A night at the Blueys

Whispering_Jack

A great result. Greeny timed his run well, there's going to be even more stiff competition in future years and he deserved to win one. When I look back over the recent past, most of our deserving players have been recognised with a Bluey win which is great. I can't readily think of a player who missed out.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best & Fairests are typically less formal than say, the Brownlow. Surely your apparent fashion nous would have realised that the dress code is not infact black tie, clearly, given that players are instructed to wear their club suit thus making the dress code 'lounge suit' at best. Zero side boob in that collection of photos, and only 2 pics that's you can actually see the hemline of so your claims of mid thigh length dresses are dubious. Jealousy is a such a curse...

Sorry to have ruined everyone's perving session.

There is a general fashion and social etiquette when it comes to those events. Even if it's not a black tie event, when a man is required to wear a suit and tie, and woman is generally required to wear a knee-length dress.

Don't get me wrong, those girls all looked hot and would look hot even if they wore a garbage bag, but that doesn't mean that some of those dresses were appropriate. Tight jersey dresses at a Crown function? Really?

If in doubt, everyone should just follow what Pia Miller does. She never puts a foot wrong demon_cool.gif

Congrats to Green who was a worthy winner. I always find it interesting to look at average votes per games played. To me this is more indicative of the player impact on the season. Below is the top 10 based on those who played 5 or more games.

1 Green 13.41

2 Frawley 13.19

3 Sylvia 11.33

4 Jamar 10.5

5 Jurrah 9.88

6 Davey 9.7

7 McDonald 9.31

8 Moloney 9.22

9 Grimes 9.21

10 Bruce 8.00

Congrats to Brad Green for a well deserved win last night.

Shattered I couldn't attend last night as I had my wedding food/wine tasting night but I went last year and it really was a fantastic night.

For anyone who's yet to attend a best & fairest night for the MFC I highly recomend.

Well done again to all the players for a much improved season!

Doh.. just did that list myself. Oh well, in full:

Vts Gms VPG

295 22 13.41 - Brad Green

277 21 13.19 - James Frawley

170 15 11.33 - Colin Sylvia

231 22 10.50 - Mark Jamar

079 08 09.88 - Liam Jurrah

194 20 09.70 - Aaron Davey

058 06 09.67 - Ricky Petterd

149 16 09.31 - James McDonald

166 18 09.22 - Brent Moloney

129 14 09.21 - Jack Grimes

168 21 08.00 - Cameron Bruce

148 19 07.79 - Jordie McKenzie

130 17 07.65 - Joel Macdonald

136 18 07.56 - Jared Rivers

149 20 07.45 - Colin Garland

133 18 07.39 - Lynden Dunn

154 21 07.33 - Tom Scully

102 15 06.80 - Matthew Bate

061 09 06.78 - Rohan Bail

020 03 06.67 - Jordan Gysberts

114 18 06.33 - Jack Trengove

132 21 06.29 - Clint Bartram

081 13 06.23 - Matthew Warnock

132 22 06.00 - Nathan Jones

112 19 05.89 - Jamie Bennell

032 06 05.33 - Neville Jetta

030 06 05.00 - Brad Miller

005 01 05.00 - Addam Maric

032 08 04.00 - Austin Wonaeamirri

055 15 03.67 - Jack Watts

022 08 02.75 - Paul Johnson

023 10 02.30 - Cale Morton

004 02 02.00 - Stefan Martin

003 02 01.50 - Danny Hughes

003 04 00.75 - Michael Newton

000 02 00.00 - Kyle Cheney

Doh.. just did that list myself. Oh well, in full:

