I have a renewed confidence in Dean Bailey

So champ what game plan will suit an inexperienced, raw, slow, low skill team with little leadership, no "A" class players with poor disposal skills? I am still waiting for your alternative.

The issue is you need star players to play any legitimate winning game plan. We dont have them period. Such players have to be drafted, developed and educated. This is what is happening now. However, such a process of educating younger players is being done in the backdrop of lack of experienced leaders and class players coupled with a disstablising period for the Club off field

So who were the star players in 2006 when we made the 2nd week of the finals? We had no "A" class players back then, but we were competive. Why, because the players were confident with the coach's game plan, and it's amazing how good your skills look when you are playing with confidence.

At the start of this season, when we were equally as abysmal as we are now, we had the same leaders as we did in 2006. So don't give me this b#llshit about lack of experienced leaders.

And the debt demolition via the new board, has really had a destabilising affect on the playing group. Jeez you talk [censored]!!! Even Bailey wouldn't dare use that as an excuse.

As for the game plan, well as my nemesis Hannabal pointed out, we play reactive football. The players are not permitted to play instinctive football, and as such, look hesitant. They are scared to deviate outside the run and carry game plan, hence they take time to think before they react.

And what's so wrong about a quick kick into the forward line, with a structure that permits it? Instead we handball around in circles, which allows the opposition time to zone off. If Malcolm Blight can see that it's garbage to handball around in circles, rather than a long kick into the forwardline, then why can't you?

Well, I still have great faith in DB.

Let's face it, he picked a team that I knew would be thrashed, as I'm sure he (as most of us would have) expected Geelong to win by well over 100 points - which, had they kicked straight, would have happened - and any win by us would have cost us the golden spoon. It becomes totally wooden again in 2010. At the same time the club give 3 stalwarts a send off instead of a ride in an open car.

WE still saw Grimes show that he's got IT, Warnock give Richo a touch up, Cale Morton always in space and with an 84% effective disposal rate, and Maric be really clever in traffic. We also saw Col Sylvia show his dedication by coming back on when he didn't need to and continue to give his all.

Does anyone on this site believe we would have been been beaten by an ordinary Richmond outfit that had nearly as many errors as we did had Brock, Moloney, Rivers, Davey, Robbo, Wonna, PJ, etc, etc., played.

I love the improvement in so many players.

Hawthorn 4 years ago were lamentable, and Clarkson was the worst coach in the world according to Hawk's fans. They're not saying that now.

Youth policy means patience. One thing I've learnt in my 51 years as a Melbourne member is patience.

Bring on 2011 with us challenging for top 4.

By mid year we had lost our main forward targets, our best midfielder, our best defender add a few more weeks add our fatsest and most creative player. The coach played players that for the past 2-3 years never got a chance to play regular game time at AFL level. One was PJ always second fiddle to White but with out doubt he is our best big man, the other is Buckley a few adjusments with his decision making and diposals and he will be a very good wing man.

With Bate being forced to bear the hard leading CHF role and Miller required closer to goal we struggled to clear our defensive zone. We had no target going forward which forced us to chip around in the back half until we turned it over. We didn't attack the game we had a defensive keep the ball mind set and the problem we have is we didn't have the skill to keep the ball.

Next year what will change, the young players have to improve a hell of a lot for us to be competitive. He also need Robbo, Rivers, Mclean, Davey and PJ to be fit for at least 20 games.

Bailey made some big calls this year, he could of kept Ward, Godfrey and Co played Yze, White and Holland and we still would of finished bottom three but we would have been more competitive but this would off delayed what happened this year.

So who were the star players in 2006 when we made the 2nd week of the finals? We had no "A" class players back then, but we were competive. Why, because the players were confident with the coach's game plan, and it's amazing how good your skills look when you are playing with confidence.

We were a middle of rung side in 2006 like we were in 2004 and 2005. Our absence of class players is one of the reason we proceeded no further. It really amusing how you laud the ex coach's game plan when ND started ditching it in late 2006 realising it was not going to get that MFC any further. Now why would he do that. And you are right your skills do look better when you have got confidence. But Mo, even your fractured view of the game would have identified that we are playing a list so young and inexperience with alleged leaders like Neitz, White and Yze who's games have disappeared. No wonder there confidence is shot.

And if you dont like the game plan Mo, what game plan would you suggest to make us "competitive" given you have said elsewhere that a premiership is not important.

At the start of this season, when we were equally as abysmal as we are now, we had the same leaders as we did in 2006. So don't give me this b#llshit about lack of experienced leaders.

We also lacked leadership in 2006. It was a problem then. Its a greater problem now especially when the core of the team is U23 and the leaders you think so good just dont and cut it in AFL. I 'm not surprised you cant see that. Its more of the same.

And the debt demolition via the new board, has really had a destabilising affect on the playing group. Jeez you talk [censored]!!! Even Bailey wouldn't dare use that as an excuse.

If a wingnut like you cant see the impact on a Club of an overthrow 2 CEO, 1 CFO, a complete Board turnover, a tin rattle to raise money for a Club strapped for resources where its very existent what hope do you have Mo?

As for the game plan, well as my nemesis Hannabal pointed out, we play reactive football. The players are not permitted to play instinctive football, and as such, look hesitant. They are scared to deviate outside the run and carry game plan, hence they take time to think before they react.

Mo we play reactive football because we have about 12 raw inexperienced players that have less than 40 games experience where we have a third world midfield that cant win contested possession. The outcome is not a design of the gameplan but a reflection of the state of the list. The players are under the pump against more experienced, stronger and more skilled opposition.

Now how about that game plan we are waiting for?

And what's so wrong about a quick kick into the forward line, with a structure that permits it? Instead we handball around in circles, which allows the opposition time to zone off. If Malcolm Blight can see that it's garbage to handball around in circles, rather than a long kick into the forwardline, then why can't you?

Once again its not the game plan but the outcome of the factors there in.

Bailey will be judged over the longer term of coaching tenure by the results. However, it is widely recognised that he has taken a train wreck of a list and it going to take time to develop and educate kids how to play a proper brand of football.

Does Bailey owe you money or has he dudded a member of your family? I am not sure why you have undertaken such a vindictive and shallow crusade against Bailey. And from the bile you have put up, clearly neither do you.

I think it's more about poor execution - we certainly have plans. The obvious one that comes to mind for me is where we sit a guy off the pack 5-10 metres defensive side of the contest, win the ball and handball behind to that player. I remember them practicing it out in the middle of TD when I was early to the Richmond v Melb game.

Yes I remember that to. Alot of sides implement the same drill in a game. It commands proper execution to be effective at these stoppages. As the players become more experienced and used to each others tasks, it will become more effective over a period of time. Hopefully this summer :)