• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

Best of the luck for the upcoming games everyone. Except for Bills fans, for this weekend at least...and Browns fans every weekend, and ummm...Ravens fans, plus Steelers fans....yep you guessed it not Niners fans either...I think I'll stop now.

I meant well...:)

• Like 1

They're not happy in New York (as expected) Wasn't all that impressed with the Bears though and the Giants weren't far away from winning the game.

This, from the New York Times ... For Giants, a Familiar Start With Another Ugly Ending

Certain themes to the Giants’ season have remained constant, starting with this one: the Giants have yet to win a game. With their 27-21 loss Thursday, the Giants dropped to 0-6 for the first time since 1976.

The last Giants drive began at their 11-yard line and included good runs by Jacobs, who rushed for 106 yards on 22 carries, and two short but effective passes by Manning, who completed 14 of 26 passes for 239 yards.

But in the end, Myers, who missed most of the week of practice with an ankle injury, could not leap high enough to corral the pass that became Manning’s third interception.

Here are the TV games again along with Bill Simmons' column ... part 1 (a QB story) ... part 2 (week 6 picks)

SEAHAWKS (-13.5) over Titans
Ryan Fitzpatrick playing in Seattle against the 12th Man? Come on. Stop it.

Mon Oct 14

7.05am Tennessee at Seattle (Fox1)

7.25am New Orleans at New England (OneHD)

11.30am Washington at Dallas (OneHD & ESPN)

Tues Oct 15

11.30am Indianapolis at San Diego (ESPN)

All the other week 6 games

TV games ... there aren't any 'early' games covered by cable or OneHD this week :mellow:

I have no idea why OneHD did this, but the Jets-Steelers game is on overnight tonight. Not sure if they'd used up their quota of live games or if they're just really big fans of Omnisport.

Like I feared, KC with our hands full against Oakland. We are up 14-7 early in the 4th.

I have no idea why OneHD did this, but the Jets-Steelers game is on overnight tonight. Not sure if they'd used up their quota of live games or if they're just really big fans of Omnisport.

Like I feared, KC with our hands full against Oakland. We are up 14-7 early in the 4th.

So the Steelers game was on? I recorded OneHD from about 3am and it wasn't there.

So the Steelers game was on? I recorded OneHD from about 3am and it wasn't there.

No, as in it's on about a 24-hour delay (tonight/tomorrow morning).

Some interesting results this morning. Matt Schaub injured and jeered by his own fans as Houston got belted at home by the Rams. Next stop: Arrowhead, where the KC D awaits. Houston's season is pretty much shot, and Baltimore's took another turn for the worse. Assuming KC is the first wildcard spot this year (and with injuries mounting and a tougher second half schedule I'm not taking anything for granted), it'll be a frantic race for the #6 seed in the AFC. Miami and Baltimore would be the likeliest, but Tennessee can't be discounted if Locker returns in time to make an impact.

Bad week for the vikes. Adrian peterson's 2 year old son to his ex was physically abused and died. Pretty horrible news and they lost to the panthers at home. I'd say it would take a miracle by the new messiah freeman to get us back in contention.

Didn't see the saints pats game but will have to watch it. Bengals, packers, chiefs, 49ers and rams get up. I'm feeling lonely.

• Like 1

Bad week for the vikes. Adrian peterson's 2 year old son to his ex was physically abused and died. Pretty horrible news and they lost to the panthers at home. I'd say it would take a miracle by the new messiah freeman to get us back in contention.

Didn't see the saints pats game but will have to watch it. Bengals, packers, chiefs, 49ers and rams get up. I'm feeling lonely.

I struggled to have a lot of interest in the games today. Just an awful thing to happen and I can only imagine what the family are going through right now. AP did remarkably well just to take to the field.

• Like 1

I struggled to have a lot of interest in the games today. Just an awful thing to happen and I can only imagine what the family are going through right now. AP did remarkably well just to take to the field.

I couldn't comprehend what AP or anyone else in that situation goes through. For him to play was remarkable. Rogers Play action TD was a pretty thing to watch. A few injuries to your boys though.

I couldn't comprehend what AP or anyone else in that situation goes through. For him to play was remarkable. Rogers Play action TD was a pretty thing to watch. A few injuries to your boys though.

I'll have a look at more of the highlights later on but it was an important win for the Packers. Cobb copped a heavy knock to his knee but he may be ok. Jones hurt his leg as well. Not too many surprises in the results although the Rams had a big win. Nearly all the favoured teams won.

The Chargers were very good today and outplayed Indi in most areas. However, they're probably the most unpredictable team going around - heard somewhere that San Diego have only had one losing season in the last 10 years.

Rivers led his team well and had a good game. They might get on a roll and their schedule isn't too difficult from here on in - they could get to 9 and 7. The Colts were quite disappointing.

