Disappointed with ...

Guest DemonSG

bruce is hopeless...

all i ask is that you guys watch him at stoppages...

everytime he is nowhere near his man (who is usally a better player than him), he is always pushing forward at stoppages and getting the cheap kick out the back...

I would be the happiest man alive if we got rid of him for a draft pick!!!

And what exactly do you suppose we get for him in return?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tipping if we were a winning side some of you guys wouldn't even be contemplating Cameron Bruce as a trade. He will finish in our top 5 Best & Fairest again this year. Sure he may of not had one of his best games yesterday, but he has had more good games collectively than most MFC players of late.

If I kept a record of some of your statements over the last few weeks, I reckon you'd be trading half the side at the end of this year!

Ridiculous!

Guest DemonSG
Daniel Bell is a confidence player. He possesses great tackling techniques, is physical, has speed. What he needs to improve on is his decision making skills under pressure, his awareness, and his execution. Dean Bailey is aware of this. At the moment Bell is standing on 'thin ice' to retain his place in the side for next week against the Bombers, due to poor execution at critical stages of Sundays game against the Kangaroos.

Unfortunately some statistics don't tell the whole story even though the stats don't lie.

Get him OUT NOW and Carrol back in for next week or Essendon's backs will kill us!!

So he gets 18 touches at over 80% efficiency, Bruce gets 20 at 55%, and Bell is the main culprit?

If you're going to talk of turnovers, half our team is gone. You'll need a better reason than that

Can't disagree with that. At least Bell is not our captain.

high tower do me a favour

next time your at a game (if you actually go) please watch bruce closely for me!!

study his game.... watch him especially closely at stoppages.. he is a front runner and not a team player!!

his disposal is hopeless and he gets all his possessions at the end of the game....

in the first fifteen minutes yesterday when we were getting smashed you would expect your captain to have an influence.... he in fact was the one bloke who went missing.... the others were trying and he was joggin around the outskirts of the pack...

pathetic and embarrassing again!!!

Guest DemonSG
Essendon's "backs" will kill us? Don't you mean Essendon's forwards?

Tower you are correct..I meant Essendon GOING FARWARD

next time your at a game (if you actually go)

Yes I do go, and yes I watched Bruce. Its fair to say he's 1st quarter was well below, and he had zero influence. Should you be having a go at him soley? Or give credit to his opponent?

his disposal is hopeless and he gets all his possessions at the end of the game....

His disposal yes, should be better. Not sure about getting all of his possessions at the end of the game.......How do you know this, anwyway I'm usually at the bar at the end of the game drowning my sorrows after another loss....

in the first fifteen minutes yesterday when we were getting smashed you would expect your captain to have an influence.... he in fact was the one bloke who went missing.... the others were trying and he was joggin around the outskirts of the pack...

I agree with this. It was a poor game by his standards, but there were others too. ....

I am just sick of so many players being mentioned for trade, and I reckon he wouldn't be considered for trade in the position he is in.

Goose, with comments like yours you have given yourself an accurate title. Who is leading the MFC club player of the year after 16 rounds? Who is the leading possession getter for Melb. Who will feature in the voting for our best and fairest again! Check that out. It is so amusing that people like you and other Bruce bashers know so much more about Bruce's so called lack of ability than the selectors and entire coaching staff at MFC. If they thought like you he would not have played 179 games with the club. Get real mate. I wonder if you could average 22 possessions in an AFL season. You just sit home and press buttons and its so easy to criticize.

Goose, with comments like yours you have given yourself an accurate title. Who is leading the MFC club player of the year after 16 rounds? Who is the leading possession getter for Melb. Who will feature in the voting for our best and fairest again! Check that out. It is so amusing that people like you and other Bruce bashers know so much more about Bruce's so called lack of ability than the selectors and entire coaching staff at MFC. If they thought like you he would not have played 179 games with the club. Get real mate. I wonder if you could average 22 possessions in an AFL season. You just sit home and press buttons and its so easy to criticize.

Bruce is a talented playmaker who needs strong midfield support around him to really show his best. Presently he has none and is maligned by the un-thinking accordingly.

I don't frequently post on here because I'd get more satisfaction headbutting my car door.

