Some home truths

Yze_Magic

A healthy mind would understand this.....Brock is a clearance king.

We have Recruited some Great Kids. But the Job is only 80% done. And if it isn't completed when chances are given, once again we will achieve limited Success. Losing in week 1 of finals Pi$$es me right off!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct Brock can do the Pack Work, & get it out to the Speedy Legs of our Draft Picks. Why Doesn't everybody UNDERSTAND this!!!!

True, but if Brock can't get it out if he's being tagged, it makes it easy for good opposition to bring our entire game to a screeching halt. He HAS to be able to produce against top opposition. But maybe, fully fit and with a good preseason, he can. I'm prepared to give him benefit of the doubt, because we are so much better with Brock firing.

Back on topic... None of these things are gnus... or any need for major concern, besides perhaps the Brock thing.

We know JMac is done. Robbo could very well make way which would only really be a good thing, as his influence is only going to go downhill from here if anywhere. Bruce is playing some of the best footy of his career (despite today), Y_M as usual has it completely backwards.

McLean is also, as time goes by, revealing his limits. If it IS just an injury concern, then he should be off getting fixed. He's not helping his career or reputation... or club for that matter. I'm inclined to think it's NOT actually injury. He's just still struggling with being picked up by taggers. His last couple were good examples of why he's actually in good shape, but struggling when he's not on his own.

Having more midfielders will help, as he'll get less attention. SOMEONE has to get tagged, and if it becomes a Scully or Moloney, then Brock gets back to being damaging. But I think if he's on the list, we should get used to this kind of fluctuating performance.

Back on topic... None of these things are gnus... or any need for major concern, besides perhaps the Brock thing.

We know JMac is done. Robbo could very well make way which would only really be a good thing, as his influence is only going to go downhill from here if anywhere. Bruce is playing some of the best footy of his career (despite today), Y_M as usual has it completely backwards.

No need for any concern!!! You are Joking aern't you, or are you happy to watch another 10 years of Mediocraty? I am not prepared for that & will not accpt it.

Bruce was average today regardless of what the AFL Website printed.

We needed a Top Game.

Good thread. ;) Not sure what all the commotion is about. Ling did a job on McLean and Robbo was on the AA fullback. Bruce and Green battled away and yeah their games weren't scintillating by any stretch. However I give alot of credit to a magnificent side in Geelong that won by 46 points. Disappointing for Bailey and I think we can envisage several changes to the side for next week against Sydney. WYL - yes we do need speedy midfielders for draft picks hence all the discussion of late. Nicho is right.

Edited by High Tower

Thats why we need 2 topline midfielders. If we get Scully he'll cop a heavy tag quickly. If we have more damaging mids, they can't all get the No1 tagger.

Couldn't agree more dee-luded!

Just watched Luke Hodge tear up the MCG and scorch the Pies................we have no one anywhere near a player like him in the midfield!

Have to retire Whelan, McDonald, Robbo and Wheatley. Throw in the delistings/trading of Bell & Meesen and we have our 6 spots on the list to fill with Scully and co...

If we win more than 4 games then we are [censored]...

Correct Brock can do the Pack Work, & get it out to the Speedy Legs of our Draft Picks. Why Doesn't everybody UNDERSTAND this!!!!

Insight/imagination. So many people are hurt deep by our plight, the frustration & anger gets in the way of seeing the future shape.

Couldn't agree more dee-luded!

Just watched Luke Hodge tear up the MCG and scorch the Pies................we have no one anywhere near a player like him in the midfield!

He's not particularly fast, but when you have many damaging forwards, & they "spread" when we have the ball, the space to work in should open up.

The key IMO, is to have players who are prepared to run with the ball, to carry it, doesn't have to be fast run, but rather Smart run, creative run/carry to change the position of the defenders & work them out of position.

Have to retire Whelan, McDonald, Robbo and Wheatley. Throw in the delistings/trading of Bell & Meesen and we have our 6 spots on the list to fill with Scully and co...

If we win more than 4 games then we are [censored]...

I think we need to promote Spencer & McKenzie, so we may need an extra couple of spots?

Cameron Bruce - a laughable effort today in his 200th. Classic dinky hand passes blah, blah, blah .....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by Mono

:wacko:

This illiterate reply surely sums up your mentality. No, you can't be a teacher after all. Teachers can actually write words, you know like nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives. All I did was to question your use of the word 'slightly' which was surely an understatement. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE PAL!

This illiterate reply surely sums up your mentality. No, you can't be a teacher after all. Teachers can actually write words, you know like nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives. All I did was to question your use of the word 'slightly' which was surely an understatement. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE PAL!

oh my god you need to find people in real life to get some human interaction with. As for what I said about 'SLIGHTLY' you get what I was meaning, it may have been an understatement but you don't need to point it out as if its some terrible crime. If you thought his comments were over the top big deal. I Apologize if you were insulted with an emotive face, ill try not to be so insulting :P

Ohhh and no that is not ALL you said by the way.

A bit too deep for you to understand? Sorry SIR! Are you a teacher by any chance?

