• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

We get to choose clash jumper

Pinball Wizard

Bloody good work guys.

I reckon the white numbers on the back of this one would be a great result

redbacknc7.jpg

a bit rushed..but sort of gives you the idea..( maybe..maybe not !! lol ) :D

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blocking us from Red couldn't have anything to do with the GC 17 uniform could it?

On those days we'll just trot out that other little number of ours we have.. you know..the Blue one !!! :rolleyes:

But if the AFL want them to wear a strip that is predominantely red and blue with smatterings of yellow and white, it wouldn't surprise me if this is some part of the reason Vlad wants us to wear white. :)

But if the AFL want them to wear a strip that is predominantely red and blue with smatterings of yellow and white, it wouldn't surprise me if this is some part of the reason Vlad wants us to wear white. :)

I dont doubt there may be some sort of back story to all this.. I mean.. we all know where the allegiances of the AFL lay !! They seem to forget they are supposed to be working FOR us..not agianst us.

Still we dont even know what this NoName side's jumper looks like. :huh:

all this fan fare about nothing !! :wacko:

Well there's something stopping us from using Red as a base, and i've been trying to figure it out but can't do it for the life of me.

Hopefully the club is able to push it's case. The magical "50/50" split i'm taking as a positive that we're doing that

out of interest i got an email back from martin cox today letting me know that my opinion would be considered. great to hear the club is responding to this stuff, and i hope we end up with a good result.

I think MC migh tbe rationing responses to me...lol :lol::lol:

I have the notion the club might be plesantly ( if ) surpised at the interest taken in this matter .

out of interest i got an email back from martin cox today letting me know that my opinion would be considered. great to hear the club is responding to this stuff, and i hope we end up with a good result.

<< Still waiting to hear from the club regarding my suggestion or support for Demon Of Life/Clint Bizkits clash jumper. <_<

I just hope we don't bend over and accept the white in our jumper, and as a club turn to the supporters and claim it was some "link to our traditional heritage" when it is clearly just the whim of the AFL.

We are Red and Blue, that's the way it should stay. Is MC the only person we can contact?

And the club does seem very selective as to who receives replies, some are like lightening, others never come (i emailed a two page letter with my ideas two months ago and never got a reply)

<< Still waiting to hear from the club regarding my suggestion or support for Demon Of Life/Clint Bizkits clash jumper. <_<

when and whom did you email? i sent it to the info@ address and marked it attention martin cox. this was earlier in the week.

out of interest, did your email address a particular jumper or the general issue of using red instead of white? because mine addressed using red, and supported any jumper that used red and no white.

If Martin gets the time..Im sure he'll respond to those he can.

Not suggesting for a moment anyone has..but its always good form to keep a respectful and civil tone in any correspondence with the club..its not amongst us after all.. :lol:

Dont take it as a slight there HT..if you sent him something..Im sure he read it :)

when and whom did you email? i sent it to the info@ address and marked it attention martin cox. this was earlier in the week.

out of interest, did your email address a particular jumper or the general issue of using red instead of white? because mine addressed using red, and supported any jumper that used red and no white.

I sent it to the same email address. Attention to Marketing Department. Earlier this week also.

Mine addressed the issue of using red, and addressed no white. With a few exclamation marks.... <_<

Along with the suggestion of Clint's clash jumper.

So, is this just lip service from MFC saying they are hearing us about Red&Blue, knowing White is a done deal, or do you think Red&Blue is now being considered?

It would be great to know who is backing the White scenario. I thought AFL were dictating White to us but now I'm not so sure. Too many different stories coming out of MFC.

As 45hotgod says in earlier post, "Well there's something stopping us from using Red as a base, and i've been trying to figure it out but can't do it for the life of me".

It would be nice to know where the battleground lies.

i think it the afl making us bend over for them. we cant kick up a fuss because they will pull funding.

i think it is worth us, as members, letting the club know where we stand on the issue. if there is a astrong enough voice it might have some credence with the afl. i am sure the mfc is listening. but there is nothing to say that they dont have marketing advice, supporter surveys and other details that indicate white is the way to go for any number of reasons. and in all honesty, while we are all getting behind the red jumper now (and i think the red with the blue monogram looks substantially better), didnt a lot of people complain about the red with the blue m a few years ago as well?

didnt a lot of people complain about the red with the blue m a few years ago as well?

yes..but that was before..... Pajamagate !!!! :lol:

I sent mine to membership dept on Tuesday and had a reply the same day... also sent one yesterday and got a reply yesterday. That's one thing you have to say, they are NOW great at replying ASAP.

Just thought Id have a look at what this looks like with blue side panels etc..in the vogue of the designs sent to us.

newjumperkf3.jpg

I originally voted for 'A', but this leaves it for dead. Well done Bub!

It appears this is now the club response to Clash Jumper, which pretty much says it all.

No predominantly red jumper guys, appears the decision is made.

"We appreciate your feedback regarding MELBOURNEfc's uniform. MELBOURNEfc experimented with some colours to create a uniform appearance in the early years of its existence. A distinctive white outfit was used, which led to one of the Club's earliest nicknames - 'Invincible Whites'. This made way for red and blue in the 1870s, but still has an important place in the Melbourne Football Club's earliest history and cultural background.

Clash jumpers are in place to ensure that there is clear differentiation between the teams to benefit the players, the spectators, the officials, and the broadcast and media partners amongst others. A ‘main’ playing uniform and an ‘alternate’ playing uniform are mandatory for all Clubs as stipulated by the AFL.

The other criteria enforced by the AFL surround the length of time a jumper must be used and it's colouring. Dark playing strips need a light coloured alternative, as in the case of our silver jumpers and an "alternate" jumper must also be used for a minimum of two years. Unfortunately, the AFL will not allow Red to be the predominant colour. The AFL have determined that the MELBOURNEfc home strip clashes with Brisbane, St Kilda, Essendon, Fremantle and Carlton. This clash occurs mainly due to the dark back of our jumper and those of the clubs listed.

The voting for the clash jumper has been very close and will be announced shortly. The voting poll has not been altered in any way to sway the voting to either side."

Undersigned by Membership Officer (whom I won't name here)

---------------------------

Still begs the question as to why other clubs, eg Essendon, can have a predominantly Red clash strip.

That's the second email we've seen reading as such, which seems to very from what MC was telling us.

Is the club not on the same page regarding this?

I think MC may be using his conciliatory marketing skills to keep us at bay until the White Demon strip is announced.