MARTIN TO DEBUT

Blistering

Ins: Valenti, Carroll, Martin

Outs: McDonald, Frawley, Jamar / White

Surely Valenti has earnt another gig.

Im dissapointed Frawley's out and Carroll hasnt really been on my radar however I'd be interested to see what he's got. I want to see Garland, Frawley, Warnock and Martin given as much time as possible, yet everybody has always said Carroll isnt good enough or big enough to be a quality full back so I think its only fair he is given some opportunity to see how he fits in around Garland & Warnock, you never know, he might suprise us.

I couldnt care less about White or Jamar, I just dont want to see both of 'em out there...

Give Morton another rest with the bye coming up & give Bode one last chance.

Buckley could not possibly have developed an entire defensive side to his game in 3 VFL run with roles, keep naming him and keeping him hungry, I'd like to see him keep working at it for a little while yet though.

Keep in mind we have not a lot of control over where Sandy puts players ;)

I've found our relationship with Sandy in regards to player development has improved a lot this year.

Sandy using Buckley as a tagger after his defensive weaknesses were exposed at AFL level & a tiny 17 year old Maric being played in the middle even though he was kicking goals for them in the forward pocket are just a couple of examples.

Its not a matter of control, its both clubs recognising the need for player development, and this year seems a vast improvement from previous years, Williams going to MFC & Lovell coming to Sandy was probably a big help there. Hopefully MFC can create a similar relationship at Casey.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping Frawley isn't the end of the world for him, he'll get another shot. What would be a worry though is that both Garland and Warnock have overtaken him, something thatdidn't seem possible at the start of the season. He's going to need to work hard to force his way back intot he team, I hope he does.

Dropping Frawley isn't the end of the world for him, he'll get another shot. What would be a worry though is that both Garland and Warnock have overtaken him, something thatdidn't seem possible at the start of the season. He's going to need to work hard to force his way back intot he team, I hope he does.

i think frawley will come good. but i think he is a backman who will benefit greatly from 3-4 years in the system so that he can get his body strength up.

garland, i think has come good partly because of the roles they have used him in. he has been allowed to use his strengths (specifically his closing speed) to play in his most suited role, rather than trying to play him on strong opponents or in a different position because of his smaller body.

i think frawley will eventually play on the stronger forwards in a full back role but obviously this position needs development. every game he gets at the moment is an absolute bonus for his development.

frawley is currently listed as 19 years and 9 months, at 193cm and 88kg's. it is only half way through his second season but he already has 17 games experience. when he has played 3-4 seasons he should have 40-50 games under his belt, maybe more and will be really hitting his straps.

out of interest, these players are the only players on the list younger than Frawley:

McNamara, Maric, Morton, Spencer®, Cheney, Grimes, Weetra and Wonaeamirri ®.

out of interest, frawley is the same weight as brock mclean, and moloney, and lighter than daniel bell.

frawley is currently listed as 19 years and 9 months, at 193cm and 88kg's. it is only half way through his second season but he already has 17 games experience. when he has played 3-4 seasons he should have 40-50 games under his belt, maybe more and will be really hitting his straps.

Agree 100%. a budding Fullback cannot be expected to shine until he has 3-4 years of afl experience AND is atleast 95kg.

Guyz like Bradshaw, Brown, Cloke, Fevola, Reiwold, Pav etc are all around or over 100kg. cannot expect Frawley compete with more experienced and much stronger opponents.

However he continues to show that he has good pace, a decent punch, a strong mark and an effective (albeit ungainly) kick. With those attributes there's no reason he can't turn the corner one day (maybe next season, maybe the year after) and prove to be a 10 yr fullback.

Warnock is only JUST NOW showing that he's capable of being a fullback and he's 24 yrs old.

at 19, we should lower our expectations of him.

How good do people think Darren Glass or Matthew Scarlett were at 19? fullbacks take time. frawley will make it

Yay Carroll in.

I will the one on the steps who will be barracking like mad for Uncle Chop Chop.

I dont think a lot here will give him any credit if he plays well.

i think frawley will come good. but i think he is a backman who will benefit greatly from 3-4 years in the system so that he can get his body strength up.

garland, i think has come good partly because of the roles they have used him in. he has been allowed to use his strengths (specifically his closing speed) to play in his most suited role, rather than trying to play him on strong opponents or in a different position because of his smaller body.

i think frawley will eventually play on the stronger forwards in a full back role but obviously this position needs development. every game he gets at the moment is an absolute bonus for his development.

out of interest, these players are the only players on the list younger than Frawley:

McNamara, Maric, Morton, Spencer®, Cheney, Grimes, Weetra and Wonaeamirri ®.

out of interest, frawley is the same weight as brock mclean, and moloney, and lighter than daniel bell.

It's funny how different people see different things. I believe he'll be a rebounding flanker or playing on the third tall, I'd be more inclined to get him away from the full back position so he can utilize his strengths more.

It's funny how different people see different things. I believe he'll be a rebounding flanker or playing on the third tall, I'd be more inclined to get him away from the full back position so he can utilize his strengths more.

thats definitely an option jarka. my concerns with that are that his height makes him very valuable as a KPP if he can develop as one, and that im not sure he will be able to play that running rebounding role such as CJ, wheatly, and co are doing (both around the 190 mark) and previously down by a few shorter players.

i think if he bulks up a bit his closing speed will be a great asset when stopping full forwards on the mark.

either way i think he is a good prospect medium to long term, and i cnat wait to see him develop.

perhaps his position will be determined by how much weight he puts on. if he stays around the 90kg mark he might have to develop into the role you've suggested, but if he gets to that 95kg mark he might slot in as a FB.

That he's been in the system a few years?

Might be wrong but I thought he was drafted after playing a couple of years with Sandy seniors

He's been in the football system a whopping great 3 years. Started playing the game as a fill in an Amo's under 19 team, and proceded to win the comp. b&f with 9 bog's in 10 games.

Prior to that, he was a very promising basketballer.