Boak or Gray

Dee Fan

Heard this morning on SEN that both Boak and Gray have refused to sign new contracts at Port and are looking around, we are one of the clubs that have supposedly expressed interest. It would appear that one of the more powerful clubs has indicated they don't have room in their salary cap, Boak wants $450k per year, so they have had to pass.

They mentioned that there was something about this in the HUN and The Age but I can't find any related articles.

Here is The Age article on Boak

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/port-star-in-high-demand-20100505-uaml.html

Another one from The Age

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-the-bombers-need-to-make-a-play-for-boak-20100505-uamm.html

Edited by RobbieF

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Heard this morning on SEN that both Boak and Gray have refused to sign new contracts at Port and are looking around, we are one of the clubs that have supposedly expressed interest. It would appear that one of the more powerful clubs has indicated they don't have room in their salary cap, Boak wants $450k per year, so they have had to pass.

They mentioned that there was something about this in the HUN and The Age but I can't find any related articles.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/port-star-in-high-demand-20100505-uaml.html

Another one from The Age

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-the-bombers-need-to-make-a-play-for-boak-20100505-uamm.html

Robbie Gray would be a great replacement for Ricky Bobby if he decides to go home

Robbie Gray would be a great replacement for Ricky Bobby if he decides to go home

What I was thinking, Ricky to GC, Robbie to us and a pick to Port. Everybody's happy. Prefer to keep Ricky by the way, but if he wants to go that would be and ideal scenario for us.

http://www.theage.co...00505-uaml.html

Another one from The Age

http://www.theage.co...00505-uamm.html

I'd grab Boak for sure. I'm not really familiar with Gray.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

read reviews of last weeks game for Port RE: Gray. Think he kicked 5. Maybe? I am not to sure either but seems to be an emerging talent with great goal sense. Smallish type forward. Good overhead i think.

IMO these rumours mean close to, if not exactly, nothing. Especially approaching Round 7.

As speculation however I'd be interested in Gray, seems to be amongst it the few times I've watched the "Power" play.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Wasn't there rumours of Boak wanting out of Port around trade time last year too?

Yep. I don't think that he has been happy there for a while.

read reviews of last weeks game for Port RE: Gray. Think he kicked 5. Maybe? I am not to sure either but seems to be an emerging talent with great goal sense. Smallish type forward. Good overhead i think.

I just you tubed him & saw he seems to play like a small forward style.

I think Boak has a huge running tank & we need to be involved re every good player getting around so as to have a say whether teams outpace us listwise and try to improve our list at all opportunities.

Unfortunately a player like Gray - a mid-sized, 22 year old, highly talented forward, who just kicked 5.4 with 20 touches in a big game - if he's not staying at Port, he's going to GC.

I can't imagine how any really quality players will move clubs at the end of this year outside of going to GC.

Depends on how much cash they want. I am all for strengthening our list, but over paying players is a no-no when developing a young team. We do not want to set a precedent for playing players more than their worth.

Given Bruce is off the books next year (currently our buggest money earner) we have more than enough cap room for wither PA player.

Bruce might re-sign for less, this still gives us room to buy up if we choose.

If Ricky stays on, still look at picking up the best available player.

The Gold Coast are going to be busy hunting down maligned kids from other teams. My money is Gray cashing in on the GC.

Edited by Wrathchild

Depends on how much cash they want. I am all for strengthening our list, but over paying players is a no-no when developing a young team. We do not want to set a precedent for playing players more than their worth.

Given Bruce is off the books next year (currently our buggest money earner) we have more than enough cap room for wither PA player.

The Gold Coast are going to be busy hunting down maligned kids from other teams. My money is Gray cashing in on the GC.

Haven't you heard?

Gray is victorian and by the laws of physics is desperate to return to Melbourne.

Not only that, but Port are interested in Tom MacNamara, Jamar, Rivers and Bell by virtue of them being South Australian.

Maybe we should trade Miller for Jonathan Brown..?

Haven't you heard?

Gray is victorian and by the laws of physics is desperate to return to Melbourne.

Not only that, but Port are interested in Tom MacNamara, Jamar, Rivers and Bell by virtue of them being South Australian.

Maybe we should trade Miller for Jonathan Brown..?

Miller for JB, youre crazy...

They would have to give us thier second round pick too, haha.

Bruce next year,,, I hope we keep Junior!

Boak or Gray

Two Questions:

What do supporters think we'd have to be willing to part with to get one of these players?

What would you be willing to part with for one of these players?

Using the Brock McLean trade as a guide, Boak would have to be worth quite a bit more than pick 11.

I think our first draft pick is likely to be later than that in 2010.

I wouldn't part with any of:

Grimes, Scully, Morton, Watts, Frawley, Garland, Jurrah, Trengove, Bate.

Possibly a few others.

By the end of the season that group may include McKenzie, Blease or Gysberts, but unlikely.

Gray is a different kettle of fish.

I think he might be worth a Nathan Jones or a Petterd, but not sure if I'd do the trade.

Boak and Gray are young guns ready to take off. I've asked for Gray to be traded for 2 years now so hopefully we can get him.

Gray's a jet but is very injury prone. But hey so is ricky bobby.

Love ricky bobby, get gray is class and would be an upgrade.

Gray is a different kettle of fish.

I think he might be worth a Nathan Jones or a Petterd.

Done and done. Sign on the dotted line straight away.

Boak. They'll want Trengove back. Thanks but not thanks. Boak's a v nice player but i would chase Gray.

Yeah, haven't seen enough of Gray and I'm worried I've only seen his highlights.

Nice banana from the boundary last week.

Kicks better than either of the 2 names I threw up.

I agree Boak would cost too much.

We may struggle with trades because other teams want all our gun players! (fancy that...)

Guest hangon007

Yeah, haven't seen enough of Gray and I'm worried I've only seen his highlights.

Nice banana from the boundary last week.

Kicks better than either of the 2 names I threw up.

I agree Boak would cost too much.

We may struggle with trades because other teams want all our gun players! (fancy that...)

Gray has been around for like 4 years and you have only "seen his highglights" ... hahahaha.

He played against us twice last year you numpty.

Seriously you are incredible. Thats gold!!!!

Edited by hangon007