Fire Bailey..?

e25

The cramp was comedy gold. It was David Brent like stuff.

Yeah Clay, he's pretty immature still Atmo, he'll be a goody, but we must use discipline on him to keep him honest to us & himself, that pretense is something I would have done when 15.

I remember seeing Alan Johnstone years back running down the corridor with ball in hand to be confronted headon by a ?Hawthorn I think player at the edge of the 50 Mtr arc heading for the Richmond end, he sidestepped & I think lost the ball, not sure, but was so displeased with himself he bent over & slapped his thigh in the middle of the MCG.

He was a slight player who was an excellent runner & kick, & very proud of his football. A great guy as well.

And hard on himself & driven to improve & be the best he could.

Congratulations to the Team and Bailey on this game

The passion the desire the committment was all there

The only thing that could have made me happier was if we had actually won instead of loosing

Positives from the game to me is that Melbourne has now Shown they can compete

Which is all I have wanted to see

This season is going to be a long one make no mistake

If the players and the coach can build on this last game than maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel

But they must maintain the same sort of Intensity they had against Collingwood

No more excuses now, a win based on the form we saw should not be all that far away

As for Bailey for me the jury is still out

Time will tell wether he deserves the extension or not

One thing is for sure we as supporters can no longer accept incepid performences nor should we

A honest contest is now the bare minimum we should see each game

I look forward to our first win as I am sure do all supporters and as obviously do the Players and Coach themselves

It would be nice though when we do get to see that win, to see Bailey standing alongside our players belting out our Club song with some real passion

Will be interesting to see if it happens :)

Stay the course.

Unwavering support in a strategy they believe in.

Integrity. Strength through Adversity. Fortitude.

These things will guide the re-awakening of our great club.

(... are there any other grand clichés I've forgotten?)

Tactically I thought Bailey had a good day.

- Used Jamar well against Jolly and Flopsy Fraser.

- Moved Bennell fwd when he was out of his depth up back.

- Moved Green forward in the 2nd half.

- Put the stoppers on Swan, Pendlebury and others.

Nah, lets sack him and pay him out.

I agree, Bailey and the FD had a good game.

Particularly:

1. At the selection table. Taking in one ruckman was a gamble that worked (do they know something about Jolly that others don't?), and the selection of Bail - his impact on the game, and others around him, cannot be overstated
  2. Electing to play man-on-man

As for the sarcasm in your last line; not only have the players now shown they can do it, so have the coaching staff/FD. They also must repeat their effort week-in week-out.

No don't fire him. But don't give him an extension. Whoops, we already have.

Bail, Scully and Trengove are adequately prepared to rock. Should be an interesting year.

And that is why we kept Jamar not Jolly.

Edited by steve_f

I agree, Bailey and the FD had a good game.

Particularly:

1. At the selection table. Taking in one ruckman was a gamble that worked (do they know something about Jolly that others don't?), and the selection of Bail - his impact on the game, and others around him, cannot be overstated
  2. Electing to play man-on-man

As for the sarcasm in your last line; not only have the players now shown they can do it, so have the coaching staff/FD. They also must repeat their effort week-in week-out.

Spencer was a late withdrawal with a hip flexor. Our hand was forced.

There was no election to play man on man. We were more accoutable for the opposition. We were aggressive at the contest and the fall of the ball. For some of the game we were playing a loose man back particularly in the 2nd quarter. We tagged Swan We were getting our hands on the ball a little more than the Pies at the contest too.

As for my sarcasm if you have ready many of the overheated missiles by aggrieved posters the angst was primarily aimed at Bailey and not both Bailey and the players.

I'm not so sure about that. I think it was just an easy excuse for not playing him.

So we picked him in the 22 so we could then generate an excuse to not play him when the Pies had Jolly and Fraser so we then had an excuse to rush in Newton.....Nice try. :wacko: