Robert Warnock

Tolstoys Nudge

With repect to Carlton, if they do offer a second round draft choice, the Dees should have them covered.

Forget about us covering Carlton. The crux of this is where he wants to go. Freo will end up doing a deal with that club and the loser can only look on and weep.

We need to convince him to select us, end of story.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(3) the afl has cleared us of any wrong doing in relation to the meeting we had with Robbie last month.

Hilarious. We get investigated yet the suggestion is he wants to go to Carlton. Would he decide that on his own or would he have been spoken to? When would that have been, yesterday or during the season? I note Icke flew over to speak to him several weeks ago. Anyone investigating Carlton?

Last year they were so far up Judd's backside during the season but no investigation either.

Wouldn't it be wonderful. They get Warnock as well as Judd, we get investigated and they laugh at us again. Hope not.

How much have you seen of him? The fact that you have put him in the same category as our existing NQRs suggest you have not such much at all.

If we had a Cox or Sandilands then I would not be so fussed but we need to land a good ruckman who can move into a 1st ruck role and hold it capability for many years with good upside. There is a reason that 3 clubs are having a serious crack at him.

I don't normally make it my practice to watch Fremantle games but I have seen him in three or four televised games in which he played and I was somewhat underwhelmed.

Perhaps I missed the really good stuff so if you could tell me in which of his handful of games played this year he stood out or did something to whet your appetite, then I will look out for that game in the event that it's replayed on Foxtel over the off season.

Hilarious. We get investigated yet the suggestion is he wants to go to Carlton. Would he decide that on his own or would he have been spoken to? When would that have been, yesterday or during the season? I note Icke flew over to speak to him several weeks ago. Anyone investigating Carlton?

Last year they were so far up Judd's backside during the season but no investigation either.

Wouldn't it be wonderful. They get Warnock as well as Judd, we get investigated and they laugh at us again. Hope not.

Theres nothing that says clubs cant talk 'socially' with players, that they cant suss out the lay of the land etc. It was leveled at us that we actually effectively put an offer to him...which is naughty naughty!!

Now ..whats inferred..and whats actually spelt out ??? lol.. thats the diference..Good on Melb for being proactive and pushing the envelope...better us than some other crowd. ;)

Guest demonsrule

Forget about us covering Carlton. The crux of this is where he wants to go. Freo will end up doing a deal with that club and the loser can only look on and weep.

If he wants to go to Carlton then it will happen. Most players who want to go to a club usually end up there!

If he wants to go to Carlton then it will happen. Most players who want to go to a club usually end up there!

Well i guess that's it then.... :(

if he's believed to be wanting to go to Carlton, they're dead set favourites to get him unless he changes his mind. :angry:

Well i guess that's it then.... :(

if he's believed to be wanting to go to Carlton, they're dead set favourites to get him unless he changes his mind. :angry:

conjecture speculation and imagination !!

Only one person knows what Robbie Warnock wants to do at this moment..and dare I suggest its Robbie Warnock..and also that its "at this minute"

He jsut made up his mind to go..thats the first step. he will no doubt have found solace and possible sage wisdom from his family. He's now at the next step, what and where to go. His advice will most likely be to see what is presented, not exaclty a brain tester that one !!

its far from game over..in fact its only now that its GAME ON !! dont slit wrists just yet!

To be brutally honest, if we want him enough, we should be able to get him.

Whatever Carlton put on the table to Freo, we should be able to match or better given our draft positions.

For personal terms, there should also be no issue in bettering any financial deal that Carlton put on the table as well. Particularly given the exodus of some upper echelon wage earners this year. I suspect that any preference he has for a given club would be relatively slight and easily translated into cash form.

If we want him enough.

I don't normally make it my practice to watch Fremantle games but I have seen him in three or four televised games in which he played and I was somewhat underwhelmed.

You must be suicidal watching MFC rucks then.

To be brutally honest, if we want him enough, we should be able to get him.

If we want him enough.

Just like Chris Judd! :unsure:

If Warnock does not want to go to MFC then we are stuffed. He is in free agent mode subject to his club of choice (other than MFC) coming to an agreement with Freo on a trade.

If Freo and Carlton cant agree then Warnock spills to the PSD and we could snap him up in a less than preferred manner.

If Warnock does not want to go to MFC then we are stuffed.

Ultimately ..YES

The job at hand is to "enlighten " him..and show him the way !!! :lol:

let the games commence

Guest Jack Watts
Just like Chris Judd! :unsure:

If Warnock does not want to go to MFC then we are stuffed.

