Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

why don't you have a crack at answering the question i just asked E25 - it was a response to his earlier post that said exactly what you have just repeated

Perhaps you can redirect the question to me personally. What was it again?

And E25's words are not exactly what I've said. Perhaps we have different ways to get to similar opinions.

Sad to see some supporters still putting Bruce above our club just to make a point. Defending this guy to the death when he abandoned us to play for a club that just loves humiliating us.

The last time I was on this thread it was a different topic but if we are judging the career of Cam Bruce - I will say he was an elite runner with adequate skills who could definitely go forward a kick a goal, go back and do a job, go to a wing and find the footy. A bit of a jack of all trades, master of you know what...

But he was a very good accumulator of possies and that is/was valuable.

He was on serious coin, which was no fault of his - we had to pay somebody. In terms of value for money...

That's a misnomer too, in that whether you come 1st or last you have to pay 92.5% of around $8m. So the value for money changes as the ladder changes.

Last word: Could have been anything if it wasn't for Guerra. Great three weeks (8 BW votes) and never recaptured his ability to get the hard ball after that.

Last word: Could have been anything if it wasn't for Guerra. Great three weeks (8 BW votes) and never recaptured his ability to get the hard ball after that.

I would put this comment on his footballing tombstone.

maybe we did have a shyzen list, it was still average though, 5 finals appearances out of 10.. nevertheless do you agree that nobody, apart from Neitz, Macca and Green, has contributed more to the club in the last 10 years? If you don't agree name the other players

Aaron Davey and Jeff White.

Others only don't make this list because they don't spam enough of the specific time period.

Bruce goes in a similar box to Robertson, who by the end of his career I despised.

He wasn't 31 in 2007 he is now.

If you want me to spell it out for you, he is or was at least was our highest paid player and he was still going to be in the highest bracket if he had signed on for another year. Well, if you look at the last three years he has gone from 1st to 3rd to 6th in the B&F and his form would conceivably have gone down hill this year, so how should the club treat someone in that situation?

Gee, isn't 31 really old!!!!!Time for age pension?

No need to clutch at straws. I didn't say corruption. Only said "saving face". The club got mutton when they thought they were buying lamb. Dressing mutton as lamb to justify the price.

Have the courtesy to read carefully what you said and don't try and worm your way out by attempting to change to 'saving face'. You didn't use the word corruption but you certainly implied it. What's with the 'america' bit by the way? Don't tell me you are a yank. You are the one clutching at straws to be frank.

Bobby .. If as you assert Cuddles didn't show Cam the love then why the charade at seasons end ?

Do you contend it really was indignity towards Junior (and I'll contend by that to himself also) at the end that caused him to walk ?

Would you have that Bruce( if possible in the proxy of Nixon) was not already of the mind to leave the club mid season ?

Do you think he was hard done by ?

Do you think he (CB) would / ought to be playing 2012/2013 , if fit, for the Dees ?

Right let's answer your Q's

1. At no point have I said that CC caused Cam to go. I merely stated that in my one short meeting with Connolly he was abrasive and off hand. Please read my post if you doubt this.

2. Junior was a mate and Bruce was not pleased at our dismissal of junior. Btw remember my belief, he didn't just walk as many would believe. There is far more to it that none of us and the media have a clue about. I guess it will come out one day.

3. No, he played his guts out in the last half of the season. Why would he bother if he was off to Hawthorn? He even picked up 2 Brownlow votes in the last game.

4. Definitely yes.

5. Barring serious injury he could have still been playing for the Dees for at least the next 3 years. He is a very, very fit guy. Even his bashers can't dispute that. Our self inflicted loss of experience is going to show next season. Don't expect any more than 7- 8 wins. Hope I'm very wrong here.

Gee, isn't 31 really old!!!!!Time for age pension?

Don't be such a dill.

How do other clubs treat their over 30 players, I dare say the same as we do and the reason for that is that form can drop off dramatically from year to year once they reach that age. How many players have gone on one year too many and how many who have been forced to retire come to realise years later that it was for the best. If you don't understand that then you don't understand the nature of our game.

You obsession with Cam is unhealthy; are you related? Let it go he has gone and is now part of the enemy.

Perhaps you can redirect the question to me personally. What was it again?

And E25's words are not exactly what I've said. Perhaps we have different ways to get to similar opinions.

Sad to see some supporters still putting Bruce above our club just to make a point. Defending this guy to the death when he abandoned us to play for a club that just loves humiliating us.

The question was directly above your post

Nobody is putting Bruce before the club. My personal opinion is that the club stuffed up and we would have been better off having him around for another couple, but I don't know the facts so I back the club as they have done almost every other thing right since Bails/Connolly/Schwab/Stynes came in. What I am arguing now is the ridiculous revisionism that goes on when people talk about Bruce's career. Even his biggest detractor can only name 5 players better than him in the last decade ffs

Aaron Davey and Jeff White.

Others only don't make this list because they don't spam enough of the specific time period.

Bruce goes in a similar box to Robertson, who by the end of his career I despised.

You can't name Davey (3 top10s vs Bruce's 10) but obviously AD has several good years left. White... surely not.. prime ruckman of the comp for a little bit...

In any case you have now agreed Bruce is the 6th best player of the decade, a bloke you called "a pathetic excuse for a footballer"

You can't name Davey (3 top10s vs Bruce's 10) but obviously AD has several good years left. White... surely not.. prime ruckman of the comp for a little bit...

In any case you have now agreed Bruce is the 6th best player of the decade, a bloke you called "a pathetic excuse for a footballer"

A bad attack of hyperbole is generally a sign of argumentative desperation

Stupid comments like that are not worthy of argument

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Mid-Season Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected Western Australian key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 205

TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

… meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 198

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 401
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 12

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 12 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 12

• Match Preview      

TROUBLE by The Oracle

This week’s round involves the first of the second group of byes in 2024 and added attention to the two teams fighting for ascendancy in the logjam of clubs in the race for one of the competition’s vital top four spots ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 30

• 2024 Midseason Draft  

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Midseason Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 29

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Training  

Tuesday, 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The boys dissected the clinical victory over the Saints lauding the Masterclass of Max Gawn & praising our defence ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 28

• Casey Report      

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Match Report      

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

... meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 27

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a wasteful first half the Demons cruised to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020 ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Next Match 

Round 12

vs   

Sunday 2nd June 2024
    @ 01:00pm (TP)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics