The Draw

Demon3

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop polluting the football boards with inane punctuation crap, and go back to your designated thread, thank you! :angry: <_< :lol:

Lovely.

And from a moderator, no less.

Just get back to talking about the draw.

I hope we play on the weekends!

Lovely.

And from a moderator, no less.

Just get back to talking about the draw.

I hope we play on the weekends!

What can I say, I'm a rebel without a cause.

I come on here to talk about our impending draw and end up having to read discussions about punctuation? I passed 6th grade, so I'm good thanks.

Your weekend crack was a joke, but you watch us get Monday afternoon games at 3pm in Shitcreek oval up in Wagga Wagga.

What can I say, I'm a rebel without a cause.

I come on here to talk about our impending draw and end up having to read discussions about punctuation? I passed 6th grade, so I'm good thanks.

Your weekend crack was a joke, but you watch us get Monday afternoon games at 3pm in Shitcreek oval up in Wagga Wagga.

I come on here to talk about our impending draw and end up having to read bad jokes about poorly timed AFL games that the MFC are forced to play.

And I didn't start the two and fro on the apostrophes, I merely placed an addendum on my post apologising for a possible mistake.

I'm getting a bit of noise my way because I readily admit that some of what I write is crap, while some on here should be more self-reflective of their own nonsense. If they were, they wouldn't be so hypocritical and unaware.

meanwhile returning to the thread's topic I spied this little piece :

"The draw will reward the elite teams with plenty of free-to-air games, but Melbourne has successfully lobbied for fewer Demons games on Foxtel. the Demons had just 10 games on Seven or Ten."

source

Monday on the menu (HS)

seems some lobbying by the club has paid off :) well done

meanwhile returning to the thread's topic I spied this little piece :

"The draw will reward the elite teams with plenty of free-to-air games, but Melbourne has successfully lobbied for fewer Demons games on Foxtel. the Demons had just 10 games on Seven or Ten."

source

Monday on the menu (HS)

seems some lobbying by the club has paid off :) well done

The AFL would be smart to give more free-to-air games to teams they predict WILL play exciting football as opposed to merely those that HAVE played it in the past.

Hawthorn v Port was hardly an exciting matchup this year in spite of both teams' performance in the previous 2 seasons & finals.

Thereis sense as yo suggest in grooming the public towards the teams that will ( crossed-fingers ) provide spectacles and entertainment. Yes, hopefully we are one of them :)

The AFL would be smart to give more free-to-air games to teams they predict WILL play exciting football as opposed to merely those that HAVE played it in the past.

Hawthorn v Port was hardly an exciting matchup this year in spite of both teams' performance in the previous 2 seasons & finals.

Yes, but it's down to the AFL's opinion of each club. All 16 clubs would tell the AFL that they're going to play fast, exciting, high-scoring football.

Hopefully the AFL has some sense and realises that it's our time to move up the ladder. But I doubt it.

Yes, but it's down to the AFL's opinion of each club. All 16 clubs would tell the AFL that they're going to play fast, exciting, high-scoring football.

Hopefully the AFL has some sense and realises that it's our time to move up the ladder. But I doubt it.

I think even now there's a quiet chorus of understanding out there that Melbourne is well primed to take on the next decade. Were we a tad sneaky..well ...YES. Does that show method and determination above the ordinary ? Id suggest yes also. This translates in many people's view as a team that knows where its at, who it is and where its going. That combination will be entertaining to watch. That's what TV wants.. good watchable footy to bolster its ratings.

I think the AFL fully expects us to rise..and rise forcefully

I think even now there's a quiet chorus of understanding out there that Melbourne is well primed to take on the next decade. Were we a tad sneaky..well ...YES. Does that show method and determination above the ordinary ? Id suggest yes also. This translates in many people's view as a team that knows where its at, who it is and where its going. That combination will be entertaining to watch. That's what TV wants.. good watchable footy to bolster its ratings.

