Ball no longer a Saint, confirmed.

Redleg

Guest hangon007

$$$$$$$$$$$ - We lose every time! And according to the media its never about the money. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You watch the GC next year .... it will be all about the money. ;)

Edited by hangon007

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never really excited over the prospect to begin with. I've only ever been thinking about "Scully-Trengove-Watts-Grimes" and Ball was just someone I kind of had small hopes we would get. No biggy to me.

Has anyone on here heard Ball say he doesn't want to play for Melbourne? We are bagging the guy purely on speculation created by the d/heads in the media.

When he is actually quoted as saying he doesn't want any part of us then let's give it to him with both barrels but in he meantime hold fire.

Imagine if he is interested and he reads here and Ology to get a feel from the supporters and their attitude towards him, doubt he would want to after he did.

You would probably think that if indeed this is his sentiment then he'd at least spare us the ignormality of it ..lol...by actually saying it for the record. Thats what managers do !! :lol:

I dont think we are bagging him per se..just drawing a line in the sand. Only those that are fair dinkum about Melbourne and can respect our jumper , not our ladder position need apply.

he can go ask Chris Johnson and Co. what we think of irrespectful dissenters !! ;)

Thought I would be the first to say it.

The conjecture has been going on for a few weeks now and all of the media reports, especially a few this weekend have him staying at St.Kilda. The fact that Maguire has just been delisted on 99 games ( no possible father/son pick there) to possibly make salary cap room, heightens that view. Moose is a pretty popular guy at St.Kilda and that would cause some distress among his mates. Nevertheless, quotes are coming out from various sources that Ball does not want to play with the wooden spooner. I would have thought that if he was even considering us there would be a different spin in the articles.

In my opinion Ball is considering the Saints offer and also investigating if there is any way he can get to the Pies without being taken by an interstate or bottom side first.

I think we will see an announcement that he is staying put by the end of the week.

We can then look at who else is available. Must add that if I am correct, I won't lose one second's sleep over it.

Tell us something we dont know

i reckon we take a punt on mitch thorp. i know hes apparently a bit of an arrogant [censored] and a bit up himself and

hes injury prone but he was a No.6 pick only a couple of years ago and having to fight for a spot in the seniors

with roughy and buddy would of made anyones job getting into the seniors hard.

I just reckon maybe hes attitude would change knowing hes on hes last chance and we do need another key forward.

Although i wouldnt mind having a look at jesse smith the wraps on him a very high but another injury prone player, what position is he most suited too and

for that matter does anyone no where joel mcdonald plays as i havent seen much of him play either....?

Tell us something we dont know

Ok. Chocolate Ripple "Cake" is actually a number of biscuits with cream added. It is the only "cake" I can think of made of biscuits. When you have a slice, you are actually eating biscuit with cream, not cake.

Hope that is enlightening.

Ok. Chocolate Ripple "Cake" is actually a number of biscuits with cream added. It is the only "cake" I can think of made of biscuits. When you have a slice, you are actually eating biscuit with cream, not cake.

Sounds good to me, now i've got hunger pangs for a Monaco Bar.

On topic though, i've got the feeling that Ball will stay on board with the Saints as well now.

Sounds good to me, now i've got hunger pangs for a Monaco Bar.

On topic though, i've got the feeling that Ball will stay on board with the Saints as well now.

I disagree. My mail is that the Magpies want him with a passion and have been making a big play for him to declare his allegience to them. The first part of the strategy is to drop hints here and there to the effect that he doesn't want to play for the team that won the wooden spoon. Next, he'll say he doesn't want to play with Fremantle because the purple gear doesn't match the colour of his eyes. Port Adelaide's no good because the ground's on the wrong side of the railway tracks yadda, yadda, yadda ...

Tiramisu

Excuse Me....Has Luke Ball actually Spoken yet??? All articles written in the Media have been pure speculation up till now. That Article Caro wrote on the weekend was a complete waste of time that said nothing new.