Vts Gms VPG

295 22 13.41 - Brad Green

277 21 13.19 - James Frawley

170 15 11.33 - Colin Sylvia

231 22 10.50 - Mark Jamar

079 08 09.88 - Liam Jurrah

194 20 09.70 - Aaron Davey

058 06 09.67 - Ricky Petterd

149 16 09.31 - James McDonald

166 18 09.22 - Brent Moloney

129 14 09.21 - Jack Grimes

168 21 08.00 - Cameron Bruce

148 19 07.79 - Jordie McKenzie

130 17 07.65 - Joel Macdonald

136 18 07.56 - Jared Rivers

149 20 07.45 - Colin Garland

133 18 07.39 - Lynden Dunn

154 21 07.33 - Tom Scully

102 15 06.80 - Matthew Bate

061 09 06.78 - Rohan Bail

020 03 06.67 - Jordan Gysberts

114 18 06.33 - Jack Trengove

132 21 06.29 - Clint Bartram

081 13 06.23 - Matthew Warnock

132 22 06.00 - Nathan Jones

112 19 05.89 - Jamie Bennell

032 06 05.33 - Neville Jetta

030 06 05.00 - Brad Miller

005 01 05.00 - Addam Maric

032 08 04.00 - Austin Wonaeamirri

055 15 03.67 - Jack Watts

022 08 02.75 - Paul Johnson

023 10 02.30 - Cale Morton

004 02 02.00 - Stefan Martin

003 02 01.50 - Danny Hughes

003 04 00.75 - Michael Newton

000 02 00.00 - Kyle Cheney

Top 22 players according to vote averages per game in B&F in bold above.

Edited by Grimes to Watts

Congratulations Brad Green.

And great efforts by Chip and Russian.

From the photos, Spencer should be retained and elevated to the main list.

and added onto the leadership group as well.

There is a general fashion and social etiquette when it comes to those events. Even if it's not a black tie event, when a man is required to wear a suit and tie, and woman is generally required to wear a knee-length dress.

Don't get me wrong, those girls all looked hot and would look hot even if they wore a garbage bag, but that doesn't mean that some of those dresses were appropriate. Tight jersey dresses at a Crown function? Really?

If in doubt, everyone should just follow what Pia Miller does. She never puts a foot wrong demon_cool.gif

Hmmmm, this was the 2010 B&F was it not?

Congrats to Green who was a worthy winner. I always find it interesting to look at average votes per games played. To me this is more indicative of the player impact on the season. Below is the top 10 based on those who played 5 or more games.

1 Green 13.41

2 Frawley 13.19

3 Sylvia 11.33

4 Jamar 10.5

5 Jurrah 9.88

6 Davey 9.7

7 McDonald 9.31

8 Moloney 9.22

9 Grimes 9.21

10 Bruce 8.00

Where is the full list available?

Interesting Jonesy plays all 22 games and doesn't make top 10

Anyone know where he finished?

Hadn't thought of that. In his defence, I reckon over half those games he was tagging, which means vote-wise he might as well have not been playing.

Thing is, he's actually not that great as a tagger, and is still getting better at the role.

Sorry guys - the first part of this post will be VERY GIRLY but I have to disagree Jaded... Pia's dress photographed beautifully but IMO it looked less than impressive (read CHEAP) in real life. I've seen her dressed better than she was last night... But she is always lovely and gracious and so we'll let it slide!

As for social etiquette at these events, I really think anything goes and it's about what makes you happy and feel confident!

Leaving the fashion aside (IMO too much black - COLOUR IS BACK)...

It was a fantastic night and an amazing celebration of how far we've come as a club!

Highlights for me included:

The Jamar, Rivers and Moloney Single Ladies Parody - Hilarious, booty-shaking at its finest (or, at least, some fine booties to perv on)!

The dessert course... YUM!

post-6160-128348074813_thumb.jpg

A very heartfelt speech by our retiring captain Jimmy Mac - ♥ him!

An amazing highlights reel - loved reliving the season and especially the Mark and Goal of the Year Winners!

And, of course, the opportunity to recognise the outstanding work of our players in bringing this club back to its best! The winners were truly deserving (especially Tommy Boy ♥♥♥ but then I am slightly biased)!