I think the AFL could reasonably expect the following teams to play more entertaining football than us:

St Kilda

Geelong

Western Bulldogs

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Adelaide

Brisbane

Essendon

Carlton

Of the rest, I wouldn't rule us out of being more entertaining than North, Richmond, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, West Coast and Sydney. That puts us around about 10th in the order of 'excitement'. So even if the sees us in that light, we're a fair way down the pecking order.

fair comments TU..Id think we'll be far more interesting that Carlton now... Watching Adelaide is right up there with getting teeth pulled :unsure: and I think the Bombers will come off the pace a bit next year.

Id easily place us at least in the middle of the pack and thats a far cry from last ;)

Sometimes you're too optimistic for your own good. We are still the wooden-spooners, for the second year running, and we are not an exciting team to watch. We can't expect any more than a slight improvement on this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the future too, but we're still a fair way away from being a priority for the AFL in broadcasting etc

Hardly a priority..and where have I said that ? But we are getting press..and for the most part its quite favourable. With upcoming drafts there will be more focus and that will carry through to next year.

We are gaining credibility as an interest to follow. Most people who follow footy know we are better than a wooden spoon..ffs why all the cry re tanking if not for the expectations of better results etc.

With shackles off and new blood coming in we will be quite interesting to watch...its ok to differ :)

Agree to disagree. I just don't think we're at that stage of proper credibility quite yet

Look I know we arent fair dinkum in many eyes for credibility...but we may yet still prove interesting to watch..especially after our well documented shanagans ..:lol:

They'll be many looking for us to falter at the first.. but you have to be watching in order to see that !! ;)

edit

I caught up with a StKilda mate days after the game and he asked why we dont play like that all the time? All I could muster was...next year... when were"allowed" to ;) ...he laughed acknowledgingly !! :D

Edited by belzebub59

If we can win 2-3 games in the first six weeks then we as a team will become interesting to watch.

If we lose those early games then confidence will drop off. Honourable losses are still losses.

These young kids must learn to accept winning as the expected outcome. Right now the potential is there.

Signing up scott west full time is a very positive move.

Yeah, probably, but I post on here to entertain myself.

The schoolteacher thing was a self-deprecating crack.

And yeah, maybe a bit abusive, but who the hell invents fake rules for punctation?

You're not the brightest spark are you E25?

Dont offer the 'correct' explanation, just spit out a whole heap of sh*t because you dont know any better huh? Why not google it and add something half useful to the conversation instead of sounding like a [censored].

That's how it was taught to me 20 odd years ago at school, it may have changed / been revised since then.

Why would i bother making something up?

Numbnuts?!

You just made the list DemonDan.

Aww.. was only gaggin! ;)

Would it help spare me your wrath if i admitted i was still chuckling to myself- after reading your 'leave Britney alone' rendition- when i used the numbnut example!

God that was bad.. and he was so serious.. :lol:

anyway, i disgressed.. my fault.. sorry Jaded. ..hang on..

Stop polluting the football boards with inane punctuation crap, and go back to your designated thread, thank you! :angry: <_< :lol:

Yes ma'am :blink:

;)

First of all, to me it's not a draw it's a fixture because the season is fixed. The 16 sides get to put in their wish list and then the AFL get to tamper it to gain maximum revenue so they can break records year after year. It sh!ts me that we get 1 friday night game, yet Essendon get 7. Before you press reply to me I know why our side is given what it is given. Well, it's time to get tough off it, once the team starts winning regularly playing an attractive brand. Demand what Essendon are now getting.

First of all, to me it's not a draw it's a fixture because the season is fixed. The 16 sides get to put in their wish list and then the AFL get to tamper it to gain maximum revenue so they can break records year after year. It sh!ts me that we get 1 friday night game, yet Essendon get 7. Before you press reply to me I know why our side is given what it is given. Well, it's time to get tough off it, once the team starts winning regularly playing an attractive brand. Demand what Essendon are now getting.

yeah sucks we have to put up with watching the bummers so much on Friday nights, but from purely an attending point of view i don't like Friday night games always a massive rush to get to the game after work much prefer the sat or sunday game all in all i am happy with the draw