NFL

Dappa Dan

When too much sport is never enough ... CFL opening match highlights ... Montreal Alouettes @ Winnepeg Blue Bombers ... Not a bad standard and the big crowd got right into it!

Those 'Tiger-Cats' take on Toronto's Argonauts tomorrow (I checked Toronto's roster and they've got a couple of players called Jason)

'My' Saskatchewan Roughriders take on the Eskimos on Sunday. Need a win - any sort of win.

• Like 1

The receivers in motion at the snap is interesting. As is the goal posts in the middle of the giant end zone. Nice new stadium though. It certainly looks like pro sport but not quite the NFL.

I'm surprised they don't let NFL teams loan players to the CFL teams like in soccer.

The receivers in motion at the snap is interesting. As is the goal posts in the middle of the giant end zone. Nice new stadium though. It certainly looks like pro sport but not quite the NFL.

I'm surprised they don't let NFL teams loan players to the CFL teams like in soccer.

Even though the CFL has been mocked by all and sundry over the years, it's not that bad a standard. I'm only guessing, but there's probably a whole bunch of ex NFL players in the League. Or College players who missed out on the draft.

I'm not a fan of the League, it's just there's not much to post about except Tim Tebow news :) I've heard that there are very few professional Leagues in the States (outside the NFL) It's such a violent sport that you'd want to get paid good money to play it.

Although ... there's even a league in Victoria! ... Gridiron Victoria

Yeah I use to play in U23 back in the mid 90's

I'm guessing you would have had to purchase all your own gear.

A mate of mine used to talk about the Narre Warren Warriors a bit back in the day, but that's my only connection. Vaguely remember playing it on rained out cricket practice nights.

When too much sport is never enough ... CFL opening match highlights ... Montreal Alouettes @ Winnepeg Blue Bombers ... Not a bad standard and the big crowd got right into it!

Those 'Tiger-Cats' take on Toronto's Argonauts tomorrow (I checked Toronto's roster and they've got a couple of players called Jason)

'My' Saskatchewan Roughriders take on the Eskimos on Sunday. Need a win - any sort of win.

Go you tiger cats....did we win?

Yeah I use to play in U23 back in the mid 90's

I played a bit myself, but I wasn't very good :) due to numbers I played both ways as a lineman. I was always giving up penalties on the offensive side, just never got the hang of not dragging people down with my hands lol

• Like 1

You could borrow some pads for a little while but uniform had to purchase and the leg pads, I borrowed a helmet for a little while before purchasing one.

It was pretty expensive. I had to buy everything. Not sure I got value for money :)

Mike Brown our owner/GM couldn't resist laying the boots into the Pats by saying we passed up Gronk due to injury concerns and Hernandez due to character isues. He had copped a bit of flak because we took Gresham over those two guys. Considering the guys we have taken under Brown over the years those character issues must have been huge at that time lol

• Like 1

Go you tiger cats....did we win?

Nah, the Argonauts got up (with the help of Jason, apparently)

My 'Roughriders' beat the Eskimos. Your 'Tiger-cats' take on the Eskimos this week. Should be a rip snorter by all accounts ^_^

Hey, it's only just over 4 weeks to the pre-season games! With our Demons highly likely to finish off the season well, suddenly the sporting landscape isn't so grim, Strafford!

• Like 2

Nah, the Argonauts got up (with the help of Jason, apparently)

My 'Roughriders' beat the Eskimos. Your 'Tiger-cats' take on the Eskimos this week. Should be a rip snorter by all accounts ^_^

Hey, it's only just over 4 weeks to the pre-season games! With our Demons highly likely to finish off the season well, suddenly the sporting landscape isn't so grim, Strafford!

I fear for the Tiger-cats now. Teams I choose seem doomed...doomed I say, cue dramatic music and thunder, possibly some creepy laughter. In the 70's I had the choice between the Dees and Blues...chose Dees. 80's choice between Niners and Bengals chose Bengals. My NBL team went bust after not making the playoffs once. Man united is my shining light, but I didn't have a choice in that one, as my grandfather was a Red Devil nutter...lots of baby photos with me in United kit... Not pretty lol

When I choose I could be a jinx. I apologise to my fellow Dees :)

Only four weeks whooohoooo.

