Brisbane & Vossy on the move

H_T

At the start of 2008, I predicted Brisbane to reach the final 8 by the end of the season. It seems they lost their way when our Demons beat them mid year.

Michael Voss and Brisbane are looking at getting Ben Cousins, as the Saints have declared they will not try to out do the Lions (who have picks before the Saints), and Nick Davis' manager has talked positively about fruitful talks in Brisbane - about picking up Davis in the Pre Season draft.

From the outside it looks as though Vossy has no qualms in dealing with this troublesome duo.

BEN TO BRISBANE??

LIONS LOOK UPON CUZ & DAVIS

IMO Voss must be confident in doing great things with his team next year. Although these two are rough diamonds, they can play. Your thoughts?

I guess he's trying to cash in on the Brown and Bradshaw era.

Neither are youngsters, and Brown isn't the type of guy who's likely to be playing at 35.

Browns body certainly won't hold up until then. Davis is 28 - he would have some work to do, to impress Voss. A new club and Voss watching over him might just kick start him again. A good third option with Brown & Bradshaw up forward would be mouth watering for Voss. If they get Cousins, all of the sudden - Black, Cousins, Johnstone, Power, Rischetelli, Adcock, etc the midfield looks very handy.

Neither are youngsters, and Brown isn't the type of guy who's likely to be playing at 35.

Exactly. There performance last year was galling given the expectations after they traded their first round pick for TJ. They are in the hunt while they have Brown, Bradshaw and Black.

Maybe Voss shares Paul Roos' philosophy that proven talented players are better than unproven youngsters at the bottom end of the draft.

I share this philosophy.

From the outside it looks as though Vossy has no qualms in dealing with this troublesome duo.

-----

IMO Voss must be confident in doing great things with his team next year. Although these two are rough diamonds, they can play. Your thoughts?

Is everyone forgetting the story about Voss when he was captain and he found out a younger player had been done for drugs? In front of everyone he grabed the player, through him against a locker and told him that "if you ever bring drugs into my club again i'll f_cking kill you" or something along those lines. That was just when he was captain, now he has even more control as the coach. He tries to display this calm exterior in the media, but you can tell that he's a massive control freak, he loves the club with a huge passion and he's plans to be ruthless about getting them back on top.

So it's no surprise that Voss would be willing to accept these sort of players, he'll rule with an iron fist and they'll have to follow his lead to play at 'his' club.

I agree with what a lot have said, Brisbane have a limited window left which is largely dependant on Brown & Black, maybe a maximum of about 4 years. Also whoever said Charman is onto something, but i think they'd also need Luenburger to come on, then they'd start looking really dangerous.

Is everyone forgetting the story about Voss when he was captain and he found out a younger player had been done for drugs? In front of everyone he grabed the player, through him against a locker and told him that "if you ever bring drugs into my club again i'll f_cking kill you" or something along those lines. That was just when he was captain, now he has even more control as the coach. He tries to display this calm exterior in the media, but you can tell that he's a massive control freak...

He is very direct and handy outside a nightclub too. B)

Cousin's training and playing ethos should be right up Voss's alley. There should be little to change there. And all the other stuff ( :unsure: ) will be the realm of the BL management and AFL unless it seeps into his playing capacity.

Davis is a speculative punt. Voss and Davis seem chalk and cheese in attitude and commitment. Davis has burnt bridges at two clubs now who had disciplined premiership coaches at the helm. I reckon Davis will struggle at Brisbane.

I also reckon it will be interesting to see how TJ goes (lasts) under Voss.

Cousin's training and playing ethos should be right up Voss's alley. There should be little to change there. And all the other stuff ( :unsure: ) will be the realm of the BL management and AFL unless it seeps into his playing capacity.

Davis is a speculative punt. Voss and Davis seem chalk and cheese in attitude and commitment. Davis has burnt bridges at two clubs now who had disciplined premiership coaches at the helm. I reckon Davis will struggle at Brisbane.

He also handles billiard balls well too. B)

I agree with your thoughts on Cousins. Davis I'm not sure on. ALthough a change in club and coach might help. However, I only see it as a short term goal by Voss. I think these two additions - if BL secure them - are proof as to where BL see themselves in the hunt. ie. Not far off top 4.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they 9 and 6 at some stage this season. They failed in making the finals. Brown and Bradshaw kicked nearly 150 between them. That would be dissapointing for Lethal.

I also reckon it will be interesting to see how TJ goes (lasts) under Voss.

I was in Ireland with the Australian Team for the International Rules series in 2006 & I remember the 3 of Voss, Davis & James McDonald were living in each other's pockets the entire time.

Nothing funnier than the night a mate & I were wandering back to the hotel plastered at the end of the night, only to come across those 3 drunkenly wrestling about 10 irish teenagers on the grass in the park. It was a very wet night and it was all fun & games, I might add. Just a bit of boys being boys.

But they were very close & I imagine would still have a good relationship unless somethign has come between them.

Nothing funnier than the night a mate & I were wandering back to the hotel plastered at the end of the night, only to come across those 3 drunkenly wrestling about 10 irish teenagers on the grass in the park. It was a very wet night and it was all fun & games, I might add. Just a bit of boys being boys.

But they were very close & I imagine would still have a good relationship unless somethign has come between them.

At least Voss did not get taped doing something that he clearly should not have done!

Davis is talented, but lazy, selfish and has had an attitude that has p1$$ed off a two focussed clubs. The things underlined could soon cause a rupture in the relationship.

I was in Ireland with the Australian Team for the International Rules series in 2006 & I remember the 3 of Voss, Davis & James McDonald were living in each other's pockets the entire time.

Interesting insight there Shaft. Did you join in?

Interesting insight there Shaft. Did you join in?

Hahaha Not a chance. Those young blokes were thrown around like rag dolls, but they loved it.

And Vossy is BIG up close. He's just a HUGE man.

Something you can't help but love about the irish, they just throw their body in with complete abandon.

One day we went out the front of a pub for kick to kick on the wet cobblestones & the aussies were pretty tame, taking it easy so we didn't fall on our ar$e.

The frail irish boys that joined in (in droves) were slinging each other to the ground & bouncing straight back up. Brilliant to see.

I got a lot of little insights during that time. For instance I wasn't surprised when Schneider was traded.

Most obnoxious immature pest around, & it didn't take long for the other players to realise it.

Hahaha Not a chance. Those young blokes were thrown around like rag dolls, but they loved it.

And Vossy is BIG up close. He's just a HUGE man.

Something you can't help but love about the irish, they just throw their body in with complete abandon.

One day we went out the front of a pub for kick to kick on the wet cobblestones & the aussies were pretty tame, taking it easy so we didn't fall on our ar$e.

The frail irish boys that joined in (in droves) were slinging each other to the ground & bouncing straight back up. Brilliant to see.

I got a lot of little insights during that time. For instance I wasn't surprised when Schneider was traded.

Most obnoxious immature pest around, & it didn't take long for the other players to realise it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVkBoZraLMg