DEMONS DUMP MACCA- ITS OFFICIAL

Billy Baxter

Dont you get it davey Magik??

MFC is in strife.... we cant afford to wait till then and if we could we would have..... do you think we want to pay him out???

we DONT HAVE TIME TO MESS AROUND

sometimes i dont think some of our supporters understand our position.....

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP SOMEONE ON BOARD COZ WE ARE WORRIED ABOU HURTING THERE FEELINGS

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Davey boy your wuite right, we could have waited and then sacked the lot of them due to the fact the club went under or we could make a stand and sack him now (Top move by the way) and make some hard calls and go get the best chief executive available.

He was never popular at Tennis Aust is an outspoken, arrogant political nightmare so good bye Macca, thanks for your 4 months, glad you enjoyed Wimbeldon and then an extended holiday in France whilst your club was goling under, unbleiveable some you blokes!

I'm sorry but it is an idiotic decision to sack him now, should have at least let him see out the year.

McNamee has every right to feel aggrieved.

What do you base that view on?

Do you know how he performed in his four months as an administrator of the MFC?

Do you agree with offering $5million dollars to Brown without apparently the approval of the football department or the Board?

Do you believe that the Board has a duty to have the best CEO it can work with?

Do you believe that the Board should set the direction of the club?

What do you see as MacNamee's strengths as a football admininstrator?

What is worse MacNamee feeling aggrieved or the members feeling aggrieved if we go out of business?

ETC.

Guest unstable punt
in the space of one week we are a joke on and off the field again!! is it ever gonna end? :huh:

thats what shits me more than anything, there just never seems to be any stability, Jimmy comes in and the place seemed on the up then he does this and it spirals down again. I don't know how he's going to get people to dip into there pockets, when they keep making these stupid decisions that cost us money :angry: :angry: :angry:

again must i say!!!

THE MFC dont have time to sit on average individuals that go on holidays and have no football experience....... i agree it would be nice to have let him do a yr or maybe more...

but we are in dire straights and cannot afford the wrong people on board.

forgetting the fact that it looks bad... to be a successful club you need a C.E.O that is doing the job and doing it well... he clearly wasnt and was hired on gardner's watch...

Can you forget the issue of how bad it looks and worry about the friggen club and how the club is run......

1) Well he got the arse for a start from a board that knows a lot more than you and me for that matter so there's a fair starting point for you.

2) Well he spent a few weeks in Europe so lets cut it back to say 3 months, and to be honest, no evidence he actually did anything

3) If you reckon he fell on his sword for wanting brown I shoul,d stop even replying to your comments cause it a d you are kidding yourselves, im actually embarrassed for you

4) The board does have the duty to work with the best CEO, please refer to point 1

5) Of course unless you want Carroll and Sylvia running the show

6) No evidence of any strenghts as a football administrator, sure he may have done ok in other codes but 4 months in football then getting the sack isnt a great record, no?

7) Horrific question which doesnt warrant a reply

Cameron Schwab would be great though I understand some may argue this. He did some remarkabble stuff when he started out with MFC years ago.

On another point, I also have been hearing that Mr Stynes has been working "tirelessly".

What was remarkable about breaching the salary cap and getting the sack?

What was remarkable about breaching the salary cap and getting the sack?

Agreed. How quickly we forget the skeletons in this guy's cupboard.

The word was he was too close to the players and did not spend enough time on the strategic business planning side of things.

From what I have heard, Fox is the man and Brian Cook gives him huge raps.

He has certainly done some remarkable things with the Dockers, sitting on a lazy 42,000 members and debt free I believe having taken up the role with the joint in a real mess!

At the end of the day we all want stability and a platform to build some success (Premierships!)

If the current board has reviewed maccas skills and capabilities against their business plan and he didnt match up then he had to go and go fast, if you have 2 very capabale and highly regarded FOOTBALL administrators available for the taking (Schwab and Fox) then make the call and go out and get them and this is what we will do.

Its not rocket science its business and its tough, the right call ahs been made cause i back the board who after all want exactly what we do

So get on board or button your lip, support your club and attend the games win lose or draw, we are melbourne and success will follow

HOORAH!!!

finally someone that doesnt complain and rows the boat in the same direction as the club!!!

for gods sake the point of supporting a team and being involved in a team is to back each other!!!

if you cant back jimmy stynes then who the hell can you back???

open your eyes some of you

As the new President Jim Stynes is entitled to recruit the people he wants. If he and Macca were having problems with conflicting agendas well then the CEO must go, as he was appointed by the Previous Board.

What i will say though is that. The CEO that fills that vacancy now Must be the Right one. Get it right Stynesy please, otherwise i believe we will be finished

Please Please get it right. We need the Gun CEO in Australia to work with the board.

He has certainly done some remarkable things with the Dockers, sitting on a lazy 42,000 members and debt free I believe having taken up the role with the joint in a real mess!

What I was responding to was what Schwab achieved at Melbourne. Read the thread. Anyone of the CEO's could of taken it to 42,000 members and debt free in a two team town.

Goodbye and good riddance I say. What ideas did he have, to market ourselves as snobs and get J Brown. The first idea is certain death and the second is none of his goddamn business. CEO's don't manage lists, except maybe Skase and Edelsten.

How exactly has this cost the club money, recruitment process aside. As far as I can tell he is receiving 3 months pay for 4 months employment, sounds like we're saving a little coin. How much is Spargo getting to temp? Probably a lot less than Mac was on.

The board don't have a year to twiddle their thumbs and wait to see how Mac goes. If they feel he's the wrong man for the job I'm glad they moved him on straight away, best to get all the pain out of the way as quickly as possible

What I was responding to was what Schwab achieved at Melbourne. Read the thread. Anyone of the CEO's could of taken it to 42,000 members and debt free in a two team town.

Hahahahah High Tower switch on son - have a listen to the football public my man he's as respected as anyone as a footy administrator and now you say any CEO could do what he has done in a 2 team town, incredible.

I wonder if Macca could have achieved one hey, laughable

:lol:

At the end of the day we all want stability and a platform to build some success (Premierships!)

If the current board has reviewed maccas skills and capabilities against their business plan and he didnt match up then he had to go and go fast, if you have 2 very capabale and highly regarded FOOTBALL administrators available for the taking (Schwab and Fox) then make the call and go out and get them and this is what we will do.

Its not rocket science its business and its tough, the right call ahs been made cause i back the board who after all want exactly what we do

So get on board or button your lip, support your club and attend the games win lose or draw, we are melbourne and success will follow

Is this you, Jimma!?

If it is, act fast on Fox, he'd have a wealth of information and resources (ie B.Cook of Geelong)! and good luck...

Go Dees!

Hahahahah High Tower switch on son - have a listen to the football public my man he's as respected as anyone as a footy administrator and now you say any CEO could do what he has done in a 2 team town, incredible.

I wonder if Macca could have achieved one hey, laughable

:lol:

Given the expectations Freo had at the beggining of this year, I lay London to a brick their membership will suffer a commensurate decline in 2009.

Sure, we need a person with business acumen and footy smartz together, but not someone with "baggage" which Schwab certainly has.

ur odd high tower

jimmy and furious D spot on the money

and for those of you think that mcnamee was our only avenue to brown.. your retarded..

did any of you consider the connection between bailey and schwab with a man by the name of Pavlich.....

very interesting