brock mclean

tarzan16

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wasn't Hayes dropped?

Interesting Jarka. I made the call that Dal had a low tackle count and you questioned it and I replied. In fairness it was probably a lack of one percenters than purely his tackle count.

You made the statement that he was selfish and yet you refuse to quantify it. Seems you like to try to shoot people down but don't take too kindly to having your own views questioned.

If your view that Dalsanto is selfish because he doesn't do enough of the one percenters then we are actually in agreement. Seems you have wasted a lot of effort to actually agree with me.

Interesting Jarka. I made the call that Dal had a low tackle count and you questioned it and I replied. In fairness it was probably a lack of one percenters than purely his tackle count.

You made the statement that he was selfish and yet you refuse to quantify it. Seems you like to try to shoot people down but don't take too kindly to having your own views questioned.

If your view that Dalsanto is selfish because he doesn't do enough of the one percenters then we are actually in agreement. Seems you have wasted a lot of effort to actually agree with me.

LOL, it that's your definition of being shot down then my advice is don't continue to visit these forums, it can get alot more personal and aggressive than this discussion/debate.

You asked why I thought he was dropped and i told you, yet you still haven't answered the question of why Hayes wasn't dropped. It's a significant question because you made the statement that the tackles are a big issue, I happen to believe that it's a minor issue, and I also pointed out that this season his tackle count hasn't been that bad. A fact that you've clearly ignored in this discussion, perhaps it doesn't lend support to your pov?

To expand more on my response of being selfish I believe he doesn't play by the team rules. A good example would be his shot at goal on the boundary line instead of passing to a teammate in a better position. He also clearly doesn't work hard enough when his team doesn't have the ball. He was also unfortunate that he had a low tackle count in the game before there was alot of pressure put on the coach to make an example of a senior player.

He also clearly doesn't work hard enough when his team doesn't have the ball. He was also unfortunate that he had a low tackle count in the game before there was alot of pressure put on the coach to make an example of a senior player.

so we are actually fairly close to being in agreement. :lol:

So, what was the reason for Hayes keeping his spot again?

Jarka you have conceded that dals tackling was an issue and I have conceded that it was not just his tackling. Therefore we are in agreement. I don't know why Hayes wasn't dropped, please enlighten me. I thought we were talking about Dalsanto.

You obviously have a combative nature and I don't mind an argument. Talk to you soon. Go back and have a look at what the topic was about ie Brock Mclean and see if you agree with the point I was trying to make to the young guy.

Jarka you have conceded that dals tackling was an issue and I have conceded that it was not just his tackling. Therefore we are in agreement. I don't know why Hayes wasn't dropped, please enlighten me. I thought we were talking about Dalsanto.

You obviously have a combative nature and I don't mind an argument. Talk to you soon. Go back and have a look at what the topic was about ie Brock Mclean and see if you agree with the point I was trying to make to the young guy.

Actually that comment re tackling was sarcastic, I'm surprised you didn't pick it up.

I have no idea why Hayes was not dropped, but as you seem to know that Dal Santo was dropped because he only had one tackle then I assumed you knew about Hayes as well.

Unless of course it has nothing to do with tackles....

I saw this and his point was that possession stats can be misleading. hardball gets, clearances and tackles tell the story. in fact i might suggest to you that the reason for dal santos ommission is due to his tackle count being very low or non-existent. Very important stats indeed because it shows the players committment to the team. Richmond recently dropped Pettifer and Bowden for not tackling.

Please Tarzan have a look at the stats that matter. You really should give up on this one.

Mate, i know what ur saying about hard ball gets etc and i agree, i'm just having a laugh and a little dig at someone. i never mentioned anything about dal santo etc, i didn't post on him, couldn't give a crap what other clubs do.

ta mate

Actually that comment re tackling was sarcastic, I'm surprised you didn't pick it up.

I have no idea why Hayes was not dropped, but as you seem to know that Dal Santo was dropped because he only had one tackle then I assumed you knew about Hayes as well.

Unless of course it has nothing to do with tackles....

Went back and had a look, nup no sarcasm there mate. Pretty poor way to try and win an argument.

Jarka says, "Oh did I say that, nah I was just being sarcastic".

And contrare you are the oracle who seems to have the answers and volunteers them in a discussion in which you actually played no part.

Good luck in your future debates.

Went back and had a look, nup no sarcasm there mate. Pretty poor way to try and win an argument.

Jarka says, "Oh did I say that, nah I was just being sarcastic".

And contrare you are the oracle who seems to have the answers and volunteers them in a discussion in which you actually played no part.

Good luck in your future debates.

Yet you're still unwilling to answer a simple question.

Gee, I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

I understand though, I wouldn't want to answer that question either if I were you.

Yet you're still unwilling to answer a simple question.

Gee, I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

I understand though, I wouldn't want to answer that question either if I were you.

Oh but I did answer, go back and have a look. :lol:

Pity, I thought that you had more than 'I don't know' in you, makes your whole argument look pretty weak.

never ask a question that u don't know the answer to yourself. ;)

You will obviously want to have the last say as you strike me as that sort of person. I will walk away with my head held high, knowing that for some reason?? you attempted to undermine me and failed. I hope you arguments in the future make a little more sense and dont rely on backflips and osbscure generalisations especially considering that you admitted to agreeing with me. A very strange discussion indeed. :lol:

Mate, i know what ur saying about hard ball gets etc and i agree, i'm just having a laugh and a little dig at someone. i never mentioned anything about dal santo etc, i didn't post on him, couldn't give a crap what other clubs do.

ta mate

i think they are well past talking to you tarzan...they are off in their own little world atm.

Guest Schtacker

He's having a top year, B+F leader. Our best and most important player and no doubt eventual captain. Just have a look at him.

brock_mclean.jpg

I'm backing him to get even better yet

If you look at watch winners (buckley, hird, voss etc) they all have one thing in common..... A good team around them and when they did not have a good team around them, they would not be exactly match winners either but would still rack up the possessions, and none of them were match winners at 21 either.

If you look at watch winners (buckley, hird, voss etc) they all have one thing in common..... A good team around them and when they did not have a good team around them, they would not be exactly match winners either but would still rack up the possessions, and none of them were match winners at 21 either.

Exactly, AFL is a massively team oriented game. One player does not give a team it's power, they give the team their spark to fire. If Brock McLean can get a classy supporting act around him then he will dominate, look at Kerr, without the likes of Cousins and Judd around him he's forced to be the only "match winner" in the team.

Hopefully that's where the likes of Morton, Jones, Maric, Davey, Bate and possibly our no.1 draft pick will come in.