• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000443523/Week-15-Johnny-Manziel-highlights

All that hype. It reminds me not to ever get over excited about any Melbourne recruit until they start playing.

• Like 1

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000443523/Week-15-Johnny-Manziel-highlights

All that hype. It reminds me not to ever get over excited about any Melbourne recruit until they start playing.

I'd still take him at Eagles. lol

• Like 1

To have a chance for the playoffs, KC will have to win @ Pittsburgh next week. In fact, I believe if the Chiefs win out, they'll get a wild-card (the playoff machine is getting a big big workout)

Correct. We have to win at Pittsburgh this week AND at home against San Diego the following week. It's a simple scenario for KC: win both games and we are guaranteed a playoff spot. Lose one and to make it we are relying on a set of miracles so remote there's more chance of Halley's Comet coming early and careening into Arrowhead Stadium. I don't think we'll make it, but this week is the big one. If we can win at Pittsburgh and San Diego lose at San Fran, the Chargers will be coming to KC in week 17 with nothing to play for. Anyway, I'll get in early with some exceptionally boring picks:

Philadelphia

Green Bay

New England

• Like 1

Correct. We have to win at Pittsburgh this week AND at home against San Diego the following week. It's a simple scenario for KC: win both games and we are guaranteed a playoff spot. Lose one and to make it we are relying on a set of miracles so remote there's more chance of Halley's Comet coming early and careening into Arrowhead Stadium. I don't think we'll make it, but this week is the big one. If we can win at Pittsburgh and San Diego lose at San Fran, the Chargers will be coming to KC in week 17 with nothing to play for. Anyway, I'll get in early with some exceptionally boring picks:

Philadelphia

Green Bay

New England

I reckon you'll beat the steelers.. They've been hot & cold all year, there due for one of there average performances.. Might back KC at $2.60. While were on KC, pantaloons, I heard a remarkable stat last week that KC havnt thrown a TD to a WR since week 14 LAST season, that's unbelievable Edited by JV7

Anyone see today's game ? Was cutler that bad ? Ray Lewis on post game just then looked like he wanted cutlers blood, tore shreds off him

Cutler is bad but his team mates don't help at all. Receivers not running the correct routes and a offensive line that couldn't protect their own shoelaces are to blame as well. Add a defense that gets torn to shreds and it's a nightmare for not just Cutler but everyone at Chicago. Cutler's contract will keep him there, Trestman is gone and if they hadn't fired Lovie Smith they would probably hire him in a few weeks.

I reckon you'll beat the steelers.. They've been hot & cold all year, there due for one of there average performances.. Might back KC at $2.60. While were on KC, pantaloons, I heard a remarkable stat last week that KC havnt thrown a TD to a WR since week 14 LAST season, that's unbelievable

Yeah - it's quite bizarre. The strangest part to me is the decline of Dwayne Bowe. Just a couple of years ago (right before he signed a hefty five year deal of course) he'd been putting up some serious WR numbers and was a genuine threat. He's still our best WR, clearly, but just hasn't found his way into the endzone this year. Smith is still finding scoring targets though. When Charles isn't running it in, Smith is finding he or Davis, or TEs Fasano or Kelce for scores.

Certainly, I wouldn't be recommending putting your hard-earned on us this week, but we have been nothing if not honest against good opposition this year. We've only had two poor performances this season (vs Tennessee and at Oakland) and they will likely cost us our season. I'm excited about this week. I'm not expecting a win, but I give us a 38% chance. And you're right - they've been hot and cold, with some woeful home efforts. I was happy they won yesterday for that reason.

They're saying DeMarco Murray may miss at least a week with his broken left hand (4th metacarpal) ... apparently this type of injury is often at least a 3 week injury. Considering his influence, the Cowboys are going to miss him a lot (if he misses any games)

It was going to be hard enough for Dallas to beat the Colts anyway ... the door might have opened up a bit more for the Eagles (who would hold the tie break over Dallas in the NFC East in the event that both teams end up on 10 or 11 wins)

... RB DeMarco Murray has hand surgery

Could you imagine if they blew these last two games. I don't think it will happen as Indy seem out of sync at the moment. But my god it would be funny to see the look on the face of jerry jones as they blow another playoff chance.

... and if the Packers lose to Detroit in week 17 we could miss the playoffs altogether (and that's factoring in that Green Bay do defeat Tampa next week)

It's actually in the Packers best interest for Dallas to win the NFC East (they'd need to be 1 clear win ahead of the Eagles for that to happen) The Packers would then win the tiebreak over the Eagles in a wild-card situation if both teams finished on the same amount of wins.

Arizona have clinched a playoff berth for those who may not have been aware. They'll either win the NFC West or they'll secure a wild-card spot.

