• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Forum Footy Lightning Premiership - October 10

rollinson 65

Rollo reports a convincing victory for Demonland/Demonology against Saintsational - 10.15.75 to 0.3.3.

Goals to smita(2), scotty the ruckman, melbournefc, scotty the rover, deemitch, steve, wise, gus, madness.

Bomber Blitz defeated Nick's Magpie Bulletin Board by 7 points. Waiting for the Grand Final Results v Bomber Blitz.

Update: Dees have it well in hand at half time in the Grand Final with a 33 point lead.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And off Supermercado's twitter:

Maigod, I did the worst kick-in ever in footy. Impossible to describe in words.

Some bloke tried to top it in the Saints/Pies game, but alas the title is mine forever.

Thanks to everybody else for being good, now I really am retiring to the commentary booth.

thanks to WJ for passing on the game details...

we hit a snag at the start, arriving to find a game (planned between two police teams) about to start...

all sites agreed to wait it out, a boring and one-sided affair...

the sainters turned up with only half a team, but all the other sites had good numbers...

As reported above, the dons beat the pies in an entertaining first game by 7 points...

We then beat the sainters (beefed up with players from the pies and the dons) 75 points to 3, with goal-kickers reported above. The demonology/demonland badges donated by george-on-the-outer were awarded to the two best players - smita and charlesy. (Charlesy appears to have acquired another nickname, but it would not pass muster with the mods methinks).

We then loaned the sainters about 10 players in their losers' final against the pies. Some told me the saints won, but others told me it was a draw, 42 points apiece. Best dees player for an opposition team was awarded to scotty the rover.

Full stats for the winners' final are as follows:-

Dees 15.6.96 defeated dons 4.4.28...

Goals: charlesy 3, smita 2, wise 2, scotty the ruckman 2,gus, leo, steve, madness, scotty the rover, ucanchoose...

best player badges went to gus and the stynes factor...

many thanks to our umpires, david and libby, who also had to wait through the police game, and put in a faultless performance...

great job by wolfmother and demon revival in the coaching box, and rollo now has a whiteboard... :lol:

water-carrying efforts by tassie dee and doggo, both out with injury, also much appreciated... :wub:

one coaching tradition continues...charlesy, having kicked 3 goals in the first half in the final, was then banished to the backline for the rest of the game... :blink:

great day, great games, good company, good people...

some day (probably sooner than we think) we will lose our forum footy dominance, so let's enjoy it while we may...

A good win today fellow Dees!

Here's the YouTube link to the video - sung with plenty of gusto!

Also have it on my facebook (PM me for details) and twitter @theaussieword

:)

A good win today fellow Dees!

Here's the YouTube link to the video - sung with plenty of gusto!

Also have it on my facebook (PM me for details) and twitter @theaussieword

:)

great job, mfc... :wub:

and, btw, well-played yesterday, there was a certain maturity and certainty there we have not often see before...

hey guys im from the essendon forum and i`d just like to give a big thanks to rollo for organising sunday i really enjoy these games

on a more sour note a big F**K YOU to the melbourne guy that dumped me in a tackle after the ball spilled free while my arms were pinned and you had already been paid the free kick......its a social game of footy no need for that kind of s**t........thanks to your heroics i spent time in hospital sunday night and have had to take time off work and may need surgery on my damaged shoulder..........hope you are proud of yourself mate.......

hey guys im from the essendon forum and i`d just like to give a big thanks to rollo for organising sunday i really enjoy these games

on a more sour note a big F**K YOU to the melbourne guy that dumped me in a tackle after the ball spilled free while my arms were pinned and you had already been paid the free kick......its a social game of footy no need for that kind of s**t........thanks to your heroics i spent time in hospital sunday night and have had to take time off work and may need surgery on my damaged shoulder..........hope you are proud of yourself mate.......

I didn't see this happen, but i heard about it, I'm disappointed this happened, dunno who it was, but it's not in the usual spirit of the forum games, hope you have a speedy recovery mate...

great job, mfc... :wub:

and, btw, well-played yesterday, there was a certain maturity and certainty there we have not often see before...

No problem thanks Rollo - David & I enjoyed ourselves, and it was good that I was able to put my hand up and have a run with Saintsational against 'the filth'. It was in the spirit of the game and what social footy is all about. I was pretty impressed with my efforts too - kind of a shock really seeing as I don't play footy at all, unlike the majority of the team! Glad I nailed the first one of the day from long range for the side!

Hopefully at the next one I can organise another entourage of supporters to be matchday helpers, photographers etc (unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but the video is a ripper - a Demonland trademark).

Great job again guys, it always feels good to pull on the red and blue and pump all comers. Hopefully we can see the other video from inside the huddle aswell! Rollo I disagree we will be dominate for years to come, we need to build a legacy...

Thanks once more to Rollo, Demon Revival and Wolfmother and everyone else for helping out on the day. However I will be speaking to the coach about positions next time!

Cheers,

The Stynes Factor

I didn't see this happen, but i heard about it, I'm disappointed this happened, dunno who it was, but it's not in the usual spirit of the forum games, hope you have a speedy recovery mate...

I didn't see or hear about an incident on Sunday, but it is all over the other forums...

second the regrets and the wishes for speedy recovery, nsfc15...

also, apologies to tassie dee, I was supposed to post yesterday. Anyone who arrived home with an extra pair of sun glasses,

please post on here or send me a pm, and we can then organise to get them back to tassie dee...