would you take this?

Bails

Pick one - Watts

Pick one pre season - Rob Warnock

Trade - Sylvia for Alwyn Davey

Delist - Weetra, Meesen, Bode,

Retire - White, Yze, Holland,

Possible Trade (whatever we can get) - Carroll, Bell,

and then use the draft accordingly.......

I think not a bad outcome for us to be honest!!

Pick one - Watts

Alwyn Davey has proven himself, Sylvia is a 5 year (no 3 Draft) player not proven. Bummers will not fall for it

Agree everything except Sylvia for Davey. Sylvia is frustrating and he needs to put in a solid pre-season and drop some weight and improve his fitness giving him the ability to play more often in the midfield when required.

We already have Aaron, Aussie and Maric as small crumbing forwards - why on earth would you want another one?

well not really..

sylvia is sluggish to say the least

essendon like him

we have davey # 1 so davey # 2 along with aussie in the forward line could be lethal!

As much as I think having alwyn would be good, i think he is probably one of the few types of players we don't need. If we are going to trade Sylvia I think we should at least get a player we need.

Sylvia is building to something, I think people should just re-adjust their expectations on him.

I would not swap Sylvia for Davey. Sylvia, as frustrating as he is, offers us a power mid sized forward or midfielder, someone who may replace Robbo's role. As stated by others we have our Davey, Maric and Aussie as our small crumbers and I still have high hopes of Sylvia getting his body right. Alwyn has also had his own share of injuries.

As for Warnock in the PSD, yes at this stage, however would like to see the quality of the available field before settling on him. Hasn't proven to be a worldbeater, but has had limited opportunities and injuries and to be honest I haven't seen much of him. Like Peter Street though, being tall isn't everything and maybe Jake Spencer can step up over the next couple of seasons.

Have to daveys could be handy, for when one goes missiing the other one can step up. Just when we make finals hopefully alwyn can step up because aaron hasnt yet.

And if they both go missing..............we're in deep poop!

essendon like him

Essendon like him? All the more reason to keep him one would of thought. :lol: PS. Melbourne likes him more. :lol:

we have davey # 1 so davey # 2 along with aussie in the forward line could be lethal!

Very much so lethal............it could kill us!

I'd definitely consider trading Sylvia for Davey. As good as a balanced team can be, there's something to be said for really developing a strength. If you can play to that strength, it may stretch other teams and end up winning you a lot of games because of it.

Aussie in the forward pocket with Aaron and Alwyn Davey rotating through the forward line and midfield. There wouldn't be many teams that could stop all three every game. One of them would be bound to cut loose every game.

Add to that our developing top draft picks and a strong leading Centre Half Forward/Full Forward in Brad Miller to straighten us up and we could cause some real damage. And we all know that forwardline pressure is what it's all about nowadays. Keep it in there and you're bound to score. I think it would be good, even though I do like what Sylvia could become.

Guest Demon85

Why on earth would we want ANOTHER bloody small forward?! We need a big strong guy up there to compliment the young small forwards we already have.

Why on earth would we want ANOTHER bloody small forward?! We need a big strong guy up there to compliment the young small forwards we already have.

Instead of thinking of him as s small forward, think of him as an attacking, goal kicking midfielder who can break the lines. And that's something that we definitely need.

We don't need Alwyn at MFC. Simple. We have enough small forwards.

We must take a hard stance in this year's trade period in order to secure as many early picks as we can.

This may mean trading some of our best players.

The prospective trade I have proposed below is just an idea, but we should be looking to adopt an aggressive approach in the upcoming trade period.

Jared Rivers and Pick 18 to Port Adelaide for Pick 3 (?): Jared has not fired a shot for two years due to injury. He has been linked with Adelaide clubs in the past as he is a South Australian boy (his younger brother Jessie is a very good player in local competition in Adelaide). The development of Garland, Warnock, Martin and Frawley this year makes for a promising back 6 in the years to come. Jared has a very similar physique to Garland and Frawley so it is questionable whether we would want three lightly-framed KP backs in our side. Ideally, we would want two of those and one bigger guy to play on the "monsters" (i.e. Warnock or Martin). At his best, Rivers alone would command a top 15 pick but his injuries would deter many clubs so it is likely we would need to throw in Pick 18 as well.