Bobby.... What is it that bruce provides exactly?

i can tell you what he is good at

- collecting possesions in junk time

- turning the ball over

-not shepparding

-not tackling

-poor handballing ability

-foot skills hopeless

-front runner

-loose

-soft

-not involved in the game when the game is in the balance but will happily watch his man go in and get the ball and have an influence on the game

-loves pointing the finger when in fact it is his fault that the ball gets cleared from a stoppage by HIS direct opponent.

-Will put his mate under the pump just so he doesnt get tackled

-and noticeably of late and since we have lost our more important hard running and team playing midfielders, cannot kick goals anymore!

trade him for a pick in the top 30 and get someone who will AT LEAST try and do the above things. I am a firm believer that if you try and give everything you have but get beaten by a better opponent then so be it.......... C Bruce doesnt try, would very rarely leave the ground sore and is quite satisfied with being labelled the best player in a hopeless side.

Bobby Boy open your eyes sunshine - Cameron Bruce is not only loose and very soft, he has no leadership abaility ans rund around like a fairy, his disposal is a joke and average at the best of time, Bobby next time take a min to actually watch the way he plays the game, he runs areound and gets pumped up by the footy public when his peers and the real A Graders around leave him for dead, he's a B Grade midfielder at best and only made to look good at times because of the unaccaountable forward of the play style he prefers

High Tower I have no problme with any of the people within this thread wanting to tarde half the side cause unless we do we are going nowhere, I have had it with medicority, settling for ok players and praising the likes of bruce when they are more of a hinderance than actually contributing to the development of our club and what it stands for.

Bruce = OUT

oh and you can also add to that the worst captain to ever toss the coin for the MFC

He should have tossed the coin, kept his tracksuit on and sat on the pine all day assisting Brocky and Olarenshaw with special comments on the boundary, im afraid it was a bit too cold for Cameron to put his head over the nut and show some real leadership at a very important time for the club

He should have tossed the coin, kept his tracksuit on and sat on the pine all day assisting Brocky and Olarenshaw with special comments on the boundary, im afraid it was a bit too cold for Cameron to put his head over the nut and show some real leadership at a very important time for the club

I know it has been an horrific year, but I gotta say, taking frustrations out - as justified as they maybe - on the playing group is pretty disappointing in my view.

So ya reckon these guys don't bleed inside and out for what they are going through. Brucey has given me many a magic moment over time. Rather than getting on their backs, get behind them and support the boys through bad as well as the good times.

Otherwise, pull the bloody boots on yourself and just see how you go in the field of battle, in the premier competition.

Maybe it is just me, but I see a real spirit developing among this group, despite the year we have had. In his interview on Saturday, Connolly was right. When the media collectively bagged Barassi for his 5 year plan, they forgot what happened from '87 on.

To me this group can do the same thing and it won't take 5 years.

Stick with the boys and support them. Bagging is the easiest thing to do. Supporting constuctively is another thing altogether

agree with you on all fronts

but still think bruce is a waste and doesnt bleed for his team mates, which is the most important...

if you want to see what i mean then read my above thread!!! id love bruce to be passionate but he doesnt even like getting tackled

if you want a soft man like bruce leading your team then i pity being your fellow supporter

I know it has been an horrific year, but I gotta say, taking frustrations out - as justified as they maybe - on the playing group is pretty disappointing in my view.

So ya reckon these guys don't bleed inside and out for what they are going through. Brucey has given me many a magic moment over time. Rather than getting on their backs, get behind them and support the boys through bad as well as the good times.

Otherwise, pull the bloody boots on yourself and just see how you go in the field of battle, in the premier competition.

Maybe it is just me, but I see a real spirit developing among this group, despite the year we have had. In his interview on Saturday, Connolly was right. When the media collectively bagged Barassi for his 5 year plan, they forgot what happened from '87 on.

To me this group can do the same thing and it won't take 5 years.

Stick with the boys and support them. Bagging is the easiest thing to do. Supporting constuctively is another thing altogether

Pathetic comment regarding pulling them on, these guys get paid well do perform and when you run around like your an A Grader then unless you do perform then you will cop the flak, he's supposedly our leader and best player somehow so I would like to see him dispaly this and perhaps show some ticker like Green has and improve on his leadership and hardness

Iva - I am a long time member of both the MFC and MCC and ive inter state so as you protect Cameron so well under our criticism please dont question MY support of the club

I think the potential is there to be very strong going forwward but the dead wood must go

agree with you on all fronts

but still think bruce is a waste and doesnt bleed for his team mates, which is the most important...

if you want to see what i mean then read my above thread!!! id love bruce to be passionate but he doesnt even like getting tackled

if you want a soft man like bruce leading your team then i pity being your fellow supporter

No need for pity. My fellow supporters have been with me since '64.

