A coach to bring home the Flag

olgreydingo

A coach to bring home the Flag  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please, I don't want to sound like a pessimist, however after the devastating loss to Eddiewood I still can not believe that we were so bad. To loose may be, but destroyed, it is still painful. So every MFC support is looking to the future, is it Watts, may be Blease, or even Scully and Butcher or another from the ranks that will be an AFL SUPERSTAR, do you think we have the best coach to take the MFC to a flag in the near future, if not who do you think. According to the Hun, the list above includes possibles out of contract this year or next and some others. <_<

If you had the ultimate choice of a coach to take the MFC to the next flag, assuming we get a priority pick this year, who would be the best choice?

I am Happy with Dean Bailey but i want Todd Viney back at the MFC in the next few years. Todd was a gun player who was Hard at it.

I hope he comes home, even as an assistant to Bails i don't mind

I'm of a similar view 'wyl', happy with Bailey. Would like to see Todd V, back @ the club.

I think Guy McKenna would be a good Front man for a club like Melbourne, If in the future.

Please, I don't want to sound like a pessimist, however after the devastating loss to Eddiewood I still can not believe that we were so bad. To loose may be, but destroyed, it is still painful. So every MFC support is looking to the future, is it Watts, may be Blease, or even Scully and Butcher or another from the ranks that will be an AFL SUPERSTAR, do you think we have the best coach to take the MFC to a flag in the near future, if not who do you think. According to the Hun, the list above includes possibles out of contract this year or next and some others. <_<

If you had the ultimate choice of a coach to take the MFC to the next flag, assuming we get a priority pick this year, who would be the best choice?

Possibly the the most inane thread I've ever seen. But then again you can't spell Bailey and you want Lyon to coach so that about sums it up. Next!

Bottom line?

Bailey is as much a chance as ANY coach... I'd rather an unproven Bailey who knows the list from teenage years, and is able to build his own list from day one (pretty much), than a old has-been who will need a seaosn or two to sort out who he wants, and to gain the respect of his players.

Norm Smith.

And don't say it couldn't happen, we have all seen Kate & Leopold.

Oh, we haven't?

You're not missing much, actually...

Very average movie...

Oh, and I didn't vote.

Very average poll...

hahahhahahaha :lol:

Sorry, but this poll is beyond second-rate. Its like 238th rate. Laughable.

Come on guys, you're better than this.

Think of something decent to put your energy into, please...

Retarded thread.

Bailey.

I don't believe this is a retarded thread at all. Why do you say that? Because your vote is Bailey? Doesn't mean everyone else's is....

For me, I have always wanted Gary Lyon as our coach and the coach that would take us to a premiership. Mostly because I loved watching him play as a youngster and also because he was such a passionate player.

This doesn't mean I am unhappy with Bailey. I think Bailey has done a more than admiral job with our list and the way he has implemented the game plan.

Hopefully it will start working within a couple of years...

I am happy with Bailey as coach but if it were up to me (before he had been appointed), it would have been Lyon.

I've been snooping around a bit & I can tell you that the inside goss is Bailey's the cream. :lol:

I've heard bits & pieces from ppl involved in the board that said Bailey was never seen as a long-term solution as coach, that he'd be fine while we were at the bottom rebuilding but will never be able to take us to a premiership.

I get the distinct impression that assessment has now changed for many.

Thanks for the support from those who think that this is not a stupid post. It is strange that everyone is allowed their opinion but as soon as you don't agree its retarded. At the moment there are so many threads on players futures, and at only half way through the season, what is the difference. I bet some of those Muppets have posted wanting certain players out for the end of the season. Well it is now half way on Bailey's contract, and why not look to the future. Everyone here what to see the mighty MFC with a flag, which is something I have never seen, and would give my left one before I die to revel in the glory. If we get picks no 1 & 2 at the end of the season we will be the last of the teams to be allowed pick 1 let alone 1 & 2 for many years. The Dawks, Carltank and Saints are the only teams that have really exploited the draft, and all are now reaping the rewards. Thomas couldn't do it at the Saints (So they sacked him), yet he had the makings of a fantastic team with Koschitzke, Riewold, Ball, Goddard, all pick 1 and 2 in 2000, 2001 and 2002. And I for one don’t want to take as long as them to be as successful as they are today. I really started this based on the total disgust, disappointment and feeling of humiliation I had after our effort against Eddiewood. If our team and coaching staff cannot make us perform on our biggest stag except finals, what is the future? So why not assess our coach, is he the one that will hold the cup aloft, or just another Thomas? Your opinion is valued, even the Muppets.

The MFC needs stability, look at the strong and successful clubs, they all have it. And yes the club needs to have a 10 year successful coach. Every post has its value, if you don't agree fine, but why bother bagging, as all our footy desires lead to one thing, a Premiership. As I say "Through our actions and attitudes create an environment that produces Premierships!" not bagging the [censored] out its supporters, right or wrong.

Probably because you might as well start a new thread on what you think next week's lotto numbers will be.

It is outlandishly stupid to not realise so.

.. and for the record: one of them will be a 2.

I am Happy with Dean Bailey but i want Todd Viney back at the MFC in the next few years. Todd was a gun player who was Hard at it.

I hope he comes home, even as an assistant to Bails i don't mind

Hopefully he comes back to the Dees when we draft Jack under father/son.