PLAYERS OFF TO CAMP TODAY

jayceebee31

Just informed that our players left today for camp at one of our members properties. Same one as last year.Told that our website will have updates , Foxtel & Herald Sun have been invited. Therefore, we may gain an insight into it

Hope they take care up there tomorrow. It will be a hot one. Hopefully the sponsor 'The Age' received an invite too.

Very good point- I don't think they did

What specifically do the players do up there?

Is it team bonding, different training environment or something else.

They did it last pre-season. You're right it is about team bonding and they train in a different training environment. They might split into teams to achieve certain objectives. It can be a leadership building exercise where younger heads may take the lead on certain tasks. There might be a bit of orientation, trekking and they'll be competitive in the exercise(s).

Some other posters might want to add more....

Yesterday the team battled the heat to climb Mt Buller- today more hard yards up in Mansfield to finish the year. Taken from Demon HQ

I've actually had it snow on me when up there hiking at this time of year - the weather can be erratic.

Whilst the Colleewobbles go to Arizona & we to Mansfield- is it very good spot for our fitness re altitude etc..?

Or would it be more a bonding session.

Edited by jayceebee31

Whilst the Colleewobbles go to Arizona & we to Mansfield- is it very good spot for our fitness re altitude etc..?

Or would it be more a bonding session.

I think you'll find it's very good for both (team bonding and also altitude training), with the emphasis on team bonding.

I believe Mansfield is any ideal place to hold the camp, as many many of our elite athletes (in fact almost all from an athletics background) use it and Falls Creek for their preperations in the offseason. As identified in Chris Connolly's "napkin" this camp is an intergral part in developing the "RUN" that is going to define our future premiership era.

What's the owner's name again?

I can't remember, I just know he has heaps of horses and property up mansfield way...

I know the people involved. Charlie Lovick and another bloke (relative of mine) provide the camping gear, access to property, etc

Good news is that it costs bugger all (Collingwood can shove Ariona up their clacker)

They also do clinics in the town. We should try to claim it as another 'home away from home'. Nice tie-in to the snow-going set :lol:

I know the people involved. Charlie Lovick and another bloke (relative of mine) provide the camping gear, access to property, etc

Good news is that it costs bugger all (Collingwood can shove Ariona up their clacker)

They also do clinics in the town. We should try to claim it as another 'home away from home'. Nice tie-in to the snow-going set :lol:

That's it - Charlie Lovick. That's the name I've heard.

Couldn't remember and I was getting him confused with another bloke I know that goes up there, but he is not a dees supporter.

I think from memory they did do a bit of community work up there last year.

I remember seeing a lot of photos of the young locals with the players.

I think you'll find it's very good for both (team bonding and also altitude training), with the emphasis on team bonding.

I believe Mansfield is any ideal place to hold the camp, as many many of our elite athletes (in fact almost all from an athletics background) use it and Falls Creek for their preperations in the offseason. As identified in Chris Connolly's "napkin" this camp is an intergral part in developing the "RUN" that is going to define our future premiership era.

That's right. Craig Mottram and his team including Nick Bideau (or Nick Bideau's team of runners), also Benita (forget her new surname) frequent up there for their altitude 'intake' training regime before a big meet.

What's the owner's name again?

I can't remember, I just know he has heaps of horses and property up mansfield way...

the owner of the camp site's name is mick

he told me the players camp out a few nights (obviously) and when we went there we rode horses to each site and used their billies to cook and stuff. i don't think there would be much training unless the players walked or ran the tracks. i reckon it's a bonding-orientated camp

the owner of the camp site's name is mick

he told me the players camp out a few nights (obviously) and when we went there we rode horses to each site and used their billies to cook and stuff. i don't think there would be much training unless the players walked or ran the tracks. i reckon it's a bonding-orientated camp

Definitely wasn't Mick I was thinking of.

I know a Mark. Either way, I had it wrong.

Edit: From what I've seen & heard, there are (were last year) 4 teams that compete in team-oriented challenges.

The sort of thing lots of us would have done in preseasons past: As a group, run here, collect logs, carry them back here, assemble this here and do that... etc.

Challenges with a high fitness element.

A lot of it is teaching you to think straight and make good decisions even when your body is totally buggered and you want to collapse.

Edited by Keyser Söze

Definitely wasn't Mick I was thinking of.

I know a Mark. Either way, I had it wrong.

Edit: From what I've seen & heard, there are (were last year) 4 teams that compete in team-oriented challenges.

The sort of thing lots of us would have done in preseasons past: As a group, run here, collect logs, carry them back here, assemble this here and do that... etc.

Challenges with a high fitness element.

A lot of it is teaching you to think straight and make good decisions even when your body is totally buggered and you want to collapse.

woops

yeh i think you're right mate

been a year haha. my bad

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsart...92/default.aspx shows what Moloney thought of the camp and highlighted Jordie Grysberts determination which indeed will help him along with all others in laying down a tremendous foundation for 2010

Hi guys and gals.

I'm an Essendon supporter who has married into the Warlpiri. I have a nephew, son in their way, coming down to stay with me for a few weeks from xmas day. He's from Lajamanu, same as Liam Patrick, and he'd love to see Liam Jurrah train while he's down. I've looked on the Melbourne website but it is not clear when training starts up in the new year. Also did Jurrah train in January last year or did he go home for men's business?

Cheers.

Hi guys and gals.

I'm an Essendon supporter who has married into the Warlpiri. I have a nephew, son in their way, coming down to stay with me for a few weeks from xmas day. He's from Lajamanu, same as Liam Patrick, and he'd love to see Liam Jurrah train while he's down. I've looked on the Melbourne website but it is not clear when training starts up in the new year. Also did Jurrah train in January last year or did he go home for men's business?

Cheers.

From the club website

Football: There are no more open training sessions scheduled for 2009. Training will recommence on Wednesday 6 January.

Great thanks.

Suggest to contact the club on Ph. (03) 9652 1111

PO Box 254 East Melbourne Victoria 8002

[email protected]

after the 6th January whom will let you know where training is and even may get Liam to meet with you. Ask for Sarah Baker who will no doubt help you as much as she can.