Collingwood 4.4.28 7.7.49 9.14.68 13.22.100

Goals

Casey Scorpions Martin Stockdale 3 Jetta Nicholls 2 Hughes  Taylor

Wall

Collingwood Dawes 3 Buckley Corrie 2 Frost  Hunter McNamara O'Bree  Reed Wood 

Best

Casey Scorpions Wall Stockdale Nicholls Johnson Strauss Cheney

Collingwood Dawes Blight Sundberg O'Bree Goldsack Brown

The Scorpions were going down like nine pins at the end. Apart from Mohr who popped a shoulder and Wall who was very proppy, Tom McNamara injured his ribs early, Healy cramped in the last quarter and Danny Highes who played well today, also looked injured and was noticeably limping. In the end, the Woods were too experienced and too strong for the Scorpions whose rotations were limited and they struggled near the goals.

Jack Watts was hot and cold. Won't get promoted on that performance.

Travelling interstate tonight and will write report tomorrow night.

So we drafted him to play on the wing did we?

Great development plan

You should re read what i said

PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT = he isnt physically ready for the KPP position he will eventually play

Your kidding yourself if you think he is

You should re read what i said

PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT = he isnt physically ready for the KPP position he will eventually play

Your kidding yourself if you think he is

He is easily able to play KPP at VFL level.

Tony Notte plays KPP in the WAFL.

Hell, Westhoff plays KPP in the AFL.

Watts should be playing forwatd for Casey, and of story.

Final Result

Casey Scorpions 4.4.28 8.8.56 13.10.88 13.12.90

Collingwood 4.4.28 7.7.49 9.14.68 13.22.100

Goals

Casey Scorpions Martin Stockdale 3 Jetta Nicholls 2 Hughes Taylor

Wall

Collingwood Dawes 3 Buckley Corrie 2 Frost Hunter McNamara O'Bree Reed Wood

Best

Casey Scorpions Wall Stockdale Nicholls Johnson Strauss Cheney

Collingwood Dawes Blight Sundberg O'Bree Goldsack Brown

The Scorpions were going down like nine pins at the end. Apart from Mohr who popped a shoulder and Wall who was very proppy, Tom McNamara injured his ribs early, Healy cramped in the last quarter and Danny Highes who played well today, also looked injured and was noticeably limping. In the end, the Woods were too experienced and too strong for the Scorpions whose rotations were limited and they struggled near the goals.

Jack Watts was hot and cold. Won't get promoted on that performance.

Travelling interstate tonight and will write report tomorrow night.

KC, how did Spencer go today & did Newton play there?

What about Cheney & jetta?

Edited by dee-luded

I was at Casey behind the goals at one end most of the day so may have a skewed perception of the game (plus had a few beers under the belt) but this is what I saw...

Spencer was OK in ruck but was very quiet around the ground. He took 1 good pack mark from a kick out and thats about it.

I wouldn't hold my breath about Maric becoming a small forward at AFL level... doesn't get much of the footy and butchered at least 2 easy shots on goal (25m on the run) in the 1st quarter.

PJ was good in the ruck and got plenty of it around the ground. Played at both ends but in defence mainly and took some good marks.

Strauss was solid and thought he used it pretty well hitting targets.

Cheney didn't notice him get many touches but was reliable when he did.

Stef Martin looked good up forward. Took some good strong marks and kicked straight.

Jetta looked dangerous when ever he was involved. Kicked a few goals and involved in a few more. Clean skills & pace.

Jack Watts played half forward & wing. Not very influential but helped set up a few goals with clean skills. Read somewhere he got 24 touches which surprised me thought it might be just under 20. A few times he was good below his knees when ball in dispute and beat smaller players around him. Jack is noticeably bigger more of a Dunn build now.

The player's name is Pierce Liddle and he's now on the Bendigo Bombers' list which IMO was a bad career move.

Don't know about the scholarship. I'll ask WJ.

Bendigo huh. The bombers 2's have battled over the last few years.

I asked about Pierce Liddle at last year's Women of Melbourne Long Journey function and was informed that the Aaron Davey scholarship had not yet been instituted so Liddle definitely wasn't a scholarship recipient.

Nothing about the scholarship was mentioned at this week's Long Journey function and it appears to have gone off the radar.

Thanks WJ, I was positive i read he was on the Davey scholarship. Disappointing it has not progressed too far.

Saw Jack Watts on the weekend, and I'm positive he was hanging out with Vickery from Richmond (unless he has a tall skinny friend with horrendous hair), but the point is he looks noticeably bigger and broader across the upper body and if he was indeed hanging out with Vickery, he was comfortably the same height as him.

He doesn't look like a 12 year old kid anymore, although I suppose that in the context of the game when pinned against mature men, he probably would still look on the skinny side, but there is a good build under his frame, which is a great sign.