Edited by Macca

... and if the Packers lose to Detroit in week 17 we could miss the playoffs altogether (and that's factoring in that Green Bay do defeat Tampa next week)

It's actually in the Packers best interest for Dallas to win the NFC East (they'd need to be 1 clear win ahead of the Eagles for that to happen) The Packers would then win the tiebreak over the Eagles in a wild-card situation if both teams finished on the same amount of wins.

Arizona have clinched a playoff berth for those who may not have been aware. They'll either win the NFC West or they'll secure a wild-card spot.

It's crazy to think how far down teams can slip from number 1 seeds to wild card births. It would be a massive shock and a bit strange not to have Green Bay in the playoffs. Rodgers is close to mvp but another game like the buffalo effort and it's no playoffs. It's a good get out for me when Green Bay go deep into the playoffs when someone wants to give it to me about Minnesota.

It's crazy to think how far down teams can slip from number 1 seeds to wild card births. It would be a massive shock and a bit strange not to have Green Bay in the playoffs. Rodgers is close to mvp but another game like the buffalo effort and it's no playoffs. It's a good get out for me when Green Bay go deep into the playoffs when someone wants to give it to me about Minnesota.

The reality is that we've seen 6 good teams go about it in 3 NFC divisions (it was 7 teams until the 49ers dropped away) Apart from Arizona, one of the other 5 teams is gonna miss out. Maybe losing to Buffalo is the wake up call that the Packers needed - if we win our last 2 we'll at least get the 2 seed I believe. If we drop another one and miss out - so be it.

If I was to analyse the season we've at times been really good but only really at home ... we've had 4 poor losses on the road and we were lucky to defeat the Jets & Miami. It hasn't been a "great" year but we could say that about nearly all the contenders.

Seattle & New England look likely but it wouldn't surprise me greatly if the Super Bowl match-up is 2 entirely different teams. I'm reminded that the Ravens won in New England on the way to their SB triumph and Dallas won in Seattle earlier this season.

As we all know, anything can happen on the day.

Edited by Macca

The reality is that we've seen 6 good teams go about it in 3 NFC divisions (it was 7 teams until the 49ers dropped away) Apart from Arizona, one of the other 5 teams is gonna miss out. Maybe losing to Buffalo is the wake up call that the Packers needed - if we win our last 2 we'll at least get the 2 seed I believe. If we drop another one and miss out - so be it.

If I was to analyse the season we've at times been really good but only really at home ... we've had 4 poor losses on the road and we were lucky to defeat the Jets & Miami. It hasn't been a "great" year but we could say that about nearly all the contenders.

Seattle & New England look likely but it wouldn't surprise me greatly if the Super Bowl match-up is 2 entirely different teams. I'm reminded that the Ravens won in New England on the way to their SB triumph and Dallas won in Seattle earlier this season.

As we all know, anything can happen on the day.

I'd still be surprised if you didn't win a playoff or two. But the number 1 seed is huge for you, and you may have lost it with that loss. I don't see how anyone can beat you at Lambeau but at Seattle, or even at Arizona, I reckon you're on par with your rivals (though Arizona being forced to start Lindley at QB changes things a bit).

Seattle v Arizona is enormous - if Seattle wins they probably firm for the number 1 seed and if they get it, will they lose? Probably not. Meanwhile if Arizona wins they clinch a first-week bye and, possibly more importantly, Seattle will be forced to go on the road repeatedly to make the Superbowl. Could change everything.

I'd still be surprised if you didn't win a playoff or two. But the number 1 seed is huge for you, and you may have lost it with that loss. I don't see how anyone can beat you at Lambeau but at Seattle, or even at Arizona, I reckon you're on par with your rivals (though Arizona being forced to start Lindley at QB changes things a bit).

Seattle v Arizona is enormous - if Seattle wins they probably firm for the number 1 seed and if they get it, will they lose? Probably not. Meanwhile if Arizona wins they clinch a first-week bye and, possibly more importantly, Seattle will be forced to go on the road repeatedly to make the Superbowl. Could change everything.

If Seattle are on their game, they should win comfortably ... stop Arizona's running game (which isn't great anyway) and force Lindley to throw the ball (Sherman could have a field day)

On top of that, Seattle are starting to hit their straps ... I can't see them losing. Seattle's passing game is their weakness (31st in yards) so the only real chance for Arizona is to stop the Seattle run - trouble is, that's easier said than done ... Seattle lead the league in rushing yards quite comfortably - against that, Arizona have the 6th best rushing defense.

In the end, if it comes down to Lindley vs Wilson, Wilson wins easily.

As for the Packers, I've got my fingers crossed!

Same with Eagles. Lose games to Cowboys and Seattle, (one of which they beat the week before) and they're basically out of the hunt in a lot of peoples' eyes.

