Thanks Jeff White

Wolfmother

I agree with most that last night showed that White isn't going to be around for MFC next year.

Thanks Jeff for many great years of service people forget how good a ruckmen you were... even last year you lead the AFL in hitouts. You could probably still play AFL in a top tier team which you may do next year but you accomplishments at the MFC should not be forgotten.

***On a side note MFC has had a great ruckmen for the past twenty years first Stynes and then White, now I think thats why Jamar gets mark so harshly because I think the combination of Jamar and Johnston could easily compete with both Hawthorns and Westerns ruck divisions they just don't dominate games like the previous two had

Has been shirking contests for many years now. Has always prevented him from becoming a truly great ruckman.

But i will thank him.

Should try him as a tall forward whilst we have nothing else. He`s a good mark and a big long kick.

He is shikes!

Craig Hutchison reports in the Hearald Sun that Jeff is expected to get more opportunities over the next 3 games because Paul Johnson is going to have hip surgery.

:angry:

Paul Johnston is one reason I still LIKE going to the games,

he has had a great year. For me anyway.

He's been a great player for us but I lost a lot of respect when he shirked a marking contest in the last quarter. Was disgraceful and Carroll rightly let him know about it.

Sounds like an incident vs Geelong in round 6(?) when Rivers blasted White.

can anyone find a link to the craig hutchenson story? i cant find it...

I saw it in the paer too (just a throw away line) couldn't find it on net

I thought there were worse players than Jeff White on Friday but I have been pleasantly surprised wth Jamar and Jonstone this year. Jeff has three weeks to get a gig next year probably elsewhere.

Yze has been on 450,000$ a year for the last 3.

Source N3000? That would seem high for a player who played his last game before the contract renewal off the bench in the 2005 EF.

I would be surprised if its that high. If it is then we should have let him walk to the PSD then.

I felt sorry for Jeff on Friday night!

But he is finished...... did anyone see him standing in the centre sqaure flat footed watching the ball roll past him and then continue to watch the geelong player pick it up and run away.... it was a sad sight!

another thing i noticed on friday night and i know that it is easy not fair to pin point one or two players... but does clint bartram worry anybody else? i think that he is a massive concern... i know that every team needs a stopper but he doesnt seem to do a great job at it - it wouldnt worry me as much if he could hurt the oppostion going forward but he cant! his skills are poor and he seems to run around in circles.

All in all a sand weekend and it was sad to see a player like jeff white so far out of his depth!

Sadly..Jeff has gone the way of the dodo.

With respect to Bartram, every side needs this type of player. He has a reasonable engine to provide the run with role. He is quick and aggressive and a good tackler. I'm not worried about Clint Bartram. He's an honest footballer who gives he's all. I can't question his endeavour. He's not a penetrating kick, but he can kick and hit a target, probably needs to be better with his handballing. IMO he can only improve having only played 40-odd games.

i just wish bartram could do more to hurt other teams.... like some of the other taggers seem to do.....

his disposal is not good at all by the way

Whilst we may end up agreeing to disagree, I think your selling Clint Bartram short by stating that "his disposal is not good at all" and that he is a "massive concern"

Watch him closely over the next 3 weeks, identify what he does and what his tasks are for the team and see if you come to the same conclusion.

McDonald was exactly where Batram is, in terms of skill level.

Worked on his kicking and has become one of the best players I have seen at the demons and, easily, the most courageous and selfless player.

As for Jeff, he should be remembered as a great player that was ruined by the circle. But his time at MFC as a player is 3 games away from over.

ok i will watch him but i know that i will be let down........ i hear what your saying about his effort but his execution is poor..... he is a middle of the road tagger who cant hurt on the attack.

if you are not a top tagger then you need to be able to attack...... thats my concern!