Brock Whisper

FC Melbourne

Brock still has some good footy in him. Feel for the guy.

Brock did what he thought was right, and Carlton did make the rigth trade, because a fit Brock makes them better.

Master stroke? Looks that way, but until our pick 11 turns out to be as good as our trapper pick 16, we will have to wait and see who the real winner is.

Agreed. He is their problem now but can somebody correct me if I am wrong in thinking that all the players that were traded for 1st round picks are off the field this week - Lovett, Gibson and Mclean or am I missing somebody?

Also, Gibson went for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, not a first.

From @StevoHeraldSun

Don't want to gloat but this combined with the Trapper trade are looking like master strokes. Brock is just sooo injury prone.

Brock still has some good footy in him. Feel for the guy.

Brock did what he thought was right, and Carlton did make the rigth trade, because a fit Brock makes them better.

Master stroke? Looks that way, but until our pick 11 turns out to be as good as our trapper pick 16, we will have to wait and see who the real winner is.

On SEN tonight, The OX brought the Travis Johnstone trade up whilst they were talking about Darren Jolly's poor performances so far for Collingwood. They were talking about what other options Collingwood had in the ruck and came up with Cameron Wood (who they did not really rate)... Schwarz's words were something like "Collingwood got Cameron Wood, Brisbane got Travis Johnstone and Melbourne got Jack Grimes... who do you think won out of that trade?"

I looked up an old article to check the particulars of that trade and found this:

Melbourne fans' anger over Travis Johnstone trade

Intersting to look back. I'm very happy with the outcome now, even though I'm happy to admit I was one of these unhappy Melbourne supporters.

The article also mentions the Meesen trade. Someone made a note that karma may have caught up with us on that one. I don't really think the punt of pick 37 on a possible ruckman was really too big a loss for us. Certainly a smaller price than Collingwood has paid for their two underperforming Ruckmen (pick 14 for Wood and 14 and 46 for jolly).

Edited by pringle

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Also, Gibson went for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, not a first.

Yep.I meant Burgoyne and I forgot Fev.

Meh. That is what happens when you are completely one eyed - you tend to not know what other teams are up to.

Certainly a smaller price than Collingwood has paid for their two underperforming Ruckmen (pick 14 for Wood and 14 and 46 for jolly).

You forgot to mention Josh Fraser...Number 1 pick as i remember!! Always soft, Jeff White loved taking him apart B)

Intersting to look back. I'm very happy with the outcome now, even though I'm happy to admit I was one of these unhappy Melbourne supporters.

I wasn't...and wouldn't be, even if Grimes didn't make it. The terms were still good.

If Brisbane somehow sneak a flag - I don't think they will, but Voss' trading indicates he's going all out - they might also be happy with the trade if TJ can provide some silk.

I wasn't...and wouldn't be, even if Grimes didn't make it. The terms were still good.

If Brisbane somehow sneak a flag - I don't think they will, but Voss' trading indicates he's going all out - they might also be happy with the trade if TJ can provide some silk.

The TJ trade was done while Matthews was coach of Brisbane.

Oh, I'm sorry, is it now against the rules to talk about players from other clubs?

[/quo

Calm down mate, u can talk about what u want, the same way i can reply to what I want, its a FORUM!

I wasn't mad. Sorry if I sounded that way.

Guest 45 double agent

I'm going to reserve my judgement on whether the Brock trade was good for Carlton until I see Judd, McLean, Kreuzer, Murphy, Warnock and Gibbs all in action together.

you will be waiting for some time.