I dunno if they WILL make the playoffs, but they certainly deserve to, the Eagles. We all know the situation with playoffs and qualifying etc... I'm still comfortable with it even though my team is sitting outside the 6. I definitely think they need to reseed after teams have qualified, that has to happen soon surely. Saints should definitely be made to play away.

In my mind it should be set up in such a way that your results against other playoff teams in your conference during the season decides where you stand in seeding. ie, Let's say the Eagles finish the season 12-4, and the 49ers finish 10-6, but the Eagles lost to the 49ers in their matchup during the season. The 49ers would get a higher seeding, and it would add weight to individual games. Also it would weaken the position of teams who won a lot against sub-standard squads. I'm sure it's been mentioned in NFL circles, but why couldn't your playoff-team-record be given more importance? If you went on that system it would be as it stands now:

Arizona, Detroit, Dallas and Seattle all have 2-1 records against fellow NFC playoff teams. New Orleans (1-2) and Green Bay (2-1) would then be wildcards.

As for the Eagles, there's no doubt in my mind they're a better team than Dallas. They have a comparable offense, with Dallas having 3 big stars, and Eagles running better plays quicker. Then the Eagles D is better, IMO, than Dallas. In their two games the Eagles outscored Dallas 60-48 which suggests to me they're ahead by a bit. And going by what I've seen, I think they have the better overall team. It would be a shame to see the Eagles out, and that's not bias. I think they've earned it. Having said that, so has Dallas. They've had a tremendous year, and should be in the final dance. Would be a perfect finish if the two teams could meet in a wild card game, after splitting their games so far in the regular season.

I dunno if they WILL make the playoffs, but they certainly deserve to, the Eagles. We all know the situation with playoffs and qualifying etc... I'm still comfortable with it even though my team is sitting outside the 6. I definitely think they need to reseed after teams have qualified, that has to happen soon surely. Saints should definitely be made to play away.

In my mind it should be set up in such a way that your results against other playoff teams in your conference during the season decides where you stand in seeding. ie, Let's say the Eagles finish the season 12-4, and the 49ers finish 10-6, but the Eagles lost to the 49ers in their matchup during the season. The 49ers would get a higher seeding, and it would add weight to individual games. Also it would weaken the position of teams who won a lot against sub-standard squads. I'm sure it's been mentioned in NFL circles, but why couldn't your playoff-team-record be given more importance? If you went on that system it would be as it stands now:

Arizona, Detroit, Dallas and Seattle all have 2-1 records against fellow NFC playoff teams. New Orleans (1-2) and Green Bay (2-1) would then be wildcards.

As for the Eagles, there's no doubt in my mind they're a better team than Dallas. They have a comparable offense, with Dallas having 3 big stars, and Eagles running better plays quicker. Then the Eagles D is better, IMO, than Dallas. In their two games the Eagles outscored Dallas 60-48 which suggests to me they're ahead by a bit. And going by what I've seen, I think they have the better overall team. It would be a shame to see the Eagles out, and that's not bias. I think they've earned it. Having said that, so has Dallas. They've had a tremendous year, and should be in the final dance. Would be a perfect finish if the two teams could meet in a wild card game, after splitting their games so far in the regular season.

I agree with you on seeding after the playoff teams have been decided. I do like the system on getting into the playoffs though. It creates such a high importance on division wins. Your eagles absolutely deserve a playoff spot. They have been pretty solid all year even after Foles went down. It seems to be the way in the NFL a bit especially in your division. When the Skins,Boys and Giants are all trash you have walked into the playoffs and may not have deserved the spot as much. This year you have fought all year and may miss out. It's the same with the Packers.

Apart from the BS Report with Cousin Sal, Bill Simmons conducted a podcast with Larry David last week ... aside from chatting about the 'Seinfeld' and 'Curb your Enthusiasm' days, Larry has a few things to say about sports in general (including some interesting thoughts about his NFL team - the Jets) ... BS Report with Larry David

Friday

12.30pm Tennessee 2/12 at Jacksonville 2/12 (ESPN)

Sunday

8.30am Philadelphia 9/5 at Washington 3/11 (ESPN)

12.30pm San Diego 8/6 at San Francisco 7/7 (ESPN)

Monday

5.00am - 11.30am RedZone (ESPN)

5.00am Kansas City 8/6 at Pittsburgh 9/5 (7mate)

8.30am Indianapolis 10/4 at Dallas 10/4 (7mate)

12.30pm Seattle 10/4 at Arizona 11/3 (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Denver 11/3 at Cincinnati 9/4/1 (ESPN)

All the week 16 games (remembering that this week we play for 1 point in the comp but week 17 carries 3 points)

Leaderboard

4 - Dappa Dan

3 - JV7, Go the Biff, Georgiou R. R. Martin

2 - pantaloons, Macca

1 - cowboy_from_hell, Gorgoroth

Edited by Macca