THE TOP SIX

Hannabal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 6 now or predicted?

If I had to pick my best 6 so far this year, it would be:

Jamar, Davey, Grimes, Green, Frawley and (raffle Beamer, Warnock or McDonald (James)).

But going forward, I would think it is still VERY tough to choose. Do we base it on games played already? Because if so you would probably not have a Scully or Watts in there, even though we know they are likely to turn out as great players. I think Trengove has already shown he has the talent. Jurrah is a freak but does he have the application and body to make it big? There have been tiny glimpses from Scully (but tiny) and still not much from Watts (though I was at that Coburg vs Casey debut last year when he kicked 3 goals... and that turn onto the left boot to kick that ripper goal - albeit a floater - was special!!!

Anyway, I think there is still a loooong way to go, but interested to hear a few people's selections.

I agree with your top 6 but its not one that will instill fear into opposition just yet.

HT , I often find that pinned topics get viewed less.

Tend to agree. However, that may also depend upon the type of topic for discussion. This thread is a little different to the other's that are pinned. The thread has also been bumped a couple of times, for good reason I believe.

With respect to pinned topics, I understand that they may get viewed less than the "fresh topics", but the pinned topics (unless un-pinned) don't drop off into the abyss until bumped sometime later.

We can always un-pin it, if it makes people happy.

If we don't improve, Green won't be going forward.

We must have improved. Some interesting discussion on page 1. From the discussion on the best two in each area that you raised - here's mine at present: -

Frawley, Grimes

McDonald, Trengove

Green, Bate

As for my future six, I'll stick to my previous post (post#18). I'd probably stick Frawley in for Garland in that six now and replace Blease with Trengove. Not sure about Martin. Regretful call in hindsight. No need to make that call. haha

Current top 6: Grimes, Green, Sylvia, Frawley, Davey, Jamar

Future top 6: Trengove, Grimes, Frawley, Watts, Jurrah, Scully

I pinned this topic. Mainly because I think it's important and a good reference of discussion.

Hope that's ok.

Not that it's a biggie at all, but I wouldn't have thought this needs pinning. Like basically every other thread it has its moment, then fades away when the interest dies down.

I can't imagine this thread dominating discussion for weeks.

I can't imagine this thread dominating discussion for weeks.

I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. As stated earlier, it's more of a reference for those that want to soak up something worthwhile.

Grimes

Frawley

Jamar

Davey

Trengove

Scully

Jurrah

Sylvia

Morton

Garland

Warnock

McKenzie

Then add Petterd, Watts, Blease, Strauss, Bennell, Jetta, Martin, Rivers, Maric, Gysberts, Tapscott, Wonaeamirri, Hopefully one of Spencer, Fitzpatrick or Gawn and it's no wonder the club is front ending contracts.

Thanks for the reminder

Edited by Roost It

Then add Petterd, Watts, Blease, Strauss, Bennell, Jetta, Martin, Rivers, Maric, Gysberts,Hopefully one of Spencer, Fitzpatrick or Gawn and it's no wonder the club is front ending contracts.

Tapscott the forgotten man.

Oops. Almost forgot Wona too.

Forgotten men.

Edited by Enforcer25

Tend to agree. However, that may also depend upon the type of topic for discussion. This thread is a little different to the other's that are pinned. The thread has also been bumped a couple of times, for good reason I believe.

With respect to pinned topics, I understand that they may get viewed less than the "fresh topics", but the pinned topics (unless un-pinned) don't drop off into the abyss until bumped sometime later.

We can always un-pin it, if it makes people happy.

I just remember the Melbourne Birthday thread we had a few years ago and I was keeping a close eye on the viewing and once it was pinned it seemed to be viewed much less and is harder to see, but anyway.

Yeah forgot about that! Thanks for bringing it up.

Interestingly enough, though I had forgotten the topic, I did feel very happy seeing Green going forward and I think this was part of it.

Frawley, Garland

Davey, Moloney

Jurrah, Bate

That was mine last year.

Now...?: (Probably change next week!!!)

Frawley, Grimes

Davey, Trengove

Bate, Petterd

Mind you, our back 6 is looking very difficult to name any standouts.

Mind you, our back 6 is looking very difficult to name any standouts.

Agree. I'm hoping (and I think) that is a good sign. The more they play together, the better the understanding and performance can only improve. The last couple of weeks have been good. It's good to see Garland playing with them.

We must have improved. Some interesting discussion on page 1. From the discussion on the best two in each area that you raised - here's mine at present: -

Frawley, Grimes

McDonald, Trengove

Green, Bate

As for my future six, I'll stick to my previous post (post#18). I'd probably stick Frawley in for Garland in that six now and replace Blease with Trengove. Not sure about Martin. Regretful call in hindsight. No need to make that call. haha

you got to be kidding.

my 6 at present:

Frawley, Grimes, Sylvia, Davey, Jurrah, Bate.

McDonald - although has had influence this season - is arguably gradually on decline and Trengove is an unproven up & comer.

Frawley & grimes are by far our best defenders at present.

Sylvia bar suspension last season is our best quality midfielder, second only to Davey.

Jurrah & Bate are our best forwards that trouble sides because they are dangerous around goal themselves as well as assiting other goalscorers.

you got to be kidding.

my 6 at present:

Frawley, Grimes, Sylvia, Davey, Jurrah, Bate.

McDonald - although has had influence this season - is arguably gradually on decline and Trengove is an unproven up & comer.

Frawley & grimes are by far our best defenders at present.

Sylvia bar suspension last season is our best quality midfielder, second only to Davey.

Jurrah & Bate are our best forwards that trouble sides because they are dangerous around goal themselves as well as assiting other goalscorers.

You talk about "kidding" and then fail to name Green.