Yes my intellect is that of a 6 year old's.

Are we done? I am pretty sure no one wants this pointless conversation to go on.

Well done again today Cale. Good boy :D

Edited by Mr Morton

Time for some home truths about some real battlers.

Cameron Bruce - a laughable effort today in his 200th. Classic dinky hand passes putting team mates under pressure, constant fumbles, running from contests. It was all there on display today. Who was the genius that gave him a 3 year deal? Untradeble as no other team will touch him.

laughable,wow considering he was taking on an elite midfield single handed.week after week Bruce wins the hard ball and delivers with an efficiency we can only hope a few of our players inherit.he is so far in front of our next best player this year,davey next but he is not hurting anyone.

a melbourne supporter saying this about a man who in any other side would be a borderline champ,at the least elite.

and you have been backed up,i wish i never discovered this forum

Wow, there's alot going on in this thread. Where to start...

Firstly, to everyone who is posting negative remarks about YM. You are doing exactly what he desires. If you think he's a dill then don't reply to his posts. My advice is if he really offends you, then don't reply, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!

Personally, I think there's a bit of truth in his op. Alot of what he stated is pretty obvious, ie Robo & Junior. We all know how he feels about Bruce, some of it is warranted although his delivery is mostly poor. I think the biggest problem with Bruce is that he's been played out of position for the majority of his career due to a lack of decent midfielders. He's been asked to play a role that he doesn't have the tools to play.

Cameron Bruce is not an A grader midfielder, but put him in a team like Geelong, St.Kilda or Hawthorn and he would be very damaging.

On Brock, well, this has been a pretty disappointing year. So many expectations have been thrust upon this kid, due to a lack of senior players he's had to pretty much shoulder the burden (with Nathan Jones) of the midfield. He's also had to become a leader very quickly, to a kid who should be just concentration on playing consistent footy this is alot to ask for. In reality he probably won't ever be an elite mid, but he still has alot to offer the club. He desperately needs a couple of A graders to take some of the pressure off, and we all know how we're going to achieve that...

What is it with team tank? First they want the mighty DEES to get smashed, then they have a go at players they reckon are no good and lazy!

That is what you want, you want to lose, those players are doing what you are drooling about to get the great god scully.

Why should those players care and try [if they arnt] when their so called supporters dont care, the supporters DONT what them to win.

Could the lord high poobar of team tank please tell people when we are allowed to win?

After qtr time we did pretty well, with 10 min to go we were only 2.10 behind. many geelong supporters around me were getting a teny bit worried.

What is it with team tank? First they want the mighty DEES to get smashed, then they have a go at players they reckon are no good and lazy!

That is what you want, you want to lose, those players are doing what you are drooling about to get the great god scully.

Why should those players care and try [if they arnt] when their so called supporters dont care, the supporters DONT what them to win.

Could the lord high poobar of team tank please tell people when we are allowed to win?

After qtr time we did pretty well, with 10 min to go we were only 2.10 behind. many geelong supporters around me were getting a teny bit worried.

Melbourne will start winning when we're good enough.

Melbourne will start winning when we're good enough.

These type of supporters, (not Blind Faith) surely will start to get back on-board next year if we get those picks we deserve. Belief.

We just don't believe/satisfied with the list, yet.

I agree in part about all players mentioned & in some cases ill be a little bit harder.Agree that robbo is to small to be a kpp & should only be a flanker as he can take a mark & kick a goal.My problem with him is that he would have to be the biggest diver & faker in the game.He flys for the ball & arches his back looking for a free & then sooks when he dosnt get the free & lies on the ground & dosnt chase.Mcdonald has been good over the years but is a little bit slow & dosnt have a highly skilled side to his game,ie cant hurt opposition with penetrating kicks & hes always struggled to be a goal kicking mid.Both players have been good but think they are past it now & must finish at the end of the year,we cant afford to keep carrying players like this the way the draft will be.Bruce i would keep but id get him out of the middle & maybe run him off the half forward where he has pace & he can kick a goal.Mclean has dissapointed me big time.2 years ago i thought hed step up & be elite but his decision making is ordinary,burns the ball lots & seems to always put team mates under pressure.Very slow & cant handle a tag at all.I thought he would be a future captain but the way hes playing i dont think he even has a future at the club as i dont believe he,jones & moloney can all be mid & think the other 2 are ahead of him at the moment

I'll assume that you're not the brightest fellow/girl and spell it out for you. Tankers, like me, expect (and know) that the players are giving 100% and are totally committed to winning.

And we make evaluations on their performance accordingly.

Be careful not to break an ankle coming off that horse...

We have been 'tanking' since halfway through 2007. Players have been retired early, youth has been given games they didn't deserve, and the injury prone have been wrapped in cotton wool. Why the eff should we stop now?

Our 54th loss against St Kilda since the start of 2007 will 'reward' us with an extra potential star, a 53rd loss against St Kilda will not give us that extra potential star.

You sure are uppity about one win against Richmond on the 2nd of August...