NFL

Dappa Dan

I think Vick and Philli in general are over rated.

surprise teams so far for mine have been the Bengals, Detroit and above all Ryan Tannehill and Miami - the kid threw a 62 yard pass! 3-0 and no one saw that coming. Carson Palmer has improved Arizona. THE BEARS a looking tidy as well.

But Russell Wilson and my Seahawks are miles ahead of all but Denver.

Indy

Arizona

Washington

Vikings host Pittsburgh in London. Chicago and Detroit will be a cracking game. St.Louis could hurt the 49ers. Some fun games to watch apart from the vikings game. Word is Matt Cassell will start at QB.

Colts

Bengals

Seahawks

Would have gone Ravens, but Pantaloons beat me to it :) vive le difference.

I had to go Bengals, but without thinking it was a dead cert. They beat us at their house when we were heavy favourites last season, our secondary is banged up, it is a conference game and we all know strange things happen in those, and the Browns despite all the press to the contrary do have some good players especially on defence. As you can tell I am full of confidence :) Years of Bengals losing games they should win has imprinted on my pysche. Whodey???

Edited by Strafford

Indy

Arizona

Washington

Vikings host Pittsburgh in London. Chicago and Detroit will be a cracking game. St.Louis could hurt the 49ers. Some fun games to watch apart from the vikings game. Word is Matt Cassell will start at QB.

Watched your game against the Browns the other night on Gamepass Cowboy, just to check out the Browns, still can't believe you guys lost. You guys looked to have worked Hoyer out after he seemed to take the Vikings by surprise early and then he comes up with that last drive. Gordon looked a beast for the Browns. He is a gifted player, but is one more strike away from a year ban and I'm not sure he studies the paybook as he should.

TV games ...

Fri Sept 27

10.25am San Francisco at St. Louis (OneHD & ESPN)

Mon Sept 30

3.00am Pittsburgh at Minnesota (OneHD)

6.25am Philadelphia at Denver (OneHD)

6.25am Dallas at San Diego (Fox1)

10.30am New England at Atlanta (OneHD & ESPN)

Tues Oct 1

10.30am Miami at New Orleans (ESPN)

... all the other week 4 games

Road team tips ...

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Not a bad line-up of games on the box although the Seahawks/Texans and Bears/Lions games are arguably 2 of the better match-ups in week 4. Not sure when cable will start showing an 'early' game either. The 3 evening games are all terrific matches (or at least potentially so)

They did, looked very good, their defense in the red zone was outstanding.

They do well against us.

Ware and co really gave Bradford very little time in the first half especially and your run game never really got going. Possibly a tactical error by your guys sagging off the run a bit to cover Bryant, Witten and Austin, which allowed Murray to go off. Romo didn't audible as much as he usually does to get out of run plays which also helped the Cowboy run game. I was actually very impressed by the Boys and I hate to admit that :)

We were bloody terrible, Bradford has this season to prove he can actually make it as a NFL QB, I'd be looking at another QB to replace him.

That must have been hard to watch mate. You have seen more of Bradford, but I'll just make a few observations after watching the replay of the game last night and most of last weeks game. I didn't watch either last quarter. If you can't run the ball your offence is predictable and if you can't stop the run then your defence becomes uncertain, which then opens up the passing game. To me they are your two main problems and I don't think they are down to Bradford, although they do impact on his ability to do his job.

Bradford does miss some throws and take a few sacks he shouldn't, but he has been under a fair bit of pressure. Your tightends aren't very good blockers and neither are your backs. For some reason your o- line is struggling with four and even three man rushes. That makes it tough for a qb, as he also starts to feel pressure when there isn't any. Bradford actually makes some pretty tough throws, perhaps your oc needs to help get his confidence up with a few easier throws, screens etc, although the poor blocking of your tightends does make that tough. Cook is a great talent, but he was known for his poor blocking and tendency to run wrong routes. To me that indicates a bloke not willing to work hard enough to improve his game. I feel sorry for yourbacks the holes just aren't there. Jackson was a loss as I imagine he was a better blocker and receiving threat. As was Amendola, although injury prone. Young Austin isn't getting any help as his main strength is yac, but you need a few blocks at times to spring your impact guy.

I reckon you need a blocking tightend and running back help, although it might be too late for Bradford as his confidence might be shot. Hopefully not. Perhaps a more creative oc would also help. Just a few thoughts :)

As most of us seem to have picked the Bengals as one of our three teams, I'll just do an injury report on our secondary. It isn't good. Hall our best corner hasn't practiced all week and is very doubtful, Nelson our fs and second best secondary player is in the same boat. Newman our second corner has a sore knee, but should play. Jones our third corner is carrying an abdominal strain, that he also carried into the last game, so he should also play. Kirkpatrick our disappointing first rounder from 2012 is also still probably out with a hamstring, how can a corner not know how to backpedal, but I digress :) Brandon Ghee who has been out with a concussion from the preseason will probably come into the team, but he hasn't played a regular season game for a long time. We had to sign Chris Crocker a safety who can play slot corner to a short term deal again. We have one hell of a banged up secondary and against a team that put up 34 points against us last season at their house with Branden Weeden under centre...ouch. Just to confirm I am a teapot and yes there is a touch of panic in my post.

Yeah Jackson was a great blocker.

My big problem with Bradford is he chooses bad options where it's 2v1 or he tries and forces he ball into areas they should not go and he really struggles to put the ball into space for a WR to run onto instead it always drops short. Our o-line is struggling due to what you said the extra blockers are terrible, not even college standard.

We need to try different running backs, I have no idea who else to try but we can't keeping on with what we have.

• Like 1

Just a reminder about the TV games ...

Mon Sept 30

3.00am Pittsburgh at Minnesota (OneHD)

6.25am Philadelphia at Denver (OneHD)

6.25am Dallas at San Diego (Fox1)

10.30am New England at Atlanta (OneHD & ESPN)

Tues Oct 1

10.30am Miami at New Orleans (ESPN)

All the other week 4 games

Here's Bill Simmons weekly column ... week 4 tips ... and the NFL Power Rankings: Week 4

Freeman to the Vikings Cowboy? Schiano creating waves down in Glazer land.

I thought Freeman was going to take that next step but he seems to have gotten worse. We have a superstar QB in Matt Cassel! He actually played very damn well. 16/25 248 yards with 2 TD and 0 interceptions. I keep waiting for Ponder to stamp the position as his but he isn't dangerous in the pocket and we have a classier receiving group this year then we did last year. Freeman does need a new home though. He is done at Tampa.

• Like 2

I'll get in on this tipping comp:

Ravens, Bengals, Colts

Welcome aboard ... same picks as mine (1 out of 3!)