Exactly Demons85. You need someone to take marks or bring the ball to ground for the fleet footers and compliment these small crumbers. You can only have so many receivers in a side.

We don't need Alwyn at MFC. Simple. We have enough small forwards.

We must take a hard stance in this year's trade period in order to secure as many early picks as we can.

This may mean trading some of our best players.

The prospective trade I have proposed below is just an idea, but we should be looking to adopt an aggressive approach in the upcoming trade period.

Jared Rivers and Pick 18 to Port Adelaide for Pick 3 (?): Jared has not fired a shot for two years due to injury. He has been linked with Adelaide clubs in the past as he is a South Australian boy (his younger brother Jessie is a very good player in local competition in Adelaide). The development of Garland, Warnock, Martin and Frawley this year makes for a promising back 6 in the years to come. Jared has a very similar physique to Garland and Frawley so it is questionable whether we would want three lightly-framed KP backs in our side. Ideally, we would want two of those and one bigger guy to play on the "monsters" (i.e. Warnock or Martin). At his best, Rivers alone would command a top 15 pick but his injuries would deter many clubs so it is likely we would need to throw in Pick 18 as well.

Yep! Absolutely. I love Riv. What a player. However, he has been very unlucky with injury. It would pain me to see him go, but while we can still get something for him we may as well. He would still have a lot of trade value IMO. Maybe even Jeff White and Riv for a High pick and pick 3.

Pick one - Watts

The question here is not would we take these, but what we would pay or accept for them...

Pick #1 : Watts.... Awesome.

Pre-Season pick #1 : Warnock... I think we'll have to trade to get him in the end. They'll get an offer from Carltank or Richmond etc etc that we'll have to beat.

Sylvia for Davey. Not gonna happen, and we lose there as we have enough of that type of player. Maric, Davey and Wonna are all this type of player, and we have umpteen small running defenders too in CJ, Buckley, Whelan... the list goes on. If we trade Bell and get rid of Bode and do a few other little things in there, and we need a small rebounder, then yes, have a look at him. But not for Silly. The price is a fraction too high.

Delist Bode and Weetra, but we know Meesen will be retained for another year. Ruckman rule = give him more time. Personally I can't see a PJ-like resurgence in him. Doesn't have PJ's heart.

Carroll wouldn't get anything at trade table. Possible delist. Most likely he will keep his place as he's a big body, and we have none. Bell would only be worth trading for a pick in the 20s or better. We used Woey's pick 14 for him, and we would lose out here a bit, but a pick in the 20s in a deep draft (the last unaffected one) would be a solid return I reckon. Also, unlike Silly, it's not a trade that will come back to haunt us. No-one is afraid of Belly.

Personally I'm more interested in aggressive trading of picks... In the sense that we could do something like give up picks 17 and 18 for pick 6 and 25 or something of that ilk. It's all about getting as CLOSE to 5 picks in the top 20 as possible. It worked for the Hawks, and it worked for Geelong with a few Father Sons thrown in.

Would Port Adelaide be silly enough to give up Pick 3? why would they give up a chance to take a Naitanui, Rich , Watts or Hurley?

Would Port Adelaide be silly enough to give up Pick 3? why would they give up a chance to take a Naitanui, Rich , Watts or Hurley?

True. And that's why I said "prospective" trade only. But what I was trying to demonstrate is that you have to give something to gain something.

Guest DarrentBennetisKing
well not really..

sylvia is sluggish to say the least

essendon like him

Fellow Demon Lovers it gives me great pleasure to join this site, I have just read with great interest your topic and in all honesty "Goose" you seem to be the biggest whinger and have completely no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly your comments months ago about ND, if I had more time I would pinpoint every bit of junk you wrote to the final letter. And then that about the Davey's, A, we do not have #1, he was good for a month and hasn't done a thing since. B) your trade ideas and delisting thoughts again are ridiculous. Goose how old are you? You seem to respond every minute to what others say, are you a kid? You seem to have an incredible amount of time on your hands. It would certainly make alot of sense with the garbage that comes out of your mouth.

