Guerra suspended

e25

Bruce is happy about Guerra not playing!

Yep, he'll be able to concentrate on getting his hands on the pill instead of looking over his shoulder for a little bloke in a rug.

Err yeah. Dunn on Hodge. Dunn creamed Deledio who was in AA form before last week. And need I remind you kicked 5 goals of his own. Swans played Ryan O'Keefe on him last week and he stopped him. He is their most important player along with Buddy.

Here's how I see the rest:

Bruce and Sylvia to Mitchell and Burgoyne. Must stop them both. Maybe even Morton runs with Burgoyne.

Bartram to Bateman.

Warnock to Roughead.

Garland to Franklin. Stopped him in 2008 when Garland was fit and Buddy was in his 100 goal Coleman medal year.

Frawley to Lewis??

Rivers to Brown. Has the mongrel in him I reckon after watching him in the rooms boxing last week!

Our rucks need to have a big one and our fwds will be a huge problem for their backs - that is their weakest point. We simply have to create more inside 50 entries and not turn the ball over. Gibson, Ellis, Murphy, Schoenmakers are not yet up to it as a unit.

I was suggesting Dunn on Hodge because, perplexingly, it hadn't yet been suggested.

And why bring in Warnock to then struggle to find an opponent for Frawley? (Lewis-WTF?!)

I doubt our boys will underestimate the hawks, because I can't remember the last time they didn't beat us soundly.

If we can truly dominate the ruck (and I think we can) that will help a lot.

Don't underestimate their backline - Stratton has really come on and Murphy is underrated because of how poor he was in the past.

He's still handy on the mid and small sized forwards.

I was suggesting Dunn on Hodge because, perplexingly, it hadn't yet been suggested.

Given the likes of Essendon, Port & Sydney were successful at this with Hodge and Dunn's effort on Deledio. It is almost an obvious option for the Dees this week with Dunn on Hodge. With Guerra out, Brown will be back. It will be interesting to see what Clarko does with Hodge. Whether to play him more in the middle or keep him down back. Either way Dunn could go with him. Whoever does have him, should try and keep him out of the way from helping his teammates down back. Close checking and good pressure will be essential when Hawthorn look to rebound.

And what is Junior doing whilst all this is going on ? Junior has proved one of the most effective taggers / shut down we have.

In light of all these match ups I notice one trend , that all are seemingly offering the hawks the high ground and were trying to negate/ defend it. So I ask who ought to beore wary of whom. ? Our form is better. Yes we we smacked in two opening games by them but if I recall there wasn't that much in last years second game. We tired and maybe had other agendas .

I'm proffering to field an attacking setup and take it up to them to stop us. We need to get off the blocks early and you won't do that playing negative footy.

Start Dunn like last week ... Only move if things go sour

And what is Junior doing whilst all this is going on ? Junior has proved one of the most effective taggers / shut down we have.

He could lock horns with the Hawks skipper and alternate with Jones/McKenzie..?

In light of all these match ups I notice one trend , that all are seemingly offering the hawks the high ground and were trying to negate/ defend it. So I ask who ought to beore wary of whom. ? Our form is better. Yes we we smacked in two opening games by them but if I recall there wasn't that much in last years second game. We tired and maybe had other agendas .

I'm proffering to field an attacking setup and take it up to them to stop us. We need to get off the blocks early and you won't do that playing negative footy.

Start Dunn like last week ... Only move if things go sour

Last week Dunn played as a defensive forward on Deledio and beat him.

This week he should do the same with Hodge.

A defensive forward is not a tagger.

They work hard to make themselves dangerous and force their opponent to be accountable, negating their ability to be a help defender and provide run / drive.

Edited by E25

Guest fitness

Getting back to the subject of this thread... as a Demons fan it would obviously be advantageous for Guerra to be missing this week... but as a level-headed football supporter I can't understand why he was suspended in the first place. He tackled a bloke who had the ball...

Apparently he's challenging the decision and to be honest, I hope he gets off...

Last week Dunn played as a defensive forward on Deledio and beat him.

This week he should do the same with Hodge.

A defensive forward is not a tagger.

They work hard to make themselves dangerous and force their opponent to be accountable, negating their ability to be a help defender and provide run / drive.

Actually you're dead right . Dunn will probably be on hodge ... I wonder by who's design , ours or theirs :)

am i the only one who wants to see bruce on hodge, bruce is decent at shutting down players.

Maybe !! ;)

am i the only one who wants to see bruce on hodge, bruce is decent at shutting down players.

Depends.

Where is Hodge playing when Bruce is on him?

If it's on a HBF then Bruce is playing the role of a HFF - do you think that's best for the side?

You can't just tag him in that role, you need to run off Hodge into dangerous positions and force him to be accountable so he can't play his normal role.

You also need to be good enough to actually hurt him if he does decide to give you latitude.

You need to constantly be an option for your teammates so doesn't have the luxury of zoning off or concentrating on reading the play, rather he is worried about keeping up with you.

Is Bruce this player in the forward line?

I think right now it is clearly Dunn.

If Hodge plays at HFF, then Bruce could go with him, but I'd prefer other options.

If he plays in the middle then Bruce would be one of a few good options to go with Hodge.

Can't find a link just yet, but just heard it on the news - Brent Guerra suspended, 1 week with an early plea.

Should help with Cyril Rioli out too and Taylor looking very underdone (hopefully we should dominate the ruck).

your views don't count

Dunn on Hodge?

talk of match up for hodge being dunn, i hope not, only as he has been playing in the midfield more so than the backline of late, i would like to see jordie mckenzie have a crack at him with the orders of do not let him get a sniff, beat him at the hard ball and make his day a living hell, and could turn into a good match up for us, or nathan jones similar situation, if hodge does go to that defensive roll then dunn to go to him, but dunn playing on him through the midfield would be detremental to the team, unless selection thinks this will be the match up then miller may come in.

I was semi-surprised when the 50 was paid. Couldn't believe it when I heard it was worthy of 2 games.

Sanity prevails IMO.

Totally agree. Would have been bad for the game if that justified 2 weeks.

Let's beat their strongest available team and forget about getting their players suspended.