• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

forum footy lightning premiership

rollinson 65

Rollo - just make sure you call for a head count at the start of the game against the Pies!

Saints played em and they started with 22 on the field, and at one stage had 26 or something ridiculous like that

don't think it will be any sort of a problem, eastie...

we could make up a very strong team from past players who cannot make it this time, or who have lost interest, but this is the best quality team we have ever fielded IMO...

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a North Melbourne mate who is desperate to take part...He has nominated the Dees as his club of choice :lol: but will go around with any of the other sides if they need numbers.

Rollo, what is the scoop on the other teams, are they able to make numbers??

hey, grant, let me know his choice...

and I will pass on his offer to the saints or the blues (both struggling at the moment)...

I am sure either of them will welcome him with open arms...

hey, grant, let me know his choice...

and I will pass on his offer to the saints or the blues (both struggling at the moment)...

I am sure either of them will welcome him with open arms...

Hey Rollo I got 2 mates (both good players unfortunately) who are happy to play with St Kida. There both a certainty to play if you are able to find a spot for them...

Cheers

Guest grimes4

hey rollo, so we cant play or what? both 20 years old and have alot of experience playing in high grade football. both playing first football in year 11 and 12 for our school and winning the championship in year 11? or should we play for another side? just dont want to come down and not get a run

hey rollo, so we cant play or what? both 20 years old and have alot of experience playing in high grade football. both playing first football in year 11 and 12 for our school and winning the championship in year 11? or should we play for another side? just dont want to come down and not get a run

hey, grimes, executive decision, both of you should come and play for the dees...

drawing the line here guys... :angry:

it has to be drawn somewhere... :rolleyes:

Hey Rollo I got 2 mates (both good players unfortunately) who are happy to play with St Kida. There both a certainty to play if you are able to find a spot for them...

Cheers

hey, grant, sainters will be delighted...

sorry to lose your mates... :angry:

but don't want to add anymore to WJ's problem of finding fair game time for posters already committed... :mellow:

waiting to hear back from the sainters, and I will then contact you...

Edited by rollinson 65

hey, grant, sainters will be delighted...

sorry to lose your mates... :angry:

but don't want to add anymore to WJ's problem of finding fair game time for posters already committed... :mellow:

waiting to hear back from the sainters, and I will then contact you...

grant, posting because couldn't get you by phone...

sorry, sainters say no...

do your mates want me to contact the blues ??

best to ring me on 0408 698 328...

regards,

rollo

Edited by rollinson 65

grant, posting because couldn't get you by phone...

sorry, sainters say no...

do your mates want me to contact the blues ??

best to ring me on 0408 698 328...

regards,

rollo

Crap...this is your best ever side? You guys are considerably better then everyone else already so that's scary haha.

PS Guys just had to pass on a few concerns from some of our forumites via PM's.

They had some issues last time the two sides met.

Now obviously competitve juices flow and that's natural with so many footballers playing. However accross the board for all four teams we need to remember the social aspect of these games and the fact it isn't life and death or as serious as playing in our local suburban footy comps etc.

Some of our players are no doubt guilty of this too as are players of Carlton and Collingwood but some of our guys mentioned getting hip and shouldered to the ground after disposing of the ball, get driven hard into the ground in tackles etc. the games being played with a lot of physicality.

I think all 4 sides need to remember this is for fun and no need to go out their to hurt blokes, bump them or smash them in tackles.

Also abusing umpires and sledging opposition players etc.

I think if we all look at it that way it would be better for everyone. People's emotions can get the better of them in competitive sport, but guys getting knocked out or spending the next week sore should be avoided:-P

It is after all just a bit of fun.

Crap...this is your best ever side? You guys are considerably better then everyone else already so that's scary haha.

PS Guys just had to pass on a few concerns from some of our forumites via PM's.

They had some issues last time the two sides met.

Now obviously competitve juices flow and that's natural with so many footballers playing. However accross the board for all four teams we need to remember the social aspect of these games and the fact it isn't life and death or as serious as playing in our local suburban footy comps etc.

Some of our players are no doubt guilty of this too as are players of Carlton and Collingwood but some of our guys mentioned getting hip and shouldered to the ground after disposing of the ball, get driven hard into the ground in tackles etc. the games being played with a lot of physicality.