• Like 1

I fear for the Tiger-cats now. Teams I choose seem doomed...doomed I say, cue dramatic music and thunder, possibly some creepy laughter. In the 70's I had the choice between the Dees and Blues...chose Dees. 80's choice between Niners and Bengals chose Bengals. My NBL team went bust after not making the playoffs once. Man united is my shining light, but I didn't have a choice in that one, as my grandfather was a Red Devil nutter...lots of baby photos with me in United kit... Not pretty lol

When I choose I could be a jinx. I apologise to my fellow Dees :)

Only four weeks whooohoooo.

Ha! It's weird how one ends up choosing their sporting teams. Each story is different in it's own way.

With the Packers, I just liked the name. Knew nothing of their history, colours, Lombardi or the fact that the team is owned by their fans - I got very lucky.

Those 49ers should be thereabouts for a number of years. They've got all the pieces including a really good coach and QB. They'll be the team to beat this year you'd reckon.

Before I started following the Packers, I really only knew about one player - Joe Montana. 'Joe cool' was an absolute star.

• Like 1

Ha! It's weird how one ends up choosing their sporting teams. Each story is different in it's own way.

With the Packers, I just liked the name. Knew nothing of their history, colours, Lombardi or the fact that the team is owned by their fans - I got very lucky.

Those 49ers should be thereabouts for a number of years. They've got all the pieces including a really good coach and QB. They'll be the team to beat this year you'd reckon.

Before I started following the Packers, I really only knew about one player - Joe Montana. 'Joe cool' was an absolute star.

The fates are fickle :) I preferred the Bengals helmet when watching my first game of NFL in the 81 superbowl. My only Demon supporting relative, everyone else was a Blue, took me to the G to see my first live game and got me into the rooms after the game. After that I was hooked. Yes...well I certainly learned about Joe Cool...sob :)

• Like 1

I think Joe Montana was the Micheal Jordan for us international fans. I didn't know anything about the sport but all I knew was he was a superstar. I should be a niners fan but once I got into the sport I saw Randal Cunningham throw bombs all day to a Rookie Randy Moss and Cris Carter and a crazy DT in John Randle. After that I was hooked. I think the superbowl is the Bronco's to lose this year.

I played a bit myself, but I wasn't very good :) due to numbers I played both ways as a lineman. I was always giving up penalties on the offensive side, just never got the hang of not dragging people down with my hands lol

I played left outside linebacker and full back on offence. So I got to smash holes and smash the quarterback!!!

The fates are fickle :) I preferred the Bengals helmet when watching my first game of NFL in the 81 superbowl. My only Demon supporting relative, everyone else was a Blue, took me to the G to see my first live game and got me into the rooms after the game. After that I was hooked. Yes...well I certainly learned about Joe Cool...sob :)

I see Chris Carter has tipped the Bengals to do well this season. He went on to say that Dalton is judged too harshly and that the Cinci receiving team are underrated.

Mark Schlereth reckons the Cowboys will be a bust. Too many chiefs was mentioned. However, Dallas can be a dangerous opponent. On their day, they can beat anyone.

There's a number of teams that can rise up in the standings. I'm almost certain that the Eagles and KC will get a lot more wins. A few of the more fancied teams have tough schedules. As usual, the NFC East will be a division to watch. Outside of the NFC North, it's my favourite division to watch in terms of fierce divisional match-ups (although the NFC West is now a strong division)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing the Seahawks and niners go at it again. I think they play week 2. Both teams just don't get along at all. I wouldn't mind seeing Seattle going for hail mary plays in the last quarter when winning by 21 points. Harbaugh may murder Pete Carroll. This is becoming a massive rivalry and both teams are pretty damn good.

I hope the niners and Seattle are crap and don't win a game all year.

I could say the same for the bears and packers. Damn tough divisions we are stuck in.

• Like 1

With my old 'friends' the Packers being the only publicly owned team they announce their profits. They just announced a 54.3 million dollar profit! Total revenue was 308 million! Could the Packers pay for our new coach with some spare change?

• Like 2