Will Morton go to Goodes?

No16

Silly comment. Fails to take into account the evidence available. Last season Morton went to Goodes and slapped him all over the park. It was his best game of the season. I'd be thrilled if he picked him up again.

Fails to take into account the evidence available..... Hmm let me see.

Goodes is in unbelievable form.

Cale hasn't seemed to progress this year.

He was well and truly beaten today and I don't believe he has a spot in our current best 22.

Lol, that's funny.

Morton kept him quiet last time and will do so again.

Lol, that's funny.

Or embarrassing.....

He was well and truly beaten today and I don't believe he has a spot in our current best 22.

Where and when was he well and truly beaten? Sure in the last quarter playing full back with little to no pressure on their midfielders Morton got carved up by Goodes.

But in the first 3 quarters especially when Goodes was in the middle it was an even battle. Both had similar possessions and Cale got forward for a goal and a goal assist as opposed to a couple of Goodes goals.

Where and when was he well and truly beaten? Sure in the last quarter playing full back with little to no pressure on their midfielders Morton got carved up by Goodes.

But in the first 3 quarters especially when Goodes was in the middle it was an even battle. Both had similar possessions and Cale got forward for a goal and a goal assist as opposed to a couple of Goodes goals.

Morton was badly beaten body on body when the ball was coming into defense, through the Air. He played well as a midfielder playing 'short', but as a 'Tall', was found to be wanting.

I was glad Bailey keep Morton on Goodes all game. I like seeing Morton have to be accountable rather than gathering easy possessions as a loose man across half back. Morton can learn a lot about what it takes to be a champion at this level from Goodes.

Morton was badly beaten body on body when the ball was coming into defense, through the Air. He played well as a midfielder playing 'short', but as a 'Tall', was found to be wanting.

True, Goodes was simply to strong. I thought overall Morton was ok, Goodes is just so explosive and efficient when he gets it. A few goals late in the game probably hurt Morton a bit.

Still need to add strength and weight to that gangly body, remember he's only 20 years of age!

Morton was edged in the head-to-head battle only by virtue of a couple of junk time goals once Roos gave up on Goodes as a damaging midfield option where Morton was breaking even.

Very little shame in a 3rd yearp player only being beaten late in the game by one of the all-time greats of the game.

Keep pushing that agenda of yours...

Morton was edged in the head-to-head battle only by virtue of a couple of junk time goals once Roos gave up on Goodes as a damaging midfield option where Morton was breaking even.

Very little shame in a 3rd yearp player only being beaten late in the game by one of the all-time greats of the game.

Pretty good summary.

Goodes was too explosive for Morton and clearly out-muscled him on occasion, but name me a player in the entire league who could have contained Goodes in the kind of form he was in... Cale certainly wasn't helped by a couple of his teammate's turnovers either (a couple of which led directly to goals by Goodes), yet he stuck at his task and managed to have an impact for us going forward.

No doubt Goodes got the points on the day, but Cale acquitted himself well and will be better for the experience of playing head-to-head on one of the competition's best. Laughable to suggest he is not in the best 22.

True, Goodes was simply to strong. I thought overall Morton was ok, Goodes is just so explosive and efficient when he gets it. A few goals late in the game probably hurt Morton a bit.

Still need to add strength and weight to that gangly body, remember he's only 20 years of age!

Yep, too strong & too skilled. Morton has so far been played as a midfielder. I don't see a future there for him in our future. No urgency or line breaking pace. Just endurance.

IMO, he has to be a tall. So he must put on weight, & learn to play as a tall.

Lol, that's funny.

Or embarrassing.....

Cale held his own for 3 quarters today against Goodes, who is in AA form ATM. He's killing everyone.

He got on top of Cale for a few junk time goals. There was no pressure in the last 10 minutes.

Oh and just look at the size of Cale, compared to Goodes.

I usually avoid the kinda conversations as they are usually pointless. But I am sucked into this one

Anyway in My opinion Cale did a good job today.

When they played in the Guts and up the ground he had the motor to run with goodes and ran off him to push forward. He got some good touches and limited goodes to have minimal impact through the centre.

So as any good coach should do, Roos move him closer to goal where his bigger body and better skills in the air could pay off. And it did with junk time goals.

But Bailey instead of putting a harder backman on Goodes let Morton learn some lessons.

1. When to put body contact on.

2. He needs more upper body strength to match it with a guy like Goodes

3. Learnt how to work your way back into a game if beaten in a different position

4. And the most import ......that Bailey has some faith in him.

I am pretty sure Bailey would be pretty happy with Cale’s game. This is the development we need from Cale to take the next step.

Also no one has seemed to mention that Jones kept Kirk to Zero impact while slotting a couple of important goals.

Abdsolutely. No shame whatsoever. Goodes in form is outstanding.

Last time I looked Adam Goodes has two Brownlow medals to his name, and is currently in Brownlow form of late.

Morton was always going to have his hands full yesterday. I thought he did ok on occassions. He can hold his head up.

This is a fail of a post, and on the whole, you are a fail of a poster.

From Scott West

Cale Morton: It was a tough job for Cale. Some games are better than any training or talking you’re going to have and this was one for Cale. It would’ve been a great learning curve for Cale to play on a dual Brownlow Medalllist in Adam Goodes. He competed hard and I don’t know if he won the duel in the end, but he did the job for us. Cale was able to get off Goodes and kick two goals. Although Goodes had a bit of the footy and kicked four goals, it was a good duel.