I think all 4 sides need to remember this is for fun and no need to go out their to hurt blokes, bump them or smash them in tackles.

Also abusing umpires and sledging opposition players etc.

I think if we all look at it that way it would be better for everyone. People's emotions can get the better of them in competitive sport, but guys getting knocked out or spending the next week sore should be avoided:-P

It is after all just a bit of fun.

thanks for posting this, hd...

every team has one or two blokes who suffer from white line fever, and we need to talk to our own early...

sure, we all want to win, but we all want these games to be played in a friendly spirit...

regards,

rollo

have traded grant's north melbourne mates to talkingcarlton, in record time, for a free beer and a draft pick... :rolleyes:

Players who have not confirmed by midnight tomorrow will still be free to confirm after that, but will have to start off as emergencies... gotta draw the line somewhere... :mellow:

Here is the updated game post…

Date : Sunday, November 8...

Opposition : saintsational, talkingcarlton, nick's collingwood site...

Time : 1pm - please turn up at 12.30pm for a kick and a pre-game talk...

Venue : Victoria Park, Collingwood ...

Format :

each game 2 X 20 minute halves

1pm - saints v blues

1.50pm - dees v pies

2.40pm - losers play

3.30pm - winners play

4.20pm - bbq/social

later - Wolfmother will tell us...

Players from demonland : Deemitch, pringle, grant, Doggo, Toot182, Wolfmother, Zarate Kid 20, Supermercado, the russian, BennytheJet, funky41, Fuzz, wonnabeeri, Junior, Charles, Heater, melbournefc, scotty, jacko, Jo, david, greg, Scully to Watts + 1 mate, dazzledavey36, sean, grimes4 + 1 mate...

Players from demonology : ruzzier, The Stynes Factor, Tassie_Dee, mat, nat, adam, clarky, H, tom2, jas...

Players TBC : Cameron the Bruce, MelbournePassion, Carn dees, Benno, daniel, Oxxx…

Emergencies TBC : benn and matt (mates of Doggo)...

Apologies (players) : Demon Tingles(injured), Wise, mickrocks1, B20, 45hotgod16 (injured), Bucks-Fan, Dappa Dan, deanox, BL3281, enforcer25, tom1, BattlerBailey (injured), WattsHappening...

Apologies (players) not accepted : Freak...

Captains : game 1, melbournefc and Tassie_Dee and game 2, funky41 and Wolfmother...

Coaches : Whispering Jack and his son...

Goal umpires : Brettmcg plus one mate...

Boundary umpires : 1 mate of Brettmcg (so far)...

Field umpires : 2 quality umpy's from the southern football league (thanks to to Brettmcg)...

Helpers : rollinson 65 (from demonology), dandeeman, Joeyjimjams...

Apologies (helpers) : Dee Knees, george-on-the-outer, do it 4 robbie, redleg...

We need helpers to bring extra water, and players to bring extra jumpers, sunscreen, water, extra footy boots....

they tell me hundreds of collingwood supporters turn up for these games, so I hope we can mobilise lots of supporters from demonland and demonology...

Hey rollo,

Seeing as I still play competitive footy and this is a chance for most of the guys who don't play to get out there and have a kick, I think I'll step aside and let someone who would otherwise miss out have a run.

Cheers,

Benny

thanks, ben... :wub:

hope you will still turn up and support the team and share in the post-match celebrations...

I was looking forward to talking to you face-to-face about your new job/venture... :mellow:

Edited by rollinson 65

bennythejet has dropped out for all the right reasons... :wub:

Players who have not confirmed by midnight tomorrow will still be free to confirm after that, but will have to start off as emergencies... gotta draw the line somewhere... :mellow:

Time : 1pm - please turn up at 12.30pm for a kick and a stretch and a pre-game talk...

Format :

1pm - saints v blues

1.50pm - dees v pies

2.40pm - losers play

3.30pm - winners play

4.20pm - bbq/social

Players from demonland : Deemitch, pringle, grant, Doggo, Toot182, Wolfmother, Zarate Kid 20, Supermercado, the russian, funky41, Fuzz, wonnabeeri, Junior, Charles, Heater, melbournefc, scotty, jacko, Jo, david, greg, Scully to Watts + 1 mate, dazzledavey36, sean, grimes4 + 1 mate...

