• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Benno, we'll take your 99%... :wacko:

here is the updated game thread:

sunday, february 8 at 2pm...

venue is gosch's paddock...

playing for "the duke" (the earl splading trophy)...(confirmed by both sides)...

past record is dees 1, blues 0...

confirmed players...pringle, Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, Benno (99%)...

players TBC...becks, deanox, bananas(from demonology), dookie, BL2381 ...

confirmed coaches...redleg, Whispering_Jack...

confirmed helpers...rollinson 65(from demonology)...

helpers TBC...legend, dee knees(from demonology), do it for robbie...

injury list...rivvo(from demonology) - the knee (waiting on MRI to confirm the dreaded ACL)...

apologies...Cactus, Wolfmother, Toot182, george_on_the_outer, tarzan16, grant, Freak, melbournefc, travis, jo, rusty_kingswood, james...

starting positions to be decided by the coaches on the day...

after-match beer at cricketers arms hotel, punt road...

please post on this thread to complete our numbers for february 8, and new players let us know what position(s) you would prefer to play...

work commitments mean we are going to have to wait to see bananas strut his stuff...

getting close to asking our TBC list to confirm or beg off...

playing for "the duke" (the earl splading trophy)...(confirmed by both sides)...

confirmed players...pringle, Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno...

players TBC...becks, deanox, dookie, BL2381 ...

confirmed helpers...rollinson 65(from demonology)...

helpers TBC...legend, dee knees(from demonology), do it for robbie...

injury list...rivvo(from demonology) - the knee (waiting on MRI to confirm the dreaded ACL)...

apologies...Cactus, Wolfmother, Toot182, george_on_the_outer, tarzan16, grant, Freak, melbournefc, travis, jo, rusty_kingswood, james...

please post on this thread to complete our numbers for february 8, and new players let us know what position(s) you would prefer to play...

Dee Knees is bringing extra water again... :wub:

now asking our TBC list to confirm or beg off...

confirmed players...pringle, Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno...

confirmed helpers...rollinson 65(from demonology), Dee Knees...

helpers TBC...legend, do it for robbie...

Hards in, first time in a while !! :rolleyes:

confirmed players...pringle, Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno, (90%) of Hards...

any mates of you or scotty always welcome, mate... :wub:

confirmed players...pringle, Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno, (90%) of Hards, jacko (mate of Mcl4b)...

don't be put off by our existing numbers, the heat will be as big an opponent as the talkingcarlton guys...

BL 3281 is with me now and says he can't play. Appaerently his 100kg frame is just not up to it anymore.

I emailed Dooky a few days ago, but he is away at the moment and hasn't returned my message. Hopefully I'll find out soon. As for myself, I'm still in, but battling against time with a hamstring injury which I sustained about 4 weeks ago. It just hasn't come good yet, but I still have 2 weeks from today, so fingers crossed. I'll be at the game regardless.

many thanks for that offer, pringle... :rolleyes:

hope the hamstring comes up, but on or off the field, you will be good value... :wub:

confirmed players...Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno, (90%) of Hards, jacko (mate of Mcl4b)...

players TBC...becks, deanox, dooky, pringle...

confirmed helpers...rollinson 65(from demonology), Dee Knees, pringle(if the hamstring prevents him from playing)...

apologies...Cactus, Wolfmother, Toot182, george_on_the_outer, tarzan16, grant, Freak, melbournefc, travis, jo, rusty_kingswood, james, BL2381(permanent apology)...

don't be put off by our existing numbers, the heat will be as big an opponent as the talkingcarlton guys...

we are short 2 players IMO...

30 was the number of committed players we had last time against this mob, and we scraped in for a win by the skin of our teeth...

and hoping that cribbes responds to my emails, because we are desperately in need of a ruckman...

doggo, benno and madness have filled in (in past games) but these guys are better suited to other roles...

come in cribbes, robbo24 and any other past players or new players...

we need you...

