All Players From Love to Hate

Bleeds_Red_&_Blue

Here is a list in order from love to hate of our list, in my own heart the criteria is a mixture of the following :

reason why i will go to the footy every week in 2010, potential for the future, gives a great performance week in week out, melbourne spirit, winning nature, a player that i would hate to see in other teams colors ([censored] brock), important for the future, important for the club , building for a premiership. So basically is a list of IMPORTANCE for a flag and general love for the bloke (using our current 2009 list ie not including scully trengrove ball etc)

1. Liam Jurrah - Future of our forward line, exciting prospect, will provide many cheerful moments, will win games off his own boot, club morale lifted by one man, every time he touches the ball it turns to gold

2. Jack Watts - alot riding on his head as a number 1, will be closely watched by football world in 2010, i love the bloke and what hes gone through , good luck VCE

3. Jack Grimes - needs to stay consistently good and aviod a garland like injury clouds.. highly rated by MFC and outside

4. Nathan Jones - our chris judd / gary abblett , love watching him when hes on his game, sometimes looks lost but rarely

5. Aaron Davey - future captain? absolute gun, loves the MFC, signed for 4 years, committed, effective, play maker

6. Colin Sylvia - massive lift this year, very impressed with emotinoal/physical developments

7. Cale Morton - young thin gun, put on some kilos boy

8. Kyle Cheney - reliable backman , admiration

9. Stefan Martin - handy utility, great pack mark, tall , possibly dangerous one day

10. Ricky Pettard - absolute silky with the footy , gives it all and end all, goes about it well

11. James Frawley - Will hopefully develop alongside garland and grimes

12. Colin Garland - Gun defender should be good to go from long term injury

13. Matthew Bate - Reliable set shot/Long range kicker , worried about his hardness at the ball

14. Mark Jamar - Very important he keeps improving on this year to become our #1 senior ruckman, needs to show committment to the MFC

15. Brent Moloney - Leading disposals at MFC this year, needs to have more of an impact , dont want to turn into a dane swan

16. Matty Warnock - Gun defender .. getting old, makes correct decisions

17. Cam Bruce - Loved him every step of the way, now needs to give an example to young kids, teach, advise, mentor

18. Brad Green - see 17

19. Clint Bartram - has a a tough year, has alot to show

20. James McDonald - not a part of long term future , gives everything he has every game , underrated skipper, a pity hes 33

21. Lynden Dunn - inconsistent tagger , has good games, has shockers, still good development, dont know whats wrong? learn from cameron ling

22/23.Jetta and Maric - similar catagory , young kid , alot more to come, tune in soon

24. Simon Buckley - IMO a good player with ALOT of potential, has a crack , deserves my respect and more game time

25. Paul Johnson - has gone backwards , probabily the only player on the list that has, hopefully will lift next year , used to love him in 06

26. Austin Wooneamirri - will never forget his almost 200m goal .. was very exciting last year, been under the radar all year, will he come out with a bang in 2010?

23. Shane Valenti - used to hate him , ever since freo game has shown he can play , getting there , needs a preseason

24. Brad Miller - Teach Jack watts and the boys how to mark like you , dont give them kicking advice

25. Rivers - wouldve liked to seen more of you over the years.. love you in the backline, found it hard to rate him , should be higher in this list

26. Benell - good debut

27. Sam Blease - top 20 pick needs to show something after a year of injury

28. Strauss - see 27

29. Meesen - Should be much better

30. Tom McNamarah - Tries hard, hard effort will pay off , keep working at it kid

31. Adam Spencer - soft kid with minimal ruck impact , however should be given 2 years to develop .. analogus with jamar

32. Hughes - ?

33. Zomer - not a bad debut

34. Mckenzie - ?

35. Rohan Bail - horrible 30 seconds on the ground , now injured, liability?

36. Michael Newton - one mark wonder , do something next year you spud, sat behind him at the footy once wanted to throw my pie on him, you are frustrating

37. Daniel Bell - Prove yourself that your not another godfrey or nicholson or [censored] off

I tried to word things as best i could. Basically this is a list of who i like the most and why, to the least. Would like to hear of your opinions on these players, who should rate higher / lower? who deserves more/less respect? i love my MFC and want my opinions to be accurate .. THANKS for reading !

Edited by joe gutnick64

1. Liam Jurrah - Future of our forward line, exciting prospect, will provide many cheerful moments, will win games off his own boot, club morale lifted by one man, every time he touches the ball it turns to gold

6. Colin Sylvia - massive lift this year, very impressed with emotinoal/physical developments

Every time the ball goes anywhere near Jurrah, you can feel the crowd rising in their seats in excitement and anticipation of the next miracle he is about to perform. The miracles, the cult following - Jesus has got nothing on this bloke.

As for Sylvia, what a champ. If i was ever going to turn, he'd be the bloke. Go Col you legend!!!!!!!

Edited by Demon Disciple

Our players who get me excited are Davey, Jurrah, Green, Sylvia, Bruce, Moloney, Frawley, Grimes, Bruce, Bennell, Buckley. I like most of our players. I don't like Paul Johnson (nothing personal - never met the bloke or heard him interviewed, I just don't like him or rate him as a player) and I don't like Newton either (same dif, sure he's a nice bloke but he is not AFL-standard).

Off topic, players I like from other teams are Simon Black, Luke Power, J. Brown, Travis Johnstone, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs, Ryan O'Keefe, Jude Bolton, Brett Kirk (probably the player I respect most), Adam Goodes, Tadhg Kennelly, Jimmy Bartel, Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Nick Riewoldt, Sam Fisher, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell, Sam Mitchell, Kane Cornes, Daniel Giansiracusa, Brad Johnson, Lindsay Gillbee, Adam McPhee, Scott Thompson, James Sellar, Brock McLean and Matthew Pavlich.