for me last year.

People just tend to back their own players I guess.

Just with regards to Demonland Mk 2, we've got 14 now which is good but I'll wait till the weekend before I close it, we might still get to 16.

Seems like the generic settings for team size is different to what the Demonland 1 league is using. JA do you think your settings are better than the generic ones, and thus should I change it? If you think there are some good things that you know about that I should alter let me know.

Just with regards to Demonland Mk 2, we've got 14 now which is good but I'll wait till the weekend before I close it, we might still get to 16.

Seems like the generic settings for team size is different to what the Demonland 1 league is using. JA do you think your settings are better than the generic ones, and thus should I change it? If you think there are some good things that you know about that I should alter let me know.

Hey Titan,

I had a quick look at your settings and thought I preferred them to the other league.

Personally I think it would be better to have a full 18 players.

Also, think it would be better to play across more scoring categories (e.g. points scored).

Also, after watching their draft issues, looks like 3 or 4 minutes per pick for the draft would be the go.

Reading your league with interest. Have you tried PM'ing any of those who were interested that aren't participating as yet from the original post by JackAttack. There were close to 35-40 who expressed interest from memory... ??? Just a suggestion if you're trying to speed things up.

Before we trade can someone whom has played this game before explain how the scoring is done.Is a forward an extremely important tool. Re does a goal turn out to be 6 pints or the like.Someone explain how the game works before we start trading

please.

Before we trade can someone whom has played this game before explain how the scoring is done.Is a forward an extremely important tool. Re does a goal turn out to be 6 pints or the like.Someone explain how the game works before we start trading

please.

Good explanation here:

http://www.ultimatefooty.com/help/scoring

Hey Titan,

I had a quick look at your settings and thought I preferred them to the other league.

Personally I think it would be better to have a full 18 players.

Also, think it would be better to play across more scoring categories (e.g. points scored).

Also, after watching their draft issues, looks like 3 or 4 minutes per pick for the draft would be the go.

Some of my thoughts on this:

18 players is certainly an option, the reason I used only 11 is because if you have 18 players + probably 5 emergencies and then say 5 on the bench to cover injuries and byes, with 16 teams you need 288 playing players, 80 emergencies and 80 benched players. There are plenty of players in the AFL, but I figured it simplifies team selection a bit with fewer players and therefore requires less effort to keep your team up to date. This also means that coaches who are less committed can stay in the game a bit more without having to commit a lot of time to it.

Also I personally like to be able to remember what players I have in my team, I find with so many players I keep forgetting who I have.

With the scoring; you can choose to play with up to 9 categories. (score,score%,k,m,hb,ho,t,ff,fa) Points is not one of them, if by points you mean DT points. Nor would you want it to be one of them. So there is no confusion; "Score" incorporates both goals and behinds (6xgoal + 1xbehind), score percentage is goals divided by behinds (goals / behinds) and unlike all other categories you need to have fewer frees against to win that category.

If you want you can play with a straight points system like DT. But everyone in my league last year, even those who initially disliked the Category system, agreed that the category system is superior.

DRAFT:

There are a few different ways of running a draft, but 2 stand out:

Slow draft:

The intention here is to run a draft over a few weeks, people log on when they can and make selections when it suits them. The time limit can be from 5 minutes to 24 hours. This is what I Demonland 1 league did, but it got frustrating becuase it turned out you had to commit a lot of time to checking how close your pick was which was why I shortened it to 5 minutes. The advantage was that it ran over 2 nights for a total of about 8 hours, so everyone got a chance to log on at some point and make a live selection instead of the default autopicks.

Live Draft:

I ran a live draft last year with some mates (and will gain do it this year), it runs in the same way as a slow draft with a few differences. Firstly the time limit is reduced to 1 minute. Secondly if you're not online your pick is made automatically for you straight away without waiting your full minute, unlike the slow draft where this was only the case if you changed your preferences to autopick before you logged off. If you are logged on but you fail to make a selection within a minute then like the slow draft it autopicks for you, but you get penalised 20 seconds for your next pick (down to 40 seconds), then again if you don't make your pick in time the next round (20 seconds) and so on.

The upshot is that depending on your settings, and how many people are available you can get through a draft of 300 odd players in about 2 hours of intense drafting. This is because the average time to draft was around 30-40 seconds. The downside is that those who are working/out at that time will miss the whole thing.

If I had my time again I would definately run the Live draft.

please.

I just handed in my resignation at work, and with 4 weeks notice i've pretty much checked out, so i'll see what I can do to explain the system a bit more.

A good example of the strategic element of the game is the ruck position:

Example:

Dappa Dan with picck 2 wisely chose Sandilands, he is a hitout machine averaging 36 hitouts a game, the most of any player. When I come to play him my ruck, Leuenberger, only averages 21 per game.

On the face of it i'm almost a certainty to lose hitouts, Dappa can pretty much pencil in 1 category for a win. However, in my infinate wisdom I have chosen a couple of extra players that I could bring into my lineup that give me hope; Bradley(B,F) averages 6 hitouts, Cross© averages 3, Petrie(F) 1. Now my HO count is looking a bit stronger, with Dappa still on 36 I now look likely to snag roughly 31. The utility also allows me the freedom of playing a second ruck, so I could play a Will Minson® avg. 12 hitouts, or really make sure of it with Sam Jacobs® avg. 20.

