NFL

Dappa Dan

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cards, Rams, Bills

If Bills/Titans is postponed then I'll take

Cards, Rams, Panthers

We're still trying to figure out what to do re any postponed games but having a sub game probably won't be in operation.  It becomes too cumbersome to moderate especially if another random game is also postponed (like the Cards or Rams game that you've included)

As we know,  COVID-19 can strike randomly and without notice. 

So just the 3 picks and if a game or games are postponed we either wait for the result of the games to be played at later date,  count the game as a win or award half points if one's other picks are successful

It's damn annoying because a simple & easy comp becomes complicated and difficult to operate

However,  I reckon the Americans might adopt 'The Show Must Go On' as a default mode.  So we may not see many games being postponed for very long anyway

And if that happens,  we just wait for the weeks games to be completed.  I like your initiative though!  Be good if your J.E.T.S could show a bit of initiative hey?

• Like 1

As it turned out the Bills game was the trap game and caught a lot of us out.  So no one picked up any points in a week where only 5 road teams won (but who was ever going to pick the Raiders or the Dolphins!) 

Only the 1 point on offer for week 6 but any points are valuable of course.  And with regards to any future postponed games,  it might be best to wait & see or just wait things out

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

4 - Gorgoroth,  Clintosaurus,  Go the Biff,  titan_uranus,  DeeSpencer

2 - Dee Zephyr,  DemonDave,  Macca

1 - Layzie,  JV7,  Dr. Gonzo

image.png.6f21f0c888bfc24b0d78972f8ca54c7b.png

Ravens, Packers, Rams for me.

49ers are cooked, I fear.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:48 PM, Gorgoroth said:

Vikings go for it and fail When the FG puts them up by 8, give up a4th and 10 and seattle win.

PS the last play the arm was coming forward and was a bad call/review.

Seattle should be 4-1 and instead are 5-0... [censored] I hate Seattle.

Me too.

So much.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

@Dr. Gonzo  @DeeSpencer  @Dappa Dan

Tipping Comp

4 - Gorgoroth,  Clintosaurus,  Go the Biff,  titan_uranus,  DeeSpencer

2 - Dee Zephyr,  DemonDave,  Macca

1 - Layzie,  JV7,  Dr. Gonzo

image.png.6f21f0c888bfc24b0d78972f8ca54c7b.png

Tackling especially behind the line was putrid. 

Goff was super putrid and threw it to the most horrible areas.

The gaps in the secondary could have put the titanic. The amount of long gains the niners did is a massive kick in the guts. And the fact it happened time after time in the first half is an indictment of the defensive coaches and McVay who left cover zero which the niners were using with glee.

Another missed PAT mean slowman must be cut. Can’t continually do miss FG and PAT. 

Havent even hot Garropollo all night,

Donald has been irrelevant.

Niners I hate to say it have been immense.  Their game plan has torn us apart like Fisher was still in charge.

Second half

Whitworth with a false start when they had 12 on the field, 3&1 would have become a first down and instead becomes 3&6 that turns into FG. Massive penalty.

Mostert injury? Could be massive. 

3 and out. Good stop.

Still can’t get the run game going.

Kupp open and couldn’t get the ball in his sight and hits the finger tips. If he sees it, he scores.

Henderson gets us going big time, gets injured 1 yard out.

Kupp drops catch in end zone. Costs us a TD, next throw interception... sigh

Another 3 and out, D stepping up. Easier without Mostert. 

Big catch by Reynolds for the TD. 3 mins to go

Need a takeaway

Samuel gets hit 5 yards short then ploughed through like we didn’t even try and tackle him. Game over.

Another putrid start, another game where Goff is putrid early and the defensive tackling is nom existent. Seriously, who ever is the tackling coach should be shatter along with Slowman.

Shanahan has a plan and it was implemented to perfection. Sure a few little things like Kupp having his worst game ever helps but no way we deserved to win.

2 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Donald has been irrelevant.

That was one of the least imposing games I've seen Donald play Gorgoroth. I assume he has been better than that for the rest of the season? Havent seen any Rams games to gauge his form.

Both QBs missed some horrible open throws.

It was a bit more of the 49ers of 2019 today, plenty of run yards from Mostert, and plenty of YAC, particularly from that huge Kittle play.

Just need the Seahawks to get beaten to make the division even more interesting!

22 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

@DemonDave

Donald has been in career best form pretty much. Tbh our D has been quite good, weakness has been the run defence and tackling. But you guys seriously carved our D up.

I've been flat out lately and only managed to watch the second half where it seemed none of the eventful stuff really happened. 

What was going on with Donald Gorg? He was getting bossed by Tomlinson who is at best an average guard.

It seemed like Jimmy answered after his coach killer performance last week against the Dolphins. Yards after catch do pad his stats a bit but I think he did what he had to do. I'd love to know what Kyle is thinking right now because I don't think he can fully trust any of his QBs. If a reasonable trade for Matt Ryan came up it would at very least be something to think about, not that it would. 

Obviously didn't see Kupp in the first half but that was definitely below par from what I saw.

@layzie near the end of the half they gave the stat that The ave pass by niners was -2.2yrds so the ball was coming out before Donald had a chance to get near the QB. And Mostert sliced us hard. Which in turns makes the D line hold their rush to protect from the run. 
In regard to Kupp, he had a bad game, never seen him play that bad and I hope he never does again. His hands are usually money. But on the night like others he was off his game. If he catches either of the big plays that may have swung momentum but he didn’t. And Whitworth false starting when a few yards out and not being set when you had 12 on the field hurt bad. 
if you asked two players I’d trust the most it would be those two and Donald. All 3 were not at their best.