The 2nd wild-card is up for grabs in the AFC (Miami currently hold it down with a 3 and 2 record - one of 6 teams that have 3 wins in the AFC)

Anyway, CBolts would have done it for 4 of us in the comp! 'cowboy from hell' continues to show us how it's done.

The points tally ...

3 - cowboy from hell

1 - Macca

0 - Gorgoroth, pantaloons, DemonDave, 45HG, Norm Smith's Curse, Strafford, bananas, Demon Land 7

... week 7 games and 'The B.S Report'

NFC West, all teams at 500 or over... Crazy

Combine both the West divisions and the W/L record is 32/16 (both South divisions have a combined record of 17/28)

A record of 9/7 may get a wild-card or 2 in both Conferences. In our conference only the NFC West might provide 2 teams with double digit win tallies.

So many teams are banged up with large injury concerns. I know the Packers are running out of wide receivers (Cobb is out for 8 weeks with a broken leg)

I've been inexplicably absent from this thread all season.

This year's so wacky and largely unpredictable. It's great to see some swapping of roles - the Chiefs, Jets, Chargers, Browns, even the Raiders at times showing improvement on 2012, whilst the Giants, Steelers, Falcons and Texans all slide backwards (can't say any of that saddens me).

Some massive games this week, starting with Broncos-Colts on SNF, plus some huge divisional games like Seahawks-Cards, Bucs-Falcons, Cowboys-Eagles, Bills-Dolphins and Ravens-Steelers.

Also amazing to consider that Arizona is fourth in NFC West at 3-3, a record which would have them tied-first in NFC East. Also amazing to note that if the playoffs started today, the undefeated Broncos would be the 5th seed in the AFC. Fifth.

• Like 1

Give me Seattle, San Diego and New England this week thanks! The AFC playoff picture is shaping up even though its still early days. I see it unfolding thus:

1. Denver

2. New England

3. Indianapolis

4. Cincinnati

5. Kansas City

6. Miami/Baltimore

I'm less clear with how the NFC will shape up, but expect Green Bay, New Orleans and Dallas to win their divisions, Seattle and San Francisco to both make it, and then you can throw a blanket over a few North and West teams. The surprises for me are Atlanta and Houston already gone this early.

No early morning Monday games being broadcast again this week ...

Fri Oct 18

11.25am Seattle at Arizona (OneHD & ESPN)

Mon Oct 21

7.05am San Francisco at Tennessee (Fox1)

7.25am Cleveland at Green Bay (OneHD)

11.30am Denver at Indianapolis (OneHD & ESPN)

Tues Oct 22

11.30am Minnesota at NY Giants (ESPN)

All the other week 7 games

Tips ...

New England

San Diego

San Francisco

Tomorrow's game should be a good one and Arizona could surprise. The SNF match-up where the Broncos visit the Colts should be a beauty. Any number of road teams could win this week but finding 3/3 is proving rather elusive!

Packers and Rams would hope for wins to keep up in their divisions. If the Jets beat the Pats heads will explode in New York. A win in Detroit could give the Bengals a little breathing room in the AFC North if the ravens lose in Pittsburgh. Some divisions are taking shape very early. The NFC South is a no contest. The saints have it to lose. Other divisions won't be so clear for the whole year. My Vikes start their third QB on monday night football against the awful Giants. The problem is the Vikes are just as bad and another new QB won't change the bad secondary and the terrible offensive line that last year helped AP get to where he did. Freeman Vs Eli could mean about 15 interceptions for the game.

Chargers

Patriots

Dallas

• Like 1

Also, OneHD are replaying the Patriots @ NY Jets game from 6am next Wednesday (no live coverage of this game though)

Interesting that the Vikes have gone with Freeman this early 'cfh'. He's certainly got talent and I hope he does well for your blokes. If he strikes form you could start winning games again (assuming AP continues to have big games)

Still reckon our division will be tight with maybe only the division winner making the playoffs. We may see the 2 wild-cards come out of the NFC West. I can see all the teams within the NFC North sharing the wins against each other (with the home teams winning most of the games)

Also, OneHD are replaying the Patriots @ NY Jets game from 6am next Wednesday (no live coverage of this game though)

Disgraceful swine. I think I remember ringing up to complain about shenanigans like this in the past, and the response was something along the lines of having access to only a certain amount of LIVE games, so some get delayed. Absolute snot.

Seahawks

Chargers

Niners

Are we already sending Cowboy our non prize? :)

Yeah, he's dominating. Well done, cowboy.

Case Keenum starting his first game for Houston this week against a rabid KC defense and wild Arrowhead crowd. As Sinatra would infer, if he can make it there, he can make it anywhere.

Colts-Broncos - what a great matchup. Not only the Manning subplot, but two of the league's best teams going at it.

Seahawks

Chargers

Niners

Are we already sending Cowboy our non prize? :)

I'm taking it one week at a time. I'm probably winning because my Vikings are horrible to watch. Everyone else on here is concentrating on their teams. I'm doing the opposite.

• Like 2