Awkard hypothetical scenario

Jarka

I think there comes a point that if you're far enough up the creek, you'd do absolutely anything you could to alleviate the problem.

If our focus isn't on building for a premiership, we may as well give the game away right now.

If we had a Target Called Jonathon Brown at FF I strongly Believe our Midfield would certainly improve. Respect to a point. Kicking to a 3 time Premiership player has gotta give you confidence. J Brown would have to improve our "window" even if it's just what he teaches. Why all the negativity? If he is in the PSD you take Threepeat Teams don't happen everyday. Sadlky not even Nieta or Robbie Flower can Communicate that stuff...

People seem to forget that Brown is either injured, or playing injured over 50% of games.

Who ever gets him MUST go for a performance based contract, and I doubt he'd go for it.

IMO, I reckon he'd be lucky to have 2 more years in him

People seem to forget that Brown is either injured, or playing injured over 50% of games.

Who ever gets him MUST go for a performance based contract, and I doubt he'd go for it.

Sure he has been Bashed around so it would have to be Performance Based. But his Knowledge & stature would be Great.Our young Kids would be stoked to see Brown in there for 2 years.

It's like Byron's 1st Year in 2006. Gave us some Grunt which we so do not have right now

It's like Byron's 1st Year in 2006. Gave us some Grunt which we so do not have right now

That's a prime example of misreading the flag contention window and taking a long-term hit for a (dubious) short-term reward.

I'm not sure I'd be using Pickett as an example of a good decision.

We could have been sitting on a kid ranked 28 in the draft (plus nabbed improved picks with our last two in that draft) a couple of years ago, instead of memories of Pickett's 29 games from 44+ possibles.

That's a prime example of misreading the flag contention window and taking a long-term hit for a (dubious) short-term reward.

We were never going to win a Flag in 2006 But it sure Toughened us up. Big Carl never got us a flag but the Players loved him being there, i spoke to Robbie Flower about that once..

I don't have a problem ex Premiership players in a very young side..

If we had a Target Called Jonathon Brown at FF I strongly Believe our Midfield would certainly improve. Respect to a point. Kicking to a 3 time Premiership player has gotta give you confidence. J Brown would have to improve our "window" even if it's just what he teaches. Why all the negativity? If he is in the PSD you take Threepeat Teams don't happen everyday. Sadlky not even Nieta or Robbie Flower can Communicate that stuff...

No it wouldnt. We have a third world midfield that gets smashed in the clearances. J Brown would only be starved of opportunities.

Agree with that. Given the tough economic climate we are in and will be in for the next 18 months, I just wonder how much leverage J Brown gives us.

And we are not in a premiership window for 5 years and I dont see JBrown being part of that at MFC. Neither does his management.

Absolutely-That Decision is Paramount. We must get the Best. Let's not forget what Happened last tuesday night Either. All Those Business people who dug Deep will want the Best CEO. They certainly will not want to waste Hard earned...Last Tuesday was very Important For the MFC.

We will get the best available. We cant get the best with Cook staying at Geelong. And the next two prferred options according to Stynes ... Schwab and Fox not interested.

Agree. I think Lethal does too.

"J.Brown would have to improve our window?" Not necessarily. For a guy who is 27 and struggles to walk for 2 days after a game and is playing injured. He is a massive and costly risk. We have problems all over the park, not just at FF. The midfield needs an injection of 'pace' and 'skill'. We need forward options and J.brown would be a 1 year fix in my opinion, not 5 year fix.

Building for a premiership requires cash and resources. Bringing in Brown is one way to help achieve that.

Bringing in Brown may just be one way to "eat" into our cash and resources, not build for a premiership.

J Brown is not a short term solution. Winning more games than we lose is.

Winning more games in the short term is not going to happen. J.Brown is a short term fix and would not automatically ensure winning more games either.

Winning more games in the short term is not going to happen. J.Brown is a short term fix and would not automatically ensure winning more games either.

Apart from winning one of the bigger issues is WHY he has no interest in joing our club. Does he find our organistion as a whole laughable? Our supporters? The strength of our list? Our facilties? Or all of the above?

Apart from winning one of the bigger issues is WHY he has no interest in joing our club. Does he find our organistion as a whole laughable? Our supporters? The strength of our list? Our facilties? Or all of the above?

Maybe E) All of the above.

I'd suggest there are a few obvious reasons -

- We won't be in flag contention during his career

- We have poor facilities

That'd be enough for me, but there are probably more reasons (instability perhaps being one of them).

I'd suggest there are a few obvious reasons -

- We won't be in flag contention during his career

- We have poor facilities

That'd be enough for me, but there are probably more reasons (instability perhaps being one of them).

They're definitely the obvious reasons unfortunately. Poor facilities would be a huge component. The sooner we get settled and that sorted out the more "clout" we will have in enticing a big name footballer......next time (fingers crossed) <_<