Round 4 Team

Ghost

Don't know if anyone's been to training this week but I'd be surprised if Moloney plays.

If Maric doesn't play it would be a crime.

At least Newton didn't disgrace himself last week - he didn't play at all!

Moloney is fine to go mate. Pumped to belt the tigers.

He had a bad cork on his thigh and it flared up a bit at half time so decided to ice it and call it a day but is all fine now.

Tagger is needed earnie i do agree but what about the idea of Bruce running with Brown or would that be a murder waiting to happen?

Dunn with Foley or Delid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can Newton and Jetta be emergencies if they have been named on the ground?

correct weight...

this is how I think we'll line up, with players in their proper positions...

Backs: J.Bennell, M.Warnock, J.Rivers

Half backs: J. Frawley, S. Martin, A.Davey

Centreline: B.Green, L.Dunn, C.Bruce

Half forwards: C. Morton, B.Miller ,C.Sylvia

Forwards: N.Jetta, M.Newton, M.Bate

Followers: J.Meesen, B.Moloney, B.McLean

I/C From: P.Johnson, N.Jones, R.Petterd, A.Maric

EMG: C.Bartram, K.Cheney, J.Spencer

Dunn the only one to play as a tagger... With Juice in the team, it means Miller can play at Centre Half Forward and give us something to kick to across that half forward line... Something we've really lacked the last 3 weeks...

Whoa interesting team for against Richmond.

I thought Jetta would at least be in interchange (from).

It's a disgrace that Dunn is named in the centre.

Interchange is hard to pick from. I want both Cheney and Petterd to play but I think Petterd may miss out and the other three will be Jones, Spencer and Maric. The Newton inclusion will be interesting.

Interchange is hard to pick from. I want both Cheney and Petterd to play but I think Petterd may miss out and the other three will be Jones, Spencer and Maric. The Newton inclusion will be interesting.

I'm pretty sure Cheney is in the gun... Needs to be more accountable... Go back to Casey to work on it...

Petterd can play up forward, and down back as Cheney does.

THose that want spencer in obviously didnt watch casey's game on sunday.... Even though i think PJ is massively struggling is still a better option than spence...

Maric should be in, only if fitness is still an issue!!

Also a side note is blease far off a casey game if watts is playing?

I struggle to understand some of the excitement here about Newton playing. So far he's been, at best, ordinary, every time he's run out.

Perhaps DB wants to play him for a few weeks to confirm his initial impressions.

I hope he kicks a bag but I reckon it's another part of DB trialling as much of the list as he can to determine where the future lies and you can only do that by giving them senior game time.

This is the year to see who's got it and who aint from the 'maybe' group.

I struggle to understand some of the excitement here about Newton playing. So far he's been, at best, ordinary, every time he's run out.

I'm not sure what you are reading is excitement bob......

Apprehension, confusion or possibly even fear, but I don't think there is much excitement ;) !!!

How can Newton and Jetta be emergencies if they have been named on the ground?

Because it's Thursday, we don't play till Sunday, I think this is a list put up for the media. The team IMO will be finalised tomorrow at around 5.00PM.

This is my guess at how it could shape with these names.

Because it's Thursday, we don't play till Sunday, I think this is a list put up for the media. The team IMO will be finalised tomorrow at around 5.00PM.

I'm pretty sure that they never take anyone off onto the emergencies in the starting 18. Obviously if someone gets injured late eg. James McDonald last week, things can change.

I'm pretty sure that they never take anyone off onto the emergencies in the starting 18. Obviously if someone gets injured late eg. James McDonald last week, things can change.

I don't think they're allowed to without copping a fine.

What i think is this is not a final list submitted to the AFL, I'm guessing that the final list goes in 2 days before the game is played. That would be tomorrow.

I don't think they're allowed to without copping a fine.

What i think is this is not a final list submitted to the AFL, I'm guessing that the final list goes in 2 days before the game is played. That would be tomorrow.

No.

The starting 18 stays the same.

Three are cut from the extended bench.

It is a matter of AFL policy (and accepted convention) that the named 18 take the field. Should this not be the case the resultant potential selection of a final team would play havoc with betting and other important matters.

If it was open slather, as you suggest, ie pick any 22 you like from the named 24, you are effectively able to name 276 different final teams.

It is a matter of AFL policy (and accepted convention) that the named 18 take the field. Should this not be the case the resultant potential selection of a final team would play havoc with betting and other important matters.

If it was open slather, as you suggest, ie pick any 22 you like from the named 24, you are effectively able to name 276 different final teams.

Well, I'll watch with interest to see what happens.

Take our word for it, the outcome shall be dead boring.

There are only 7 different final squads possible.

Consider also that only Bench Players are selected in the interim Scorpions side.

This is because the players selected in the nominated 18 are not available.

No.

The starting 18 stays the same.

Three are cut from the extended bench.

JMac was in our starting 18, but he did not play nor was he selected in our final squad.

Our Rd 3 squad was as follows:

Melbourne Squad

Backs: J.McDonald, M.Warnock, J.Rivers

Half backs: J. Frawley, S. Martin, B.McLean

Centreline: J.Bennell, A.Davey, C.Bartram

Half forwards: M.Bate, C.Sylvia, C. Morton

Forwards: B.Miller, R.Petterd, B.Moloney

Followers: P.Johnson, C.Bruce, B.Green

I/C From: J.Meesen, K.Cheney, N.Jones, L.Dunn, N.Jetta, J.Spencer, M.Newton

Newton is the only "In" that is guaranteed IMO as there is an article on the MFC websites stating categorically that he will play his first game for the year.

For the record i would like to see Newton and Maric come in to the side, with Spenser, Bennell and Bate emergencies.

Petterd needs to play in the back half as he has struggled up forward.

Martin to Richo (while up forward)

Warnock to Riewolt

Frawley to Morton

Rivers loose

Miller Johnson and Newton to start forward to put pressure on Richmond's lack of height in defence, with Sylvia Green and Maric.

All we are saying....is give Newton a chance.

then explain Rd 3 then?

He was named on Thursday, and left out of the game due to soreness.

Wasn't it Jethro Tull who sang "Thick as a Brick?" Newton is a cert to play.

Haydo, Junior injured himself at the Thursday training session AFTER the team had been submitted. That's the only reason he missed out. The 18 that's named on a Thursday WILL play unless there is an injury to one of them.

id love to see bruce v richo

Richo would brush him aside like a mosquito.

Martin or Warnock should get the job.