I agree, Bruce is not the man to lead, but our stocks are low right now. Bruce will be a better player when we get some hard nuts back on the park, but right now, we have very little to choose from.

The most over rated cliche has to be "He does/doesn't bleed for club"

The sooner people realise Cameron Bruce is a good player but not a superstar, the less heart burn you'll get.

He'll never reach the heights some of you want him to be but that's doesn't mean he's a hack.

The most over rated cliche has to be "He does/doesn't bleed for club"

The sooner people realise Cameron Bruce is a good player but not a superstar, the less heart burn you'll get.

He'll never reach the heights some of you want him to be but that's doesn't mean he's a hack.

My issue with Cammy is that he gives me the distinct impression he actually believes the hype himself and this is why he isn't half the player that some people believe him to be, he struts around like he's gods gift and that the MFC should feel grateful they have him, kidding himself!

Good players get traded, great players have teams built around them, thanks for your input Jacey

Pathetic comment regarding pulling them on, these guys get paid well do perform and when you run around like your an A Grader then unless you do perform then you will cop the flak, he's supposedly our leader and best player somehow so I would like to see him dispaly this and perhaps show some ticker like Green has and improve on his leadership and hardness

Iva - I am a long time member of both the MFC and MCC and ive inter state so as you protect Cameron so well under our criticism please dont question MY support of the club

I think the potential is there to be very strong going forwward but the dead wood must go

Jimmy,

I don't question your particular commitment to the MFC, but I do question the wisdom of bagging the players.

It is not just on this thread that that occurs.

I am confident we have a football department that will manage the list appropriately over time.

I reckon in 2 years time, we won't be having this debate, as we will start to see the results we are all waiting for.

In the meantime, I will keep cheering them. Yes, even Cameron Bruce.

Cheers Jimmy

Brucey would leave his trackies on for the whole game if he could!!!!

if i was coach id rip those things of his legs and there is no way he would be tossing the coin in them........ another sign of his softness

brucey is the best in the AFL at:

- collecting possesions in junk time

- turning the ball over

-not shepparding

-not tackling

-poor handballing ability

-foot skills hopeless

-front runner

-loose

-soft

-not involved in the game when the game is in the balance but will happily watch his man go in and get the ball and have an influence on the game

-loves pointing the finger when in fact it is his fault that the ball gets cleared from a stoppage by HIS direct opponent.

-Will put his mate under the pump just so he doesnt get tackled

-and noticeably of late and since we have lost our more important hard running and team playing midfielders, cannot kick goals anymore!

Jimmy,

I don't question your particular commitment to the MFC, but I do question the wisdom of bagging the players.

It is not just on this thread that that occurs.

I am confident we have a football department that will manage the list appropriately over time.

I reckon in 2 years time, we won't be having this debate, as we will start to see the results we are all waiting for.

In the meantime, I will keep cheering them. Yes, even Cameron Bruce.

Cheers Jimmy

Ahhhhhh Iva iva iva my man, I too agree the football dept, board and coaching staff that are in place are terrific, I slao agree we have some great young talent coming through and that within the next 2 or 3 years provided we draft / trade well we will be pushing for the top 4, i will not however shy away from the copious amounts of rubbish we have on the current list, especially the same old offenders that are either at the end of their days or been tried, tested and failed several times.

I am glad you keep cheering them and even BIG strong Cammy, i mean his ego does need to be managed upwards, anyway if your happy with how he performs when you sit him alongside all the other teams best players then thats your perogative, I however and to the contrary feel this is a big problem for the team, look forward to your feedback for the remaining 5 rounds cause I will be watching our PREMIER player like a hawk and I reckon he wont let me down!

Cheers Ivy

Fair enough Jimmy.

I will also be watching.....with interest.

But for the record, I will say it again. I agree, CB is not theman to lead this club, but he will be a far better member of the team when we get some hard bodies and class back into the 22.

As a matter of interest, given our "outs" at the moment and indifferent form generally, who would you like to see lead the boys out for the remaining 5 rounds?

SERIOUSLY.