Players from demonology : ruzzier, The Stynes Factor, Tassie_Dee, mat, nat, adam, clarky, H, tom2, jas...

Players TBC : Cameron the Bruce, MelbournePassion, Carn dees, Benno, daniel, Oxxx…

Emergencies TBC : benn and matt (mates of Doggo)...

Apologies (players) : Demon Tingles(injured), Wise, mickrocks1, B20, 45hotgod16 (injured), Bucks-Fan, Dappa Dan, deanox, BL3281, enforcer25, tom1, BattlerBailey (injured), WattsHappening, BennytheJet ...

Captains : game 1, melbournefc and Tassie_Dee and game 2, funky41 and Wolfmother...

Coaches : Whispering Jack and his (adult footy-knowledgeable) son...

Field umpires : 2 quality umpy's from the southern football league (thanks to to Brettmcg)...

Helpers : rollinson 65 (from demonology), dandeeman, Joeyjimjams...

We need helpers to bring extra water, and players to bring extra jumpers, sunscreen, water, extra footy boots....

they tell me hundreds of collingwood supporters turn up for these games, so I hope we can mobilise lots of supporters from demonland and demonology...

thanks, ben... :wub:

hope you will still turn up and support the team and share in the post-match celebrations...

I was looking forward to talking to you face-to-face about your new job/venture... :mellow:

Will still do my very best to be there and support the team - I too am looking forward to swapping stories about our new ventures!

Will still do my very best to be there and support the team - I too am looking forward to swapping stories about our new ventures!

Me too will do my best to get there and support our boys as we take home the win.

hey, wonna , the russian, Junior...

sorry if my message was not clear... :unsure:

it is only the guys who have not confirmed (TBC) who have to confirm - you guys are down as playing !! :rolleyes:

hey, BJ and TD, many thanks, and we will have jobs for you...

and if either or both of you can bring extra water, that will be much appreciated... :wub:

Rollo,

I don't think I'll be pulling on the boots as my back will explode (I'll bring my gear and hopefully jump on for ten minutes in the pocket :rolleyes: )

Still looking to buy drinks for all the people watching and if we can get a BBQ I'll fire one up.

The two pubs I'm looking at for the aftergame function are:

The Fox hotel -351 Wellington PDe, Collingwood

and

The retreat Hotel - 226 Nicholson Street Abbotsford

both pretty close to the ground anyone have any experience or preference???

I'll give them a call and with any luck they will have a TV we can use and I'll try and film the games...

Once the pub is decided (If anyone knows a better venue which is close feel free to throw it out there) Rollo you should invite the other forums

will put you down as an emergency, wolf, see how you feel on the day...

welcome to our extra helpers/supporters... :wub:

traded grant's mates to talkingcarlton for a free beer and a draft pick, now all of a sudden they have a full-back, CHB and CHF... :o

what idiot put rollo in charge of trades ?? :wacko:

Time : 1pm - please turn up at 12.30pm for a kick and a stretch and a pre-game talk...

Format :

1pm - saints v blues

1.50pm - dees v pies

2.40pm - losers play

3.30pm - winners play

4.20pm - bbq/social

Players from demonland : Deemitch, pringle, grant, Doggo, Toot182, Zarate Kid 20, Supermercado, the russian, funky41, Fuzz, wonnabeeri, Junior, Charles, Heater, melbournefc, scotty, jacko, Jo, david, greg, Scully to Watts + 1 mate, dazzledavey36, sean, grimes4 + 1 mate...

Emergencies TBC : benn and matt (mates of Doggo), Wolfmother, Cameron the Bruce, MelbournePassion, Carn dees, Benno, daniel, Oxxx...

Apologies (players) : Demon Tingles(injured), Wise, mickrocks1, B20, 45hotgod16 (injured), Bucks-Fan, Dappa Dan, deanox, BL3281, enforcer25, tom1, BattlerBailey (injured), WattsHappening, BennytheJet ...

Coaches : Whispering Jack and his (adult footy-knowledgeable) son...

Helpers : rollinson 65 (from demonology), dandeeman, Joeyjimjams Bringbackbarassi, BennytheJet, Demon Tingles...