"It's taking a bloody long time to have an MRI..."

if I have understood rivvo's emails correctly, the doctors started with consevative management, and the MRI is scheduled for January 29...

rivvo is going to try to make the game on february 8 as a spectator, so we should find out more then...

cameron the bruce is an apology, but that's good news about luke, and I hope that sean can make it because he will be tested this game... ;)

talkingcarlton's numbers are starting to match ours now... <_<

confirmed players...Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty1, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno, (90%) of Hards, jacko (mate of Mcl4b), luke (mate of scotty1)...

players TBC...becks, deanox, dooky, pringle, sean (mate of scotty1)...

confirmed helpers...rollinson 65(from demonology), Dee Knees, pringle(if the hamstring prevents him from playing)...

apologies...Cactus, Wolfmother, Toot182, george_on_the_outer, tarzan16, grant, Freak, melbournefc, travis, jo, rusty_kingswood, james, BL2381(permanent apology), cameron the bruce...

hoping that cribbes responds to my emails, because we are desperately in need of a ruckman...

doggo, benno and madness have filled in (in past games) but these guys are better suited to other roles...

come in cribbes, robbo24 and any other past players or new players...

we need you...

I don't mind playing in the ruck again, i think i've done a decent job in the centre square in the past, but ideally it would be nice to have a strong (tall!) ruckman take the majority of the ruck and myself play a smaller support role. This match is gonna be a very tight and fierce contest (well, for forum games anyway) and we'll definitely need to win the midfield battle and be switched on all day. They'll be hungry to beat us after last time.

Cribbes is a very accomplished player and very tall ruckman, come in mate!!

well, WJ, 4-6 weeks may be a bit optimistic about rivvo, but we will find out more by game time...

confirmed players...Doggo, funky41, Charlesy, Heater, Oxxx, Mclean4brownlow, scotty1, Imtoohot, Wise, the_russian and one mate, Tassie_Dee and two mates, fuzz, ucanchoose, madness, scotty2 (mate of madness), mickrocks1, BennytheJet, Demon_Tingles, swannie (mate of fuzz), The Stynes Factor, dazzledavey36, 45hotgod, (99%) of Benno, (90%) of Hards, jacko (mate of Mcl4b), luke (mate of scotty1)...

players TBC...becks, deanox, dooky, pringle, sean (mate of scotty1)...

injury list...pringle 1-2 weeks, rivvo(from demonology) - the knee (waiting on MRI to confirm the dreaded ACL)...

apologies...Cactus, Wolfmother, Toot182, george_on_the_outer, tarzan16, grant, Freak, melbournefc, travis, jo, rusty_kingswood, james, BL2381(permanent apology), cameron the bruce...

the forum footy organiser on talkingcarlton, barnsey, is a top bloke and obviously a talented and energetic organiser...

he wants a clarification, and I am happy to post it here...

the ex-AFL player (who played for carlton and may play for talkingcarlton) is a mate of a poster on their site...

they have not gone out actively recruiting to gain an unfair advantage...

we were waiting for the news, and here it is...

cribbes is unavailable... :o

and deanox as well (no wobbly torpedo goals or other under 9's skills on display this game)... :lol:

now asking the rest of our TBC list to confirm or beg off...

players TBC...becks, dooky (pringle's brother), pringle, sean (mate of scotty1)...

confirmed helpers...rollinson 65(from demonology), Dee Knees, pringle (if the hamstring prevents him from playing)...

injury list...pringle 1-2 weeks, rivvo(from demonology) - the knee (waiting on MRI to confirm the dreaded ACL)...

apologies...Cactus, Wolfmother, Toot182, george_on_the_outer, tarzan16, grant, Freak, melbournefc, travis, jo, rusty_kingswood, james, BL2381(permanent apology), cameron the bruce, cribbes, deanox...

I'm looking VERY doubtful to play. Although it was 4 weeks ago that I did the hammy, the healing process hasn't gone to plan. I may have tried to overdo the rehab. These things happen when you get a bit older I guess, although at 29 I'm hardly over the hill. Went to the physio today and going for an ultrasound tomorrow to assess the damage. Hopefully it's not worst case scenario and a few more days of rest will see me through. I'm still optimistic and hoping that, unlike '426', I don't earn the name '122' :P