For everyone else I appologise for opening my account with an attack on what, besides all his faults, is clearly a melbourne lover true and true. He is just a fool who should listen and think before typing. I promise this will be the last negative comment from me, Demons 2010-2013

Darren

Delist Bode and Weetra, but we know Meesen will be retained for another year. Ruckman rule = give him more time. Personally I can't see a PJ-like resurgence in him. Doesn't have PJ's heart.

Carroll wouldn't get anything at trade table. Possible delist. Most likely he will keep his place as he's a big body, and we have none. Bell would only be worth trading for a pick in the 20s or better. We used Woey's pick 14 for him, and we would lose out here a bit, but a pick in the 20s in a deep draft (the last unaffected one) would be a solid return I reckon. Also, unlike Silly, it's not a trade that will come back to haunt us. No-one is afraid of Belly.

Personally I'm more interested in aggressive trading of picks... In the sense that we could do something like give up picks 17 and 18 for pick 6 and 25 or something of that ilk. It's all about getting as CLOSE to 5 picks in the top 20 as possible. It worked for the Hawks, and it worked for Geelong with a few Father Sons thrown in.

I dont know what a PJ like resurgence is but PJ is not much a ruckman. He has alot of secondary nice to haves but I am concerned that even the footy department sees him as No 2 behind Jamar. Meesen is contracted for another two years. The way he is going he will need 20 years.

Carroll is contracted for 2009. Carroll is next to useless body on body and Warnock, Frawley and Garland are far superior up back.

If Bell is struggling to hold a game in bottom team why would a Club give up a pick 20 for a underperforming NQR in a last unaffected draft before GC closes in?

As for aggressive trading which MFC would realistically throw up a top 20 pick without undermining our list building efforts? McLean? I would not trade him. Our situation is far different to the Hawks as many of our senior players that should have been traded up 4 years ago have been left to deteriorate to a point they barely grace Sandy these days. I dont see other Club salivating over MOR players in a Club that has bottomed out for the past 2 years.

I think we have to be happy with Picks 1, 17, 18 (or 19) plus PSD #1 to deliver us some needed talent onto the list then astutely use picks 35 and 51 to pick a hidden gem. If we can get a good trade away then good but I doubt it.

Fellow Demon Lovers it gives me great pleasure to join this site, I have just read with great interest your topic and in all honesty "Goose" you seem to be the biggest whinger and have completely no idea what you are talking about.

Firstly your comments months ago about ND, if I had more time I would pinpoint every bit of junk you wrote to the final letter. And then that about the Davey's, A, we do not have #1, he was good for a month and hasn't done a thing since. B) your trade ideas and delisting thoughts again are ridiculous. Goose how old are you? You seem to respond every minute to what others say, are you a kid? You seem to have an incredible amount of time on your hands. It would certainly make alot of sense with the garbage that comes out of your mouth.

For everyone else I appologise for opening my account with an attack on what, besides all his faults, is clearly a melbourne lover true and true. He is just a fool who should listen and think before typing. I promise this will be the last negative comment from me, Demons 2010-2013

Darren

:lol:

Welcome Darren, good spray too.

As for aggressive trading which MFC would realistically throw up a top 20 pick without undermining our list building efforts? McLean? I would not trade him. Our situation is far different to the Hawks as many of our senior players that should have been traded up 4 years ago have been left to deteriorate to a point they barely grace Sandy these days. I dont see other Club salivating over MOR players in a Club that has bottomed out for the past 2 years.

I think we have to be happy with Picks 1, 17, 18 (or 19) plus PSD #1 to deliver us some needed talent onto the list then astutely use picks 35 and 51 to pick a hidden gem. If we can get a good trade away then good but I doubt it.

I agree and if there is interest on the table for J.Rivers for a late first round or early second round draft pick from Sth Aust? Knock it back? Or consider?

No offence intended, but sometimes the mind boggles...

Jared Rivers and Pick 18 to Port Adelaide for Pick 3 (?)

As a Port Adelaide supporter, I'd be very annoyed if my Club did that. Thus, I think it's a one-sided trade that is easily in our favour, and thus it won't happen.

Personally I'm more interested in aggressive trading of picks... In the sense that we could do something like give up picks 17 and 18 for pick 6 and 25 or something of that ilk.

If someone offered us picks 17 and 18 for our pick 6 and 25, I'd be furious if we took it. Thus, it's probably a terrible trade that no one will agree to.