Melbourne - First, Finest, Forever! ;)

Edited by True GRITs

How are votes given?

• No of voters
  • Value of votes
  • No of players per voter

Posted this last year.

Seems to be the same - head coach, fwd-mid-bck coaches & dev coach. Max vote of 4. Only difference seems that the end result is not divided by the number of voters hence the higher scores.

Hadn't thought of that. In his defence, I reckon over half those games he was tagging, which means vote-wise he might as well have not been playing.

Thing is, he's actually not that great as a tagger, and is still getting better at the role.

Turns out he finished 24th, not in top 22! And after full 22 games.

He'd be disappointed in that especially as votes were awarded by FD, maybe suggesting he didn't follow instructions

I certainly thought he would have polled better

Lends some support of that other rumour . . . . ?

He'd be disappointed in that especially as votes were awarded by FD, maybe suggesting he didn't follow instructions

Tagging would not affect his voting - better than the rest of us those who vote know what is asked of the players any given week.

Damian Barrett said Jones had asked for a meeting with the coach to discuss his future - and whether he is needed - looks like that could be right on the money.

Congrats to Greeny, Frawls and the Russian - all richly deserved their recognition.

Gotta worry a bit about Jones and Cale - I reckon both are needed: Jones for his terrific attitude and grit, especially with JMac finishing, and Cale for his potential.

Incidentally, a good year for JMac - 10ths and having missed a third of the year.

Anyone have a good explanation for us moving him on?

Edited by pitmaster

Thanks for the updates everyone! And well done to the winners.

Why is it that Kyle Cheney is listed in the full list, played 2 games but scored no votes, yet James Strauss did not rate a mention for the same output?

It even states on the official MFC review of the votes Bluey2010 that Strauss did not play a game in 2010! Come on we know it was a long time ago Rounds 1 and 2 but give the kid a break!

Thanks for the updates everyone! And well done to the winners.

Why is it that Kyle Cheney is listed in the full list, played 2 games but scored no votes, yet James Strauss did not rate a mention for the same output?

It even states on the official MFC review of the votes Bluey2010 that Strauss did not play a game in 2010! Come on we know it was a long time ago Rounds 1 and 2 but give the kid a break!

It also states in same article that all players are given a score each round, so how come Cheney has 0 from two games?

Tagging would not affect his voting - better than the rest of us those who vote know what is asked of the players any given week.

Damian Barrett said Jones had asked for a meeting with the coach to discuss his future - and whether he is needed - looks like that could be right on the money.

Congrats to Greeny, Frawls and the Russian - all richly deserved their recognition.

Gotta worry a bit about Jones and Cale - I reckon both are needed: Jones for his terrific attitude and grit, especially with JMac finishing, and Cale for his potential.

Only one is needed for mine. I would not be suprised to see Jones elsewhere next year. Cale has a huge amount of upside but I struggle to see where Jones development comes from and how he would develop at a greater rate than those younger than him ie: Gysberts, McKenzie, Blease etc....

Jones finished equal 13th with Bartram. He was 24th on votes per game.

Only one is needed for mine. I would not be suprised to see Jones elsewhere next year. Cale has a huge amount of upside but I struggle to see where Jones development comes from and how he would develop at a greater rate than those younger than him ie: Gysberts, McKenzie, Blease etc....

Not sure that trading Jones is the right move just yet, especially when so much of our young midfield is unproven. Scully, Trengove and Jordie are the only ones who have really had any real exposure to the ones. Gysberts was awesome in his first two games but surely we should see a bit more of these kids before we move on a consistently good (if limited) player who is only 22!

Plus every premiership team has a few grunt players like Jones. I think he'd thrive in a finals atmosphere.

I don't see Jones' currency ever being higher than it is now.

If we are going to trade him, now would be the time to do it.

(as much as I'd be loathe to, I trust the footy dept in this aspect. They have a good track record in recent times.)