With either of those 2 rucks playing I am a dead set certainty to win Hitouts with a likely 50 hitouts soming my way. But at what cost; to play a second ruck I have to sacrifice my utility, currently Sewel who averages 21 touches a game and 6 tackles, for Jacobs who average 10 touches and 4 tackles.

I am therefore inclined to just give up on hitouts. In this case if I had a player like a Kurt Tippet(R,F) I would probably play him in the ruck, he only gets around 8 hitouts but he does score on average around 2 goals (14 points). In this way I give myself the edge in the score category at the loss of the hitouts category.

That is why, with pick 1 I would have gone for Sandilands. Sure he doesn't get 40 touches a game like Ablett, but you pretty much start every game with 1 category in your pocket.

This is not to say that Goddard is a bad pick, he is a rare kind of player that does everything. Reliably gets a goal a game, 14 kicks, 14 handballs, 7 marks, he tackles, wins more frees than he gives away, and he's accurate on gaol (.715). He even gets a hitout a game. And if you listen to me (and the Ultimate footy help file) the name of the game is balance.

TU, i'm not sure what the generic settings are. My reasons for having only 11 players playing are outlined in a previous posts. The only thing I would have changed from what I did would be to run a live draft, and have an extra centre playing. I would also consider dropping 1 bench spot to promote trading.

BASIC SETTINGS (Edit)

League Manager michaelhumphris

League Name Demonland 1

League ID 228354

Password TS4MFCIN12

Description For Demonlanders only.

Game Type Head-to-Head

Scoring Type Category-Based

Maximum Teams 16

First Round of Matches Round 1

Bye Rounds Play every round

Captains Disable use of Captains

Can't Cut List Use Can't Cut List

LINEUP SETTINGS (Edit)

Max Team Size: 21

Total Starters: 11

Total Emergencies: 5

Number of Bench Spots: 5

Backs (B) 3

Centres © 3

Rucks ® 1

Forwards (F) 3

Utilities (UTL) 1

Emergencies (EM) 5

Bench (BN) 5

SCORING (Edit)

Player stats used Kicks (KI) 1 Free Kicks For (FF) 1

Handballs (HB) 1 Free Kicks Against (FA) -1

Marks (MA) 1 Points Kicked (SCORE) 1

Hitouts (HO) 1 Goal Kicking Accuracy (%) 1

Tackles (TK) 1

LEAGUE RULES (Edit)

Lineup Change Lockout All Players Lock at First Game Of Week

Season Player Acquisition Limit 30

Weekly Player Acquisition Limit 5

Time Players are on Waivers 2 Days

Determine Waiver Priority By Reverse Ladder Order

"Weekend" Signing Lockout No Restrictions

Maximum Number of Trades No Limit

Trade Deadline Sunday, July 24, 11:59PM AEST (Round 18)

Trade Review Period 2 Days

Trade Review Method Coach Votes

DRAFT (Edit)

Draft Type Online Draft

Draft Start Date/Time Sun 27 February 5:30 PM (AEDT)

Time Per Pick 0 Hours 5 Minutes

Operate Draft Between 5 PM and 1 AM (AEDT)

Edited by JACKATTACK

How's mine?

1 (12) Jimmy Bartel GE C

2 (21) Luke Hodge HW C

3 (44) Shane Mumford SY R

4 (53) Travis Boak PA C

5 (76) Ben McGlynn SY C,F

6 (85) Cameron Bruce HW B,C

7 (108) James Frawley ME B

8 (117) Shannon Byrnes GE C,F

9 (140) Taylor Walker AD F

10 (149) Brad Symes AD B,C

11 (172) Jordie McKenzie ME C

12 (181) Jeff Garlett CA F

13 (204) Mitch Morton RI F

14 (213) Troy Chaplin PA B

15 (236) Leigh Brown CW R,F

16 (245) Jarryd Blair CW C,F

17 (268) Lachlan Henderson CA F

18 (277) Tom Derickx RI R

19 (300) Josh Caddy GC C

20 (309) Courtenay Dempsey ES B,C

21 (332) Ben Nason RI C,F

Liking my midfield, personally :)

How's mine?

Liking my midfield, personally :)

Doesn't appear to have a particular weakness.

Bartel went cheap if you ask me. You do have a good midfield, but most do due to the nubmer of Centres. I probably should have made it 4 centres not 3.

I'm looking to strengthen my forward line and am open to trading all players on my list except for Dane Swan.

I've got some solid centre and back stocks that might appeal.

Feel free to send any trade request ...

Check !

anyone up for trading, im interested in a forward or possible ruckman, and i have a pretty solid defensive and midfield stock, will consider nearly any trades. :D

anyone up for trading, im interested in a forward or possible ruckman, and i have a pretty solid defensive and midfield stock, will consider nearly any trades. :D

Just offered you Vickery. Forward/Ruck who dominated on the weekend.