Clint Bartram

killawatts

A couple of seasons ago, in Clint's first year, we saw flashes of brilliance and good tagging jobs on more experienced players than himself. Since then it seems as though it seems his decision making and disposal haven't developed. Don't get me wrong i think he's a hard nut and never shirks a contest but i'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to come on.

I don't like to undermining players but I struggle to see where he's going to fit in the team next season. Any thoughts?

The problem is posters on this site who over-hyped him because he played all 22 games in his first year. Wow.

It is commonly believed that he has pace, but it is rarely seen. Unfortunately Bennell has overtaken him in terms of position in the backline and will soon go ahead in midfield stakes too (if he hasn't already).

There are a few that should be given the flick before clint, though.

The problem with delisting him is, who takes his place? McDonald is too old, Dunn not up to it (IMO is a forward, and should be left there!). Bartram is the only player on out list who provides the defensive pressure and 'tank' required to take on the top midfielders in the league.

I would use Green and Bruce as our taggers. Green was great on Lovett last week and Bruce over the years has had a good record with shuting players down. I didn't think that he would have a problem with staying on the list cause I thought his attack on the ball would override his lack of skills but now I think they have made a statement with him and Jones that our poor disposal as a team will not be tolerated and I think both will struggle to be on our list at the end of the year.

reincarnation of simon godfrey, poor skills no awareness and slow thinker. i cringe when he gets the ball, you dont know what your gonna get, more than often its crap.. we dont need guys like this at the mfc

I agree with your summation , but think he's more like a reincarnation of Paul Hopgood - probably the worst skilled footballers I have ever seen in 45 years of watching the Dees religiously .

They look alike too !

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bring him back to the seniors. He should and will be a part of our future side. Still very young and already has 50 games under his belt and keeping him back at Casey for even longer is pointless. In a time when we need a bit of aggression and a tackling mindset I think it is important that he is in the side on a weekly basis.

Edited by Mr Morton

I agree with your summation , but think he's more like a reincarnation of Paul Hopgood - probably the worst skilled footballers I have ever seen in 45 years of watching the Dees religiously .

They look alike too !

________________________________________________________________________________

Aah yes, Hoppy. Hoppy was actually included in the list of 150 legends!! Unbelievable. I think Hoppy is a good bloke, and a mate of Lyon/Connolly et al, so perhaps that list should have been "150 legends and/or good blokes and/or mates of Lyon/Connolly et al"?

Back to Bartram. He may well be a top bloke, a great trier/trainer etc, but the days of players with poor skills are gone. I agree with the comparison with Simon Godfrey. If he hasn't got it, he hasn't got it. Turnovers are murder. skilled sides punish skill errors. Sides with premiership aspirations can't afford them, unless they otherwise have a team full of champions.

I don't post very often these days, so I'll this opportunity to have a coupla whinges.

There are some players who are very much whipping boys on this site. Miller, for example. And deservedly so. However there are posters who jump to their defence. Fair enough, that's their opinion. But Miller may play a series of poor matches, then play one good one (e.g. his match against fellow poor side, richmond) which supposedly is enough to make those criticising Miller "eat their words". Sorry, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Those supporting Miller still rely on his passable effort against Barry Hall years ago. He played an ok game, but Hall kept kicking points (from recollection) which made Miller's effort look better. Miller can't be more than he is; a passable footballer and a great bloke with a good looking partner. But the future of the team? I don't think so.

I can't stand posters who murder the English language. My pet hate is "could of", "would of". Punters, it's "could have" and "would have"!!

I presume that no-one is still reading this rant. So I'll move on to Hawthorn supporters. So many of them are bagging their team. FGS, they delivered a premiership!!!!!!!! I've followed Melbourne since 1964. 'nuff said.

I don't ask for much. Just one premiership.