Jack Watts

rodent killer

He will keep making mistakes and that's fine.

When he gets the ball, he does things with it that most in the team can't.

He'll be filthy with himself about that missed goal and dropped mark, and that's good. He needs to learn and he needs to develop ASAP, and the more he plays, the quicker that will happen.

Same goes for Jurrah.

By the way, he played on Merrett for a bit, and that guy looks like he could eat Watts for breakfast. At least 15kgs between them!

Jack will be a goodin, it'll take him a couple of years to start building a body, but he'll learn a lot in that time & will have started playing good footy by start of 2011.

He won't be at his peak till 2013 >.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Isn't the media funny, Naitanui has 8 touches and three goals and West Coast unearth a superstar, Watts against Essendon has 12 touches and kicks 2 and he isn't ready for AFL.

Funny isn't the word I would use. I'd be more tempted to say "bunch of idiots". I've seen enough of Watts to realise that he will be a very, very good footballer once he has some strength but most of the scribes would say that we should play him in the VFL until he has another 10kgs on him. How is he supposed to learn what is needed unless he can see it first hand?

I really think Watts will be a Dees' legend and a seriously good AFL player.

You can see it - the one handed mark, his kicking style, his movement. But, at the moment, he's still a skinny school kid, who's learning very, very fast.

Subject to his body holding up, I think he should play in the seniors from now until his retirement from the game. The VFL has big bodies too - Watts needs to get to know and learn the pace of AFL, not the VFL. He strikes me as a quick learner and that's what he needs right now - more AFL experience.

David Boon played against Andy Roberts when he was 16 years old. Tendulkar played from India. The equivalent at a private school played against similar aged school boys - and would most likely have gone nowhere as a result.

I say get the AFL experience into him - BUT keep pumping up his worth to the club at this same time.

Jaded lets agree to disagree but i will tell you this as i have seen all his games at casey bar 1 and trust me he did not and i mean did not dominate he just did enough, nor am i bagging this kid i feel he is the right choice for our club i think he is in the mould of brown, reiwoldts ect he has the x factor let him grow seeing him thrown around like a rag doll each time with his skinny body wont help him in future, one thing i know and that was playing at 15 against grown men hardned bodies win every time

Tez, your writing style seems to be heavily influenced by Gabriel Garcia Marquez..........hmmm.....interesting.

Loved the leadership shown by Miller after his snap in the last was miscued and went out on the full.

No chin up young fella, no keep backing yourself or that old 'keep working, it will come' chestnut.

Just a death stare to make a kid feeling a bit down on himself even worse from a man who if he had been thrown into a barrel of [censored] tonight would have been pulled out sucking his own thumb.

I thought the stare was warranted. It's not as if he went berserk at him. Watts is still on his "L" plates despite the No.1 tag. He hasn't got his licence yet. Should have known better.

I thought the stare was warranted. It's not as if he went berserk at him. Watts is still on his "L" plates despite the No.1 tag. He hasn't got his licence yet. Should have known better.

I reckon Bailey told him at half time to back himself in front of goal

Watts took that great one-handed mark in the second term and then looked to pass from 45m out, on a 30deg angle. The ensuing kick went to Robbo in the pocket and he dropped the mark.

At the time, I wished he'd had the confidence in himself and in his teammates to go back and take a shot. After all, that's what he's going to be doing for the rest of his career. He may as well start learning now.

I don't think it's any coincidence that he had a few attempts later in the game. I had no problem with him having a ping on the run in the last term. It's not as though his teammates would have done any better.

Some of the good signs so far -

- The spin and pin point 50 metre pass against Collingwood

- The 2 goals verses the Dons, showing his immaculate kicking action

- The one hand contested mark vs Brisbane

- The gather and handball to a streaking Aaron Davey, who kicked the goal vs Brisbane

Now I await a couple of things -

- A lead beginning in the goal square where he leaves his opponent for dead and marks on the lead

- A contested pack mark with as couple of opponents hanging off him

- A crafty goal in general play, such as the type he kicked in the televised Casey/Coburg game

- Some passages of play where he shows his alleged blistering speed, as so far he has looked rather slow

Scully backs Watts to find form

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/scull...6127477823.html

scully seems like another mature player for his age.. what a star! him and watts for future captain! ;)

My understanding is that they're pretty good mates, Scully comes across as being very professional though, he has a bit of Nathan Buckley about him with the way he prepares himself for games (at the same age)

Some of the good signs so far -

- Some passages of play where he shows his alleged blistering speed, as so far he has looked rather slow

Yes. Anyone noticed of recent weeks how many players have been run down by Alwyn davey, since his tackle on Jack Watts in the half backline..I've counted on two hands how many Alwyn Davey has mowed down as if they were witches hats. The latest being Kade Simpson last Friday night.

In the words of Hannabals interview with Lethal; Lethal would say, "Ooh he's awwfuwy qwuick that young Dawey boy....I hawent noticed his speed before!.."