That my friends is unfortunately what it will come down to.

We can offer all we want but it'll all come down to his preference of where he wants to play. In the Sun today it states that he will be a secondary ruckman to Kruezer at Carlton, he already is a secondary at Fremantle so that's a positive on our side.

But in terms of risky trades, is he really worth all the fuss? I know he's got a massive amount of potential but I don't think there's any point of risking our number 1 draft pick this year for a hopeful superstar, & right now, that's all he is.

I defenetely want to see him at MelbourneFC next year but not for anything too 'major'.

We have his brother so hopefully that will play on his mind. I know it would play on mine if I had an opportunity to play with my brother in the AFL.

Guest Jack Watts
Lets hope he is as good a brother as you are.

Welcome to Demonland.

Thanks 'Redleg', appreciate it.

Who knows, they might not be the only brothers at MelbourneFC next year with talks on Alwyn Davey buzzing round the Club.

Ultimately ..YES

The job at hand is to "enlighten " him..and show him the way !!! :lol:

let the games commence

Is it definite Robbie will pick one preference club?

How about he just want to return to Vic and he doesn't mind where he goes. Maybe give Freo 3 preferences and let Freo do a deal that best suits them. Or is it nothing personal, just business these days.

Guest demonsrule
Thanks 'Redleg', appreciate it.

Who knows, they might not be the only brothers at MelbourneFC next year with talks on Alwyn Davey buzzing round the Club.

How good would it be to have both Davey boys running around???

Is it definite Robbie will pick one preference club?

How about he just want to return to Vic and he doesn't mind where he goes. Maybe give Freo 3 preferences and let Freo do a deal that best suits them. Or is it nothing personal, just business these days.

I conced its a possibility.. I just dont see this as a particularly likely.

heres why

Youre a decent player; feeling a little under loved and utilised. Youre young and feel more confortable back in a land you know ( called Vic ). Your intelligent enough to listen to advice You seek counsel. You are aware of your growing value and opportunites.

You now understand that YOU can decide your fortunes...both monetarily and location.

Why on earth would you allow Freo..who hadnt had your best interest at heart before..to decide it NOW ??

No..he'll go where he WANTS to !!

If Warnock does not want to go to MFC then we are stuffed. He is in free agent mode subject to his club of choice (other than MFC) coming to an agreement with Freo on a trade.

If Freo and Carlton cant agree then Warnock spills to the PSD and we could snap him up in a less than preferred manner.

Therein lies one major difference to the Judd situation.

The only club that could put that sort of pressure on Carlton last year was Richmond, and they chose not to. That and because, behind closed doors, I suspect West Coast were pretty happy with what they ended up with out of that trade as no-one was going to give more.

I doubt also that Warnock yet has the credibility in the footy world to pick and choose where he wants to go as Judd could, particularly if he's making statements about doing the right thing by Fremantle. Depending on what Kerr does as well, Warnock's view will be irrelevant if Carlton aren't in the ballpark for a trade.

I strongly suspect it will take pick 17 or 19 to get this over the line though, not the 3rd (or later) round pick some have been suggesting on here.

I strongly suspect it will take pick 17 or 19 to get this over the line though, not the 3rd (or later) round pick some have been suggesting on here.

Have a funny feeling also that 19 might be the clincher..But only really if Warnock indicates a desire to come to us.

Guest Jack Watts

I wouldn't be comfortable with that...

I conced its a possibility.. I just dont see this as a particularly likely.

heres why

Youre a decent player; feeling a little under loved and utilised. Youre young and feel more confortable back in a land you know ( called Vic ). Your intelligent enough to listen to advice You seek counsel. You are aware of your growing value and opportunites.

You now understand that YOU can decide your fortunes...both monetarily and location.

Why on earth would you allow Freo..who hadnt had your best interest at heart before..to decide it NOW ??

No..he'll go where he WANTS to !!

His manager would also be derelict in his duty if he didn't make sure Warnock knew he could choose his destination .... and given the choice WHO in their right mind would say 'nah, let them decide - i'll go anywhere'

God forbid, the poor lad could end up with the filth! (if he's a victorian and not a pies supporter it is in his blood to loathe them) :P

Sorry, but this 'anywhere in vic' situation won't happen

If he picks the MFC great but if not no great lose Ruckman are over rated Freo have the best Tap ruckman and a top forward they finished third last. One thing I wouldn't be doing is giving Freo one of our top three picks. If he picks us third round pick only for Freo.