Before we crucify Ball, let's wait until he has had his formal meeting with the MFC. This club has changed a lot in the past 18 months, more than even we demonlanders would realize.

Port Adelaide have Picks 8,9 so even if Ball nominates for the ND his opportunities of making it to the filth are slim at best.

If he leaves the aints his best option is the Melbourne Football club if he wants to play in victoria.

Nothing is finalized...The media just like stories with the word Collingwood in it....

I'm a chef, I already knew that

Excuse Me....Has Luke Ball actually Spoken yet??? All articles written in the Media have been pure speculation up till now. That Article Caro wrote on the weekend was a complete waste of time that said nothing new.

Before we crucify Ball, let's wait until he has had his formal meeting with the MFC. This club has changed a lot in the past 18 months, more than even we demonlanders would realize.

Port Adelaide have Picks 8,9 so even if Ball nominates for the ND his opportunities of making it to the filth are slim at best.

If he leaves the aints his best option is the Melbourne Football club if he wants to play in victoria.

Nothing is finalized...The media just like stories with the word Collingwood in it....

In a manner I think he has spoken volumes. Hes had a good while now to formulate some strategy. If he was half a mind to come to us we would be hearing a few more positive things...esp leaked via Connors whos seems as shifty as the Sahara. But we're not. In its place we hear a deafening silence and that to me says he all but spoken.

He'll no doubt add he personal addendum in the coming weeks but that also suggests hes none too interested in us or hed be over the line and training.

Im starting to think he's beginning to believe all the hype and thinks hes better than he actually is. He's good.... not brilliant...good !!

In a manner I think he has spoken volumes. Hes had a good while now to formulate some strategy. If he was half a mind to come to us we would be hearing a few more positive things...esp leaked via Connors whos seems as shifty as the Sahara. But we're not. In its place we hear a deafening silence and that to me says he all but spoken.

He'll no doubt add he personal addendum in the coming weeks but that also suggests hes none too interested in us or hed be over the line and training.

Im starting to think he's beginning to believe all the hype and thinks hes better than he actually is. He's good.... not brilliant...good !!

But Don't forget until yesterday he was still a listed player at the aints, so silence is expected. I will lose no sleep if luke decides we are not good enough for him, BUT until i read or see a statement from Ball or Connors we are still in the Game.

Remember sometimes no news is good news....

But Don't forget until yesterday he was still a listed player at the aints, so silence is expected. I will lose no sleep if luke decides we are not good enough for him, BUT until i read or see a statement from Ball or Connors we are still in the Game.

Remember sometimes no news is good news....

That would become immaterial if he nominated his intentions. Its only a formality that hes still on that list.

I agree we're still in the game. Bit like a 'reserved' sign on a pokie...youre there ..but your not...but you might be !! :lol:

That would become immaterial if he nominated his intentions. Its only a formality that hes still on that list.

I agree we're still in the game. Bit like a 'reserved' sign on a pokie...youre there ..but your not...but you might be !! :lol:

We have more chance than the Filth, & he knows it. If he goes into the ND then his future is a complete Gamble....I have Faith in our CEO CC Jimma & the whole FD putting together a very good case, & if he declines & does make it to the Filth. Look out for the Queens Birthday game....

The media had Brian Lake linked to every club in Australia and there was no way he would remain at the Doggies but guess where he stayed? I heard him after re signing and he said that he was never going to leave and that the deal was done some 2 weeks beforehand.

Honestly, I think it's a bit of a non-event. Luke Ball is a good player and apparently brings plenty to the club off-field, but he's not in any way a necessity. We have a very good midfield group coming up and if we did get him we'd no doubt be facing the same issue as with Brock in a few years. Where can we put him? Realistically, he'd be good for helping us win a few more games short term but I can't see him being a feature in a premiership side when we have Scully, Trengove, Grimes, Straus, Blease, Morton, Moloney etc... He might make the